Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gyanesh

Reliance GSM In New Delhi

Dear all,

Hi,

I have just joined this forum and do not know much about the forum, hence there may be some mistake how and where to start a new post/topic.Yoy all are requested to help me.

Actually i want a new post paid RGSM connection as a main number for my personal use apart from my company's corporate connection which is a vodafone connection.

I have never used RGSM in Delhi/Ghaziabad but had heard how horrible it was some 8-9 months before.

I want to know has the situation improved since then from the members using RGSM in Delhi ? And that too can some one rely fully upon the Reliance as having its a main number ? Or should i go for cdma ? I have noticed in cdma, signal varies too much and especially in night after 11/12 pm to morning 5/6 am.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum mate. I myself do not have much experience with RGSM, but I am sure someone will surely come forward to help you soon.

Though I am not from Delhi, I have travelled few times from airport to ghaziabad. The signal is pretty bad with low/no network signal in some places enroute.

Also, the signal keeps on fluctuating during the conversation which will further drain the battery. The signal also becomes weak inside the buildings.

Dear you are right that the 8-9 months ago RGSM network in delhi was really horrible, but i can assure you that it is much much better now a days, i am using RGSM NO since it was launched at that time it was not dat easy to make or recieve calls on RGSM bt if it was 10% at that time then i must say it has improved to 85-90% at present, even indoor coverage is much much better, Now i hardly face any problem on incoming or making outgoing call from RGSM (very rarely problem is there ). few places you might face network problem, and i think that will be with every operator here or there. BUT still i will suggest you for even better option you should go for RCDMA . I m using RCDMA in DELHI for 5 years and never faced any problem regarding connectivity or network.( again same thing very few places netwrk might be very low and that is with every operator some places or other) .

Hope it will help you.

RGSM better than before but still need improvement .

i will also suggest you RCDMA instead of RGSM. Network coverage of RCDMA is much better than RGSM. I m using both for a long time and will preffer cdma part. Just a suggestion choice is yours...

Thanks guys for suggestions,

I did an experiment. Just bought a RGSM connection. Though signal strngth is almost in full but voice breaks frequently and sometimes it is not clear too.

I also used a CDMA pnone of my friend. It reminded me old days of land-line phones when i heard " all lines are busy" when called to Lucknow & Bareilly. And the call could connect after 8-9 attempts.

Friends, i basically need a post-pay connection with cheap STD rates and obviously with minimum monthly rent.

Is there any better options ? I could find only Reliance which suits my need.

I have a Micromax mobile and want to know why the internet is not working. I have subscribed to Reliance GPRS service but there seems to be some setting in the Micromax Q2 which needs to be changed.

Although I can use the MSN and Yahoo messengers which are preconfigured in the mobile, but not the browser. I bought this mobile from the following online website.

Micromax Q2

RGSM is as horrible as before in NCR. 60% of the day one is not able to place calls. Call drop rate also is over 50%.

don't go for RGSM.

Get RCDMA. And Samsung B559 handset. The best battery backup in town yet costing only 2k.

There are several Dual SIM handsets if you don't want to carry two handsets.

^^^

He needs a connection with cheap STD rates and with minimum monthly rent, not the costliest one.

^^^

He needs a connection with cheap STD rates and with minimum monthly rent, not the costliest one.

I have left the idea of post-pay Reliance for now. Currently using post-pay Voda as my primary number and R-CDMA prepaid for cheap STD calls.

Any significant improvement in R-GSM service in Delhi/NCR after MNP ?????

Nope.. RGSM is still the same horrible network. That is also evident from the MNP numbers. RGSM has maximum port-outs.

Seems Anil has plans to sell it and that's why not investing to improve it.