Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
AmanJ

All about LG RD6000

hi devesh,

this is my first post......i have a lg 6000....can u tell me how do u upload wallpapers and ringtones by bitpim.....i am new to this.....

parag

lg rd 6000 review (detailed or not that u decide)

Well first of allfor the newbies

23357[/snapback]

I too bought the phone and felt cheated at first but after some time when you go through the features, it is a really good phone and I am in love with it.

23456[/snapback]

Edited by Chirag

hi devesh,

this is my first post......i have a lg 6000....can u tell me how do u upload wallpapers and ringtones by bitpim.....i am new to this.....

parag

[

Step 1: Download the latest version of Bit Pim from

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bitpim/...up.exe?download

Step 2: Install Bitpim on your pc

Step 3: Connect your phone with a data cable to the usb or serial port of your cable (software for phone driver must be installed)

Step 4: Bitpim will autodetect the phone and click on wallpaper, than click on get from phone and you are done.

I have been trying a USB cable for last one week but it has not worked. Apaprently the USB cable for 6000 is not available yet.

26611[/snapback]

I have bought a USB cable on baazee.com and it works very well, both for r connect and bitpim / lg snyc.

Only problem is that it is a usb - serial convertor cable and not a true / straight usb cable which would offer much better speeds on the internet.

Sellers who are offering lg cables on baazee.com are:

Digidot - bhavnagar

NisaOnline - Hyderabad (same as rimwebshopping)

SethiKamal - Delhi

If you live in one of these cities you can buy on cod otherwise choose the seller you are most comfortable after seeing their ratings.

thanks devesh....

i will try it...thanks buddy

Step 1:  Download the latest version of Bit Pim from

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bitpim/...up.exe?download

Step 2: Install Bitpim on  your pc

Step 3:  Connect your phone with a data cable to the usb or serial port of your cable (software for phone driver must be installed)

Step 4:  Bitpim will autodetect the phone and click on wallpaper, than click on get from phone and you are done.

27063[/snapback]

Edited by Chirag

pictures taken on LG RD 6000 were already posted in the forum. Please go through all the topics or search the forum. Anyway, please post them if you have any new pictures.

Hi!

There's talk of Reliance launching EVDO services soon. Is LG 6000 a 3G handset through which i can make use of such services?

Cheers,

Aman

27128[/snapback]

Haanji, EVDO is an option available on the RD 6000. Strictly speaking it is not 3G.....only EVDV is a 3G option.

Reliance will not be launching EVDO till they get the extra carrier for it. TRAI is someway away from doing that. So for the time being enjoy the data rates availabe to u.

BTW, becoz of the brew platform, data transmission thro RD6000 is already optimised. FYI

Srini

hi everyone

I have a new lg rd6000 with a new connection. I was able to receive mms till a few days from yahoo the 91+phoneno@mms.ricmail.com way and the photographs looked amazing. But now I am no longer able to do so. I guess this is a native problem that once we get a new number we keep getting mms till we get some mms which cannot be retrieved(it gave an error on my set when I had receieved a 100 kb attachment which I had sent to myself.) and then the inbox becomes full and no mms can be received.[iT IS ALL GUESSWORK MIND YA]. I do not get any notification of any mms. The mms is also not shown on the web based mms checkup facility. There is no mms option in r world(it's obvious in rd6000).

I know many have faced the same problem before me but I want to know if anyone has found a solution???

I have a partial solution by the way. I am able to send mms from the web based mms facility.

PS: For those u who do not know the web based mms facility can be found at

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

and the username and password is the same as myrim phone no. and my rim password

Edited by yamanjain

and the username and password is the same as myrim phone no. and my rim password

doesnt work!

It allows to login and works, but shows:

Login failed. Please try again.

You are not subscribed to receive MMS services through the Portal.

Edited by Vishal Gupta

29593[/snapback]

Thnx! The link worked for me. I have a 6130. Infact, I even composed an MMS from there, attached a wallpaper n rt and sent it to my no. It reached my phone! :confuse:

worked for me as well ... I hope u guys have first registered at my rim if not maybe it works only with new registrations.(guessing) . Still I pray if anyone can find a solution to my problem. I am able to send mms to myself from the site but i am afraid that i am being charged (mail from yahoo to yourself is free) but now any mail from yahoo to my address is not being shown(actually it gets lost i do not get any intimation and it is not even shown on the site.)

Mind you first my problem happened and then I found this link while searching for the solution so the problem is not having origin in site.

DO NOT BUY RD6000

I bought that instrument. The service if th LG Service Center is BAD.

And the MMS feature doesnot exist in that instrument (After my 4th trip to the Web World they told me that). And you can't use the Deta Cable to dump your photos in to the PC.

i agree, also can't seem to save SMS & speed dial settings via pc sync...

DO NOT BUY RD6000

I bought that instrument. The service if th LG Service Center is BAD.

And the MMS feature doesnot exist in that instrument (After my 4th trip to the Web World they told me that). And you can't use the Deta Cable to dump your photos in to the PC.

29841[/snapback]

Dear Nellore, Please read the entire thread and you will find all the answers. The LG 6000 is a click and send phone, you can send mms directly to any reliance phone or any email id (yahoo works, gmail works, haven't checked other msps) from the phone itself.

You anc download all the photos to the pc with a data cable with the help of a software called bitpim.

Please atleast take pain to read what others have written before making stupid complaints.

For all its shortcomings, the LG 6000 is the best phone being offered by Reliance currently. The only one with a decent camera. The cameras of all the other phones **** esp. the 6130 and the nokias.

Dear Nellore, Please read the entire thread and you will find all the answers. The LG 6000 is a click and send phone, you can send mms directly to any reliance phone or any email id (yahoo works, gmail works, haven't checked other msps) from the phone itself.
but it does not recieve MMS what is the use of a one way MMS phone?
You anc download all the photos to the pc with a data cable with the help of a software called bitpim.

This is a method that great minds here on this forum have developed not provided by reliance and LG. As far as they are concerned they have provided an inaddequate phone and this is the case with 6130 as well. When they say MMS enabled why dont they tell that these phones do not recieve MMS from other phones ( though it can be done using the web)?

Isnt it wrong on the part of reliance and LG?

For all its shortcomings, the LG 6000 is the best phone being offered by Reliance currently. The only one with a decent camera. The cameras of all the other phones **** esp. the 6130 and the nokias.

I think 6130 has an equally good camera and so has 7230.

It has been said a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm writing 4000+ words right here then :grin:

vx6000-large.jpg

:quest:

vx6000-1.jpg

:P

vx6000-2.jpg

:D

vx6000-3.jpg

:P

Edited by Utsav

any idea where 1 can get its face plates in delhi? original are for around 1200 bucks.

many are available at e-bay but dat would be way out of my reach

Hi Guys,

I see from other posts that the RD 6130 is now available at around 6k. Has the price of RD 6000 gone down as well? I think it was introduced at 10k.

Aren't prices going down after the budget?

Not yet for RD 6000 !

I had gone to a web world express in bangalore yesterday. They said the price was 9800 but it wasnt available.