Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sajokj

The Commonwealth Games Mess

One thing is for sure, This time India will be number one in the medal tally. No doubt about that. All the leading athletes and sport person from the rest of the countries have either pulled out or planning to do so. So effectively we dont have any competitors and we are sure to be No.1.

Again our Sports Minister and our Kalmadi saab will start claiming to be behind all these success & "Being the pride of the Country" and announce cash awards so that the tax payers money is again looted. All these mess will be forgotten by us or some other big controversy will be cooked up with the help of media by the time.. One more enquiry by CBI and a commisson, then Supreme court verdict will be available by "2110". Biggest scam is the forming of commission and being a member of any commission is the best available job in India. All expenses paid trip and benefits from tax payers money..

guys i think now there is no time for criticizing bcoz we all know nothing is going to happen these bas***rd...

so again lets show our well known indian spirit just for our nation.... lets talk good about the game not bad... i m posting some pics of stadium and khel gaaon as media has not shown these a single time on tv bcoz they r worried abt their so called TRP not our nation....

33860469893228884731990.jpg61937469893173884731990.jpg

Edited by amit.shippie

Most of the pics are impressive, thanks Amit.

Edit - see the hockey stadium's picture (1st picture in above post) and you can see in the foreground there are still some seats not yet been installed. :(

:previous: They will probably complete that by the mid-night of October 2nd

the best way to respond against the corruption in CWG was to bycott the games.... a big protest all over the country was required and then our PM would hv realized the seriousness... now it is less than a week and then he took the charge..bloody b*****d politicians....mera khoon khaul jata h when i think of all this...thts why i want to think positive... u know tht footbridge which collappsed last week our militry made just in 72 hrs....

Edited by amit.shippie

anyway lets keep talking good... if u can publish these photos in ur blogs sites or any networking media it ll help in improving our spoild reputation...

62174469893778884731990.jpg

61322469893658884731990.jpg

61848469893508884731990.jpg

Edited by amit.shippie

One valid point is there is delay because when I visited Delhi somewhere in 2004 there was talk of planning for the CWG. But all said I AM HOPEFUL THAT EVERYTHING WILL GO SMOOTHLY AND THE GAMES WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

The CWG is a grand success as I hoped. When an event of this magnitude is planned something may go wrong somewhere. Ultimately what happens at the end only matters. It is only the media and the oversensitive people of ours who created all the fuss. Nevertheless it was useful.

Let us have the grace to congratulate the organisers. CONGRATS.

CWG game is yet another example of damaging power of media and how media misuse their power to defame our own country and government. There may be some gray areas in overall management of such mega event, but picture shows otherwise.

We are also one of those people who just give too much of importance to media and its reports. Without verifying credibility or genuineness of it. We are expert in criticizing governement - our own government for every thing. Be it CWG or Blackberry. Our government is ALWAYS WRONG.

It appears we Indians are our own enemies.

Aha... so after looking at the glamorous pics above, everyone (as expected) has started to forget the massive corruption associated with the event?   :NOTriste:

you are right mr. kshah but our govt. got a lot of time for organising CWG but they were sleeping. they just wokeup 6-8 months ago. and you just cant refuse to the huge corruption included in all this. Media people are always like this they always create fuss and makes it bigger and bigger but every thing they showed was not wrong we here in delhi have faced many prob due to CWG. if the govt. had made the arrangments at right time and right way nothing would have gone wrong.

however CWG has completed sucessfully and thats the most imp point here.

and the govt. will remain like this sleeping :sleep3: , sleeping :sleep3: and sleeping :sleep3: till the last minute. :sleep3:

This is what happens in India. Everybody forgets including media once the headline news are over. Before the games opening, govt. did not want to investigate saying India's pride is involved, let the games be over. Now the impending visit of Obama in November gives govt. one more reason to invoke that stupid pride of India theory. Where is that pride when more than 2 Lac farmers have committed suicide for as paltry debts as 10k?

This blog entry on Times of India is worth reading. I declare the games shut. Let the audit begin. http://blogs.timesof...he-audits-begin

:previous: Good article. If only it would be acted upon. Public memory is indeed short lived and very easily distracted.... Edited by raccoon

This is what happens in India. Everybody forgets including media once the headline news are over. Before the games opening, govt. did not want to investigate saying India's pride is involved, let the games be over. Now the impending visit of Obama in November gives govt. one more reason to invoke that stupid pride of India theory. Where is that pride when more than 2 Lac farmers have committed suicide for as paltry debts as 10k?

This blog entry on Times of India is worth reading. I declare the games shut. Let the audit begin. http://blogs.timesof...he-audits-begin

I beg to differ from the blog because of its finding- fault- with- every thing nature. We are as I said more interested in sensational media or digging up the grave. There is something called "REALITY". There is no escape from it.

This is India. We have to accept our people's nature/behavior. And I don't think it is very different from others.

LET US BE PROUD OF WHATEVER LITTLE WE ACHIEVE.