Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Laptop Buying Advice

Hi Guys,

Finally went ahead and purchased today.

I purchased Toshiba L640 M4010. Currently typing on it! :)

So it turns out Toshiba has stopped supplying M4010 and M4310 models, as I had a very hard time locating dealers who had these models. I finally found it from a dealer who's known to my elder brother. He too didn't have the 4310 model. So I purchased L640 M4010 at a total cost of Rs 25,500 including all taxes! That's a rate you can't beat, and it was due to my brother knowing the dealer well. L640-X4310 was at Rs 39000 and I saw no point in shelling out 14K more just for the sake of Intel. The configuration in this thing is brilliant at this unbeatable price. Once again, many thanks to Rajan bhai for the info.

I am looking for a second laptop to keep at home as the desktop is acting up. It will be used sparely and by parents for light browsing so no need of snazzy specifications, mobility is not a big requisite however am looking for a laptop as it occupies less space.

My budget is around 10-11K, the lesser the better to be honest, and in this budget I can find only netbooks which I do not want due to smaller display. Please can someone recommend any medium featured laptop around/near this price. Thanks.

No chance of a new laptop at 10-11K...You can look for Second Hand...May be a Low Spec One...

But if all you need is light browsing, Why not look for those Chinese Tablets with Wi-Fi...Starts From 7K

Hi Guys,

Finally went ahead and purchased today.

I purchased Toshiba L640 M4010. Currently typing on it! :)

So it turns out Toshiba has stopped supplying M4010 and M4310 models, as I had a very hard time locating dealers who had these models. I finally found it from a dealer who's known to my elder brother. He too didn't have the 4310 model. So I purchased L640 M4010 at a total cost of Rs 25,500 including all taxes! That's a rate you can't beat, and it was due to my brother knowing the dealer well. L640-X4310 was at Rs 39000 and I saw no point in shelling out 14K more just for the sake of Intel. The configuration in this thing is brilliant at this unbeatable price. Once again, many thanks to Rajan bhai for the info.

You got a very good deal for a Toshiba Quality Product..Enjoy..

No chance of a new laptop at 10-11K...You can look for Second Hand...May be a Low Spec One...

But if all you need is light browsing, Why not look for those Chinese Tablets with Wi-Fi...Starts From 7K

True but my budget is low simply because it will be used by my parent for some occasional surfing/printing documents etc. My home PC is outdated and renovating it would cost 5-6K so better to have an ultra low cost laptop.

For 15K mark I am able to find very low spec new laptop online but wanted to check with you all if anything lower than that is there. Tablet does not make sense for reason mentioned above.

guys, my brother is in Dubai and want to buy a laptop.. following options are available:

pls see the atached image for the config.

pls advice. the basic use, net, office and other office related stuff. Movies also.. it will be used by my brother. currently he is using Acer 4750.

post-12510-0-05634500-1297100349_thumb.j

Edited by csmart

HP DV6 3310 looks better among the 3 you listed because...

HP DV6 3110 has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 dedicated graphic card...Dell-shared memory

500GB Hard Disk...That is also 7200 rpm...Dell has 320GB..5400 rpm..

4 GB RAM...1 GB More than the other two Dell..

Processor is i5 in one of the Dell and i3 in HP DV6 3110...But won't make a diffrence going by the usage mentioned as well as HP having dedicated graphics card.

Warning: The basis of my recommendation is HP Official Middle East website http://h10010.www1.h...54-4247579.html and for Dell Spec, this page http://nahel.com/com...home-basic.html

HI

My Brother going to Buy Mini Laptop

Please suggest best one.

Budget -- 15 k to 18 k

Dell , HP , Acer etc.....

:help:

You can consider Asus Eee PC 1215B. Just launching in India at MRP of Rs 17,999 & good value for money for...

-AMD's latest Fusion APU C-50 Dual Core CPU

-12.1" Screen Size

-Full HD Playback

-2GB RAM & 250 GB Hard Disk

-Rest All Normal Features.

Spec http://www.asus.com/...1215B/#overview (Note: Some of the other Spec is different in Model for India. Like No OS or USB 3.0. Should check before buying)

You can consider Asus Eee PC 1215B. Just launching in India at MRP of17,999 & good value for money for...

-AMD's latest Fusion APU C-50 Dual Core CPU

-12.1" Screen Size

-Full HD Playback

-2GB RAM & 250 GB Hard Disk

-Rest All Normal Features.

Spec http://www.asus.com/...1215B/#overview (Note: Some of the other Spec is different in Model for India. Like No OS or USB 3.0. Should check before buying)

^^^ Can you please share where it is/will be available. Could not find 1215B anywhere. Also are there any significant differences between this one & the 1215T? Thanks!!

Asus just launched it. May take few days for stock to reach channels. Check with Asus Distributor/Major Computer Market.

Asus 1215T is with Normal AMD Athlon K125 1.7 Ghz Processor, RS880M Chipset & with embedded graphics 4250. This is basically a scaled down normal laptop processor/chipset with greater power consumption. The graphics chipset is older & not on the same die.

Asus 1215B Chipset is from a new platform designed by AMD with CPU & Graphics Core on a single die with extremely low power requirements, enhanced graphics With the embedded ATI Radeon® HD 6250/6310 graphics (DirectX 11) & intended as a Value for Money but sufficiently powerful, feature rich netbooks/notebooks with long battery life.

• Like 1

Asus just launched it. May take few days for stock to reach channels. Check with Asus Distributor/Major Computer Market.

Asus 1215T is with Normal AMD Athlon K125 1.7 Ghz Processor, RS880M Chipset & with embedded graphics 4250. This is basically a scaled down normal laptop processor/chipset with greater power consumption. The graphics chipset is older & not on the same die.

Asus 1215B Chipset is from a new platform designed by AMD with CPU & Graphics Core on a single die with extremely low power requirements, enhanced graphics With the embedded ATI Radeon® HD 6250/6310 graphics (DirectX 11) & intended as a Value for Money but sufficiently powerful, feature rich netbooks/notebooks with long battery life.

Wow!! Then considering the fact that the 1215T retails for around 19.7k, this one is a steal. Better equipment at a lower price. Worth waiting for. Thanks for the info.

i was using 1215T

I feel very greT PRODUCT,,

bUT I HAD BUYED AT 21.5k

by looking specification of 1215B

One can surely go for it at steal price of 18k.

ASUS's 12" laptop series will make this brand leader.

Bought one more Toshiba Laptop yesterday Model C660-P5012 specs here - http://www.toshiba-india.com/laptop/satellite-c660.html

Intel dual core, 2 GB Ram, 320GB Hard Disk, 15.6" HD LED Screen @ 22500/- inclusive of everything, carry case and free optical mouse

• Like 1

previous.gif Great Buy, Super Value yahoo.gif Edited by rajanmehta

hi guys

I am to buy a laptop with these specs:

Intel i3 processor (min 2.2 GHz),

DDR3 RAM (min 3GB),

min 500GB HDD,

14/15.6" screen,

dedicated graphics card of min 512MB (1GB is prefered),

HDMI port & other general stuffs like 3 usb ports, WLAN, Bluetooth, DVD RW.

Budget is 30K -35K.

No Win7 required.

Rura go here ur wish answered

@rudradeep

If you insist on a dedicated graphics card take this HP Laptop at Rs 33,990 http://cgi.ebay.in/w...em=300558257650

It has everything you want + More Intel® Core™ i5-460M & 4 GB Ram

But i suggest drop the dedicated graphic idea & take ASUS P52F at Rs 24,990 in the link given in Irresistable Deals mentioned in previous post. It's a killer deal.

Edited by rajanmehta

My local HP store is offering AMD based HP CQ41-221AU (Specification) @ 27000. Would it be a good deal?

@commonman

Not a Good Deal.. You can get MSI A6200 Intel Core i3 laptop for Rs 22,900 here http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__230980

@amitnsonu

It's good if you want 13" size only. Otherwise consider MSI A5000 for Rs 16,990 and save Rs 4,000 here http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__230980

will feel good if you guys like it

It's good if you want 13" size

Guess it's for laptop.....so Amit there are better options than msi go for them, look for Dell value for money.

@rajanmehta

thanks. but not very comfortable with e-bay for high value purchases.

Bought one more Toshiba Laptop yesterday Model C660-P5012 specs here - http://www.toshiba-india.com/laptop/satellite-c660.html

Intel dual core, 2 GB Ram, 320GB Hard Disk, 15.6" HD LED Screen @ 22500/- inclusive of everything, carry case and free optical mouse

Is it available at this price in Delhi? If required, can obtain from Meerut also, got colleague living there.

Edited by commonman

:previous:

If you are interested in Toshiba C660-P5012, it is available for Rs 20,780 on Flipkart http://www.flipkart....omcv7nuppv33wwj (There is an option of paying cash on delivery there..)

Additionally consider one more Toshiba Model Satellite C660-I5012. http://www.toshiba-i...ite-c660-1.html

Core i3-380M Processor, 15.6" LED, 2GB Ram, 320 GB HDD, ATI 512 MB Dedicated graphic card.

MRP is Rs 26,990. I would consider this a superb value for money price for the specs & toshiba quality..

@commonman - if you wish to buy in a shop, best would be to go to Nehru Place and on 1st floor there are dedicated laptop shops like Computer Empire and Cost to Cost Computers where you will be able to get at a price even lower than the online prices; I didnt have time and hence purchased at Meerut at a higher price. With Toshiba its complete peace of mind as I have been using one more piece for more than 6 months now....

@commonman toshiba is really good brand. their laptops are rugged. they are not famous in India as they ar not marketing aggressively. I am using Toshiba for more than 4 years now and do not have any problem.

Edited by csmart

@rajanmehta @dkaile @csmart

Thanks

Edited by commonman