Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

BSNL & Uninor as 2nd & 3rd Best Performers Of August 2010

Subscriber Additions And Statistics For The Month Of August

Subscriber base data as on 31st August 2010.

Bharti(Airtel) --> 3,196,287(WI) + 141,251,288(WL) = 144447575

Reliance --> 1,200,754(WI) + 115,325,053(WL) = 116525807

Vodafone --> 113,774,409(WL) = 113774409

MTNL+BSNL --> 3,474,389(MTNL-WI) + 5,283,038(MTNL-WL) + 26452942(BSNL-WI) + 76,037,098(BSNL-WL) = 111247467

TATA --> 1,223,267(WI) + 76,943,342(WL) = 78166609

IDEA --> 72,735,921(WL) = 72735921

Aircel --> 44,906,679(WL) = 44906679

WI --> Wireline

WL --> Wireless

The leaders in the subscriber additions for the month of August are Vodafone, PSUs(BSNL+MTNL), Unitech, TATA, Airtel, Reliance, Idea and Aircel in that order.

The overall teledensity is at 59.63

source:: http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/PressReleases/767/August_Press_release.pdf

Key Changes

1) BSNL(as 2nd) and Uninor(as 3rd) performance is outstanding.

2) Looks like BSNL's 3G & Uninor's per second billing is gaining traction

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Let us hope this is turn around month for BSNL

Forecast for month of September

1) Teledensity will reach 60%

Edited by kesav

3G for BSNL and 24x7 dynamic discount on 1sec/1p for Uninor did the trick :D And this reinforces my earlier comments that we should not completely write off BSNL.

:previous:

Not only that, BSNL also gave FREE 3G SIM cards (to high value LandLine users) and 2G SIM (to anybody with proof even without LL or any BSNL connections) cards in Telephone Exchanges, saying "INDEPENDENCE DAY offer :Riendo: " throughout August..

In the month of September also we can expect great number of additions from BSNL.. Since now BSNL giving FREE SIM to LANDLINE customers (Prepaid as well as Postpaid, as per choice of customer) in which UNLIMITED FREE calls from mobile to that Landline was allowed (NOT for LL to mobile) for LIFETIME without any STV or rent or anything... The name of the scheme is "BSNL HOME UNLIMITED plan" and source is here..

But, what to do... With the current condition of BSNL, the SIM cards are worth for giving away as FREE only... This is the only way to avoid going behind Idea at least, in Total subscribers figure...

BSNL sux here in Sivakasi (TN)... BSNL is using some special and amazing + mind-blowing technology in cellone service... At first the network strength will be FULL (7 bars), when you type a number press the call key, the number of bars will reduce suddenly to two or one.. Your call may NOT connect saying "Connection error" or "Network Busy".. If connected, the voice will be NEITHER clear NOR loud and number of bars will be ZERO and call will disconnect very shortly.. After the call gets disconnected, the signal bars will again reach FULL (7 bars) :rofl_200: .. Amazing isn't it???

To check the voice quality (that doesn't exists really) of BSNL mobile, just try to tell a 16-digit number to anyone by BSNL mobile and TATA_Indicom/RCdma or any GSM operator (EXCEPT RGSM) for comparison.. When calling from BSNL, the hearing party will definitely note it wrong :Contento: or needs to be told thrice..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE, ONE REQUEST to KESAV Bhai..

Please Use LL (LandLine) to show WIRE-LINE info and MOB (Mobile) for wireless, as Wl and WL are confusing imho...

Thanks..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I couldnt agree with you more. No sane person would spend even a single paise of his hard earned money towards buying a BSNL mobile (at least here in Bangalore) and if it is free, then it is a different thing because after all BEGGARS CANNOT BE CHOOSERS and we learn to live with it.

BSNL is getting worse day by day in Bnagalore. I had actually thought that after allotment of 3G spectrum BSNL is going to be at a great advantage compared to the exuisting GSM operators but in vain!!!!!!!!!

Thats why they say even if you are born with a silver spoon in mouth, at the time of death you may have a rusted spoon if you dont know to change acording to circumstances

We have our share of BSNL loyalists here in Kerala :P But my relation with them is limited to broadband alone.

I think Uninor will be among the first to sell out once consolidation begins in the market. Their ARPU is among the lowest and recently there were reports that the parent company, Telenor is pissed off with the Indian operations :o they must have hoped to fill their kitty with money just like Vodafone does here. Uninor denied such reports btw :)

previous.gif Thats right, but the news after that was that Uninor has decided to stay. The Norwegian govt. also wants that. Its nice to know Uninor is doing well (at least in subscriber addition). Uninor has amazing voice clarity here despite being the newest operator. BSNL despite being the oldest is... well, you know. GirandoOjos.gif What is more amazing is how they are able to retain a single subscriber on their pathetic network. I guess Indians are so tolerant, they can put up with anything. If it was otherwise, their mobile service should have shut ages ago (at least in Poona/Mah). Edited by raccoon

In Pune I heard about Uninor. It is doing well.

In Pune even BSNL is better than RGSM.

Fluctuations in RGSM is amazing. At my home, if I am at one corner of hall, signal strength will be good , if move just one meter from one corner, signal will become zere. Greatest voice clarity .If you get any marketing calls once, they never call you back. :)

previous.gif Thats right, but the news after that was that Uninor has decided to stay. The Norwegian govt. also wants that. Its nice to know Uninor is doing well (at least in subscriber addition). Uninor has amazing voice clarity here despite being the newest operator. BSNL despite being the oldest is... well, you know. GirandoOjos.gif What is more amazing is how they are able to retain a single subscriber on their pathetic network. I guess Indians are so tolerant, they can put up with anything. If it was otherwise, their mobile service should have shut ages ago (at least in Poona/Mah).