Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Laptop Buying Advice

We were in Dubai in April. My son bought a HD Digicam from Panasonic. The dealer was quite clear that the warranty will only be valid in India for 3 months. After that to get the rest of the year you may have to fight Panasonic.

Hi Guys,

I need a laptop urgently, require it with the following purpose :

• Lots of work with images, storage + editing.
  • Rough and tough, till now I have used HP and IBM commercial series laptops and have got used to using laptops very roughly, the laptops that i see in any retail store today are all very plasticky plus looks are more important to them than the material.
  • core i3 or i5 won't matter.
  • Not expecting great battery life, decent will do.
  • I am looking for a slim model, and preferably 13 or 14 inches.

Please provide your valuable suggestions with or without deals. I am badly confused! :sos:

Thanks

^^ ur budget ?

Hi Guys,

• Rough and tough, till now I have used HP and IBM commercial series laptops and have got used to using laptops very roughly, the laptops that i see in any retail store today are all very plasticky plus looks are more important to them than the material.

Please provide your valuable suggestions with or without deals. I am badly confused! :sos:

Thanks

Recently ( 1 week back) I have bought

Samsung NP300V5A-A02US Core I5 2nd Generation Laptop

from ebay.in It is one of the best product in laptop i hv come across so far. 8 gb ram, i5, 640 gb hard disc & many such things. Bought @ 30k from ebay.in

It is really, good But for photo editing & stuff like that you need to read reviews of the same for from net. But, other than no graphic card, it will meet all your requirement.

Edited by silent_god

:previous: it should meet photo editing requirements with that much RAM and processor unless mohterboard is really messed up...

May I suggest a couple:

Toshiba 4013 (14", i5, 4GB, 500GB, no OS). About 32k

Asus K53SV (15", i7, 8GB, 2GB video, 750GB, no OS). About 48k

Toshiba are rightly considered as the Mercedes of Laptops!

Edited by sgiitk

No hdmi in the toshiba

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Surprizigly, urgency is not visible. :doh:

Hi Silent_God!

Urgency is still there but the laptop that you suggested, I could not find in retail here.

I found a Laptop by Dell insted which was very slim and with aluminium boday but the dealer here had just one last piece which was sold.

It is Dell Vostro V131, 13 inches, inbuilt battery, I3 2nd Gen. V.V slim and light weight model indeed.

On Dell website If i order I will not get the product before 7-10 days, Can any one please suggest any other online retailer who may send me the same in a quicker time!

THANKS!

Hi Silent_God!

Urgency is still there but the laptop that you suggested, I could not find in retail here.

I found a Laptop by Dell insted which was very slim and with aluminium boday but the dealer here had just one last piece which was sold.

It is Dell Vostro V131, 13 inches, inbuilt battery, I3 2nd Gen. V.V slim and light weight model indeed.

On Dell website If i order I will not get the product before 7-10 days, Can any one please suggest any other online retailer who may send me the same in a quicker time!

THANKS!

I already mentioned it it was from ebay.in & anyways, supplier has run out of stock, so don't think now it will be available ( I mean same product, similar may be available). Ebay.in has lots of offers on laptop since last few weeks.

http://deals.ebay.in/deals/laptops.html

or else, Rajan's few post on the subject can help you to decide..

No hdmi in the toshiba

Yes there is none. When we bought it in early November a set of 5.1 speakers from Philips was included as a freebie.

I personally think Toshiba is far more reliable than others. I have had enough problems with HP/Compaq (three units), Lenovo and Acer (two units)

Hi Guys,

One of my friend bought Dell Vostro 1540 in 30K directly from Dell showroom (Nehru place, New Delhi)

On Dell site specs are: Intel® Core™ i3-370M processor, Genuine Windows® 7 Professional SP1 32bit, 15.6", 2GB, 320 GB with price 33290

But he got 500 GB instead of 320 GB.

He paid less compared to online price, and got bigger HDD. How this is possible? AFAIK online price are less than showroom prices.

I am also planning one for me. I am also preferring Dell. and I am planning to buy from US/UK.

I dont know how much I will save from US buying, Worlwide warranty I think will remain as I read somewhere I have to call Dell CC and register the PC for India then they will transfer the warranty service to India region.

So Gurus pls advice me what should I do? Thanks in advance for ur valuable suggessions.

Spec I m looking :

i3

4gb

500 gb atleast

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Edited by akshmail

Thx Rajan ji for help.

But my question is: is there any issue if I buy it from US? I think it will cost lesser than which is showing in Dell/Us website.(25K around but this inculdes 320GB HD).

I have not got actual price from US as my friend is planning to go in next month.

Edited by akshmail

There is no problem in buying from us. just confirm if international warranty is available or not. Otherwise also it will not matter. Like all electronics, anything can go wrong if you are unlucky. Look for other brands also.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I need to buy a laptop for approx. 35K and major usage will be music, internet, watching movies etc. Please give me your valuable suggestions. Also, let me know a preferred place to buy it in Mumbai. Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Recently ( 1 week back) I have bought

Samsung NP300V5A-A02US Core I5 2nd Generation Laptop

from ebay.in It is one of the best product in laptop i hv come across so far. 8 gb ram, i5, 640 gb hard disc & many such things. Bought @ 30k from ebay.in

It is really, good But for photo editing & stuff like that you need to read reviews of the same for from net. But, other than no graphic card, it will meet all your requirement.

Can you comment on its screen quality?

Thanks

@bhumka for laptop in Mumbai, you can try at Lamington Road. There you will get the best deal and also need to bargain really hard.

For specs, i3 or i5 with 8GB RAM with graphic card. Graphic card required as you need to watch movie. 35k is decent budget and you will get many options.

For specs, i3 or i5 with 8GB RAM with graphic card. Graphic card required as you need to watch movie.

Seriously?

You don't need that much RAM, i5 processor or dedicated graphic card just to watch movies.

Even Pentium Dual Core / Atom with inbuilt graphic should do the job.

Even Pentium Dual Core / Atom with inbuilt graphic should do the job.

Good option. Sorry bumka..

I suggest all of us prospective buyers wait for ivy bridge roll out. It has far better inbuilt graphics (HD4000). It will e double benefits for us. Existing pricing will reduce to clear te stock. And ivy bridge better with launch at almost same price point.

@Rajan Sir/Chirag. Would you recommend any specific brand?

Toshiba

Dell

Lenovo

Acer (value for money)

Now many are using Samsung, but I personally don't have experience.

Sony is expensive.

I need to buy a laptop for approx. 35K and major usage will be music, internet, watching movies etc. Please give me your valuable suggestions. Also, let me know a preferred place to buy it in Mumbai. Thanks in advance

If only that's going to be usage, you can cut your budget in half and get the following. It should be enough.

Toshiba Satellite C665D-M5010(AMD Dual Core E-300-2GB-500GB-15.6''Inch) Laptop at Rs 18,941 >> http://www.homeshop1...50069/cid:3291/

Use GC No.GCPAPAV9PBC5 and get Rs. 2000/- Off during check out from the listed price of Rs 20,941 when you pay online.

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

Suggestions for a 12 inch laptop?

Amd or i3 processor?

Thanks