Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kunwar

Unable to connect Internet (WiFi also) / Mail / Market after Froyo 2.2 Upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have an Evo. I recently upgraded to FROYO 2.2 and I noticed that I could not connect to the internet or market even with wifi on. I then rolled back to 2.1 and every thing is fine. I am wondering if anybody else is facing the same problem or is it just me?? Also if anybody has found a fix for this.

Regards

Kunwar

I posted this post yesterday but it was on the wrong place. Hence again

Good day

Kunwar

There was a problem with Market yesterday and was fixed later. It must have been a temporary problem at Google. Its working fine as of now for me with Froyo on Incredible.

What procedure did you use for the upgrade?

• Like 1

YouTube fix. Google it.

YouTube fix. Google it.

Tried searching youtube. Link would help.

Thanks

Signin to YouTube using your gmail id. Go to accounts and sync. Now you should be able to sign in to Google.

There was a problem with Market yesterday and was fixed later. It must have been a temporary problem at Google. Its working fine as of now for me with Froyo on Incredible.

What procedure did you use for the upgrade?

I downloaded it directly on my phone via wifi. Do you think if I download it and copy it in my sd card and then install it the problem will be solved.

Thanks

Signin to YouTube using your gmail id. Go to accounts and sync. Now you should be able to sign in to Google.

@ Tanveer. Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand that it will solve the google problem but what about wifi will it solve that issue??

You see, I had downloaded it directly via wifi. You think if I download it save it on sdcard and then install it will the problem be solved.

Thanks

iam still facing the same problem as told by kunwar after i upgraded to froyo 2.2. my problem is still unsolved even after resetting my phone twice. :(

I have an Evo with latest Froyo update (3.29), Market works fine with Wifi...Though I have not provisioned the phone with data at the moment.

Btw, are you on a custom rom or stock rom ?

Edited by gaurangbhartia

iam still facing the same problem as told by kunwar after i upgraded to froyo 2.2. my problem is still unsolved even after resetting my phone twice. :(

Check this out. Looks like we are not the only ones.

http://www.androidcentral.com/update-coming-evo-4g-will-fix-gmail-sync-calendar-edits-and-maybe-more.

Check this out. Looks like we are not the only ones.

http://www.androidcentral.com/update-coming-evo-4g-will-fix-gmail-sync-calendar-edits-and-maybe-more.

If you are rooted there are a number of rooted Stock and costom roms for you to download.

you can try this fix to get the Market App working:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2d18c1ad06262499&hl=en

however, it only worked temporarily for me. after a few reboots of the phone, the was delinked again. mayeb you'll have better luck...

gjp