Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Laptop Buying Advice

What's your Budget? 50k-60k(including 2 year extended warranty i.e. 3 years warranty)

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/office apps

What size and weight considerations do you have? 14"

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? no

Any other considerations? this is for my relative , he wanted to buy a macbook but couldn't because of budget issues. So he wants something stylish.

And discrete graphics card is not required as no gaming would be done. It would save up on battery life and heat. And at least 4 gb ram is required.

and whatever laptop you suggest please mention the cost of the 2 year extended warranty too

Basically we are looking for a business laptop

ACI Launches Netbook For Rs 4,999, Intel Quad Core Ultraportable For Rs 26,999

Source

Specs Link:

ACi ICON 1100 Rs 4,999 Netbook >> http://www.aci-asia.com/products.asp

Bellisimma Quad Core Ultraportable with SSD Rs 26,999 Laptop >> http://www.aci-asia....llisima1100.asp

ACi Ethos 1100 Rs 9,999 Netbook >> http://www.aci-asia.com/ethos.asp

ACI has launched the ACi ICON 1100, a netbook that sells for Rs 4,999. Powered by a VIA chip, it comes with a 10.2 inch screen, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of storage, a 10/100 LAN port, 3 USB ports, a SD card reader, Webcam, Wi-Fi adapter (3G optional), HD audio and weighs in at 700 grams with the battery.

Hirji Patel, Managing Director, Allied Computers International (Asia) Ltd., said, “Ergonomics and proper usability of a laptop for the deprived segment is what we have focused on today in the ACi ICON model.”

ACI also launched an Intel Atom powered netbook with double the RAM and a 200 GB hard drive for Rs 9,999.

Also announced was an ultraportable priced at Rs 26,999 powered by a quad-core Intel CPU with a 13.3 inch display and 2 GB (upgradeable to 8 GB), a 128 GB SSD that weighs in at 1.55 kg with the battery.

Please suggest 13.3" laptop (with dvd burner). Should compatible with Windows XP Professional. (Preloaded OS Not required)

Budget around 25k.

13.3" is rare in India. There are limited models for that. Further many recent hardware does not support XP. You need to be careful and aks the vendor. If you are willing to change to win7 then check this Asus X54C-SX261D on Flipkart for Rs 24860/- so retail may be further less.

Right. 13.3" that too with DVD burner + Xp support and below 25K is rare.

@aalok

If you're looking for an ultra portable, check out Aci Bellisimma mentioned few post above.

At 26,999 MRP that's the best spec 13.3 Ultraportable you can get with intel quad core, 128 GB SSD drive but without DVD.

If you go for 14" and above, there will be many options.

thanks for the response chirag bhai & rajan kaka.. i can stretch my budget, but looking for something which is light weight and a complete machine (with optical drive).

had this HP notebook sometimes back and loved this (provided by the company i worked for, but had to return at the time of separation). I do not want to go in for preowned or seller refurbished one, like this.

15.6" is definitely no-no, can consider 14.1", if its light weight, but should be compatible with XP.

The ultra portable looks cool. But where can we buy one??? Any reviews about it?? They have not mentioned the intel processor model also.

am eying on Samsung NP300V3A-A02IN

Please help in finding any other online offer..

I really doubt if it is available any longer. The most recent laptops are now with 2nd Gen processors, be it iCore series or Dual core series. You can find this only if somebody has old stock. For light weight, you need to opt for Ultrabook which is expensive. All 14" & 15" will be ~2.5 kgs.

am eying on Samsung NP300V3A-A02IN

13.3" HD LED, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 640 GB HDD, DVD Burner, Support for Windows XP

Its available on Anytimeretail at Rs. 34242.60. Out of Stock at HS18, Infibeam.

Please help in finding any other online offer..

Upgraded version of that Samsung NP300V3A-A02IN, i.e., NP300V3A-A03IN with Core i3 (2nd Generation), 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD is listed on,

Snapdeal For Rs 30,499 >> http://www.snapdeal....ne-smoky/162235

BuyThePrice For Rs 33,288 >> http://www.buytheprice.com/shop-online-deal/samung-laptop-np300v3a-a03in__14925

• Like 1

^ many thanks rajan kaka.. firstly will hunt local stores for any other great deal, or else will buy from snapdeal.. :)

Hello all,

I saw ads about Sony vaio 14 inch core i3 second gen with 320 gb hard disk for 30000 Se14112ea something.

How's it ?

Worth buying??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful if you will be buying from Snapdeal. Try COD only if possible.

• Like 1

@Aalok also make sure you get XP as it is your main criteria

• Like 1

kaka - if i have to go for snapdeal, i'll definately go for COD.

chirag bhai - i do not require XP, as i do have licensed one.. All i wanted is driver support for Windows XP Professional, as many new machines are not compatible with XP.

can any one get me a alienware m14x laptop from us ? as in us we get a 200$giftcard or free xbox :w00t: if anyone could get me one , please pm me

Hi, looking for a light weight laptop for marketing team. Since mobility is de issue, it should be light. Budget max. 35k or so. No net books as their display is too small. Need 2...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Be careful if you will be buying from Snapdeal. Try COD only if possible.

second that

Hello everyone please suggest me a good laptop for students

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone please suggest me a good laptop for students

Asus X53U-SX181D at Rs 17,080 after Gift Coupon Code GC39P4UA81PE >> http://www.homeshop1...86181/cid:3291/

Specs >> http://in.asus.com/N.../X53U/#overview

• Like 1

@Dhiraj can you put small review for this? its 1Ghz so just wanted to know the performance and primary use..

Edited by csmart

Thanks Rajan Sir

+1 for you!