Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
thilak.kmb

Government bans all Bulk SMS / MMS temporarily?

This is really too much stupidity. I am not getting payee confirmation SMS from ICICI and I need to transfer money urgently. Always used to get it instantly. But not getting it now even after 5 tries of adding/deleting the payee.

• Thanks 1

This is really too much stupidity. I am not getting payee confirmation SMS from ICICI and I need to transfer money urgently. Always used to get it instantly. But not getting it now even after 5 tries of adding/deleting the payee.

According to http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/SMS-ban-Telcos-told-to-exempt-banks-airlines/articleshow/6623590.cms banks and airline services have been exempted from this blanket ban..

Edit: Just learn't that the telcos will not comply with this request.

Edited by ipkonfig

According to http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/SMS-ban-Telcos-told-to-exempt-banks-airlines/articleshow/6623590.cms banks and airline services have been exempted from this blanket ban..

Edit: Just learn't that the telcos will not comply with this request.

No its wrong i got msg from my bank KVB about the ban.

Edited by gmkarthikeyhan

probably they've just been sloppy, discarding all emails from their SMS gateway.

ICICI's sms are still blocked.

OTher services, like ebay are also affected.

[Was trying to register a new account yesterday... it requires SMS verification.]

Ban is in place till midnight today

^^^

Yes, looking at the peace all places , they decided to lift the ban. and now again we can send online SMS for FREE !!

They blocked even the NetSecure code SMS facility of internet banking! So, I could not do any online transaction for these days. It cost me a good amount of time on the bill payment and railway reservation queues.

How come a government think that banks will send bulk SMSs which are communally inclined? So exasperating!

How come a government thinks that banks will send bulk SMSs which are communally inclined? So exasperating!

Government people are incapable of thinking ! Its a big and tiring effort for them unless someone is paying for it. :Contento:

For this govt., bans are the solution to everything. Ban SMS, ban Blackberry, ban privacy, ban everything & no problems. dry.gif

Bank SMS for eg. are a safety measure, to enable fraudulent access/transactions quickly. Will the govt. compensate those who many incur loss this way?

Edited by raccoon

Ban extended till 4th Oct...

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Govt-extends-ban-on-bulk-SMSes-till-Oct-4/articleshow/6665080.cms

But I guess, Govt has allowed SMS for banks, I received a SMS from my bank

ban extended upto 1st oct read from dainik jagaran. But axis bank i connect is opening today.i think everything will ok tomorrow.

Damn!

no, the Telcos were just being sloppy and banning everything from SMS gateways.

For example, google SMS channels and ebay.

Let's see how it turns out tomorrow.

any idea when the ban will be lifted??

Notice put up on fullonsms.com -

-- NOTICE -- Fullonsms has stopped delivering SMS temporarily in lieu of Ayodhya verdict, As per Govt of India SMS service may resume by 05th Oct.

Note the words "may resume".

This is really atrocious! This Govt. is just nuts! cursing.gif

Next they will ban individual texing and even voice calls. Just awesome!

Edited by raccoon

today is oct 4. still ban not lifted.

this is truly irritating. not able to do a single online transaction as not able to receive validation code from bank. :cursing:

not able to do a single online transaction as not able to receive validation code from bank. :cursing:

same is with me.. :angry:

Should end today midnight

yes. finally. :blink:

The Centre has decided to withdraw the ban on the services of bulk SMSes and MMSes imposed till Monday night as the country has remained peaceful after the verdict on the Ayodhya title suit.

The ban on bulk SMSes and MMSes, to check any propaganda post Ayodhya verdict, was first imposed on September 22 which was later extended till Monday night, official sources said.

The Centre also decided to withdraw paramilitary forces kept in alert in various parts of the country as the country remained peaceful even four days after the Allahabad High Court order.

The 5,200 paramilitary force personnel sent to Uttar Pradesh is being withdrawn phase-wise and some of them are being sent to poll-bound Bihar for deployment in election duties.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Govt-withdraws-ban-on-bulk-SMS--MMS/692488/

not able to do a single online transaction as not able to receive validation code from bank. :cursing:

same is with me.. :angry:

but from 1st october onwards i am able to recieve by validation code from SBI online banking may be its a Govt Bank dats why...

I am still not receiving my HDFC Securities SMSes

But I am receiving HDFC security sms, transaction sms..and all !!! even i was able to send bulk sms all day !!

I am NOT getting transaction detail SMS from TMB, but SMS from KVB is coming from 1-Oct atleast...

ICICI credit sms came yesterday, again today they stop !

but getting ING vysya net baking SMS daily !