Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

hello,i was just reading your forum.....well, i am trying to connect r-connect thru bluetooth, unfortunately not able to connect, would sincerely request you to please show me step by step....would really appreciate the same...also would like to know whether rconnect works on win 98se....at home, i am using win 98 se and at office win xp....so please.....if you are from mumbai or maharashtra or goa can give u a calllllll.....regards, u1s2a3

i have used widcomm bluetooth software to conntect the phone through bluetooth... i use the default dialup settings in the software to use rconnect in the phone....

you can find more information about the widcomm bluetooth software on the below given site

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35927

this forum has all the details to install widcomm software and also the download location for the software.... if you still have problem to install then mail me at rb33@rediffmail.com will email you my phone number....

hope above information helps....

Guys guys guys....

This lack of RSurf worries me.... is there anyone here who's used a RIM LG/Samsung handset before? What other features are not there in the 6255?

i have purchased 6255 and was able to configure r connect through bluetooth....

the speeds are really good on these phone i get the steady speed of 16 kb/s... previously on my lg phone the speeds were not more then 10 kb/s.... this phone is really good...

if any one is having problem configuring the rconnect throiugh bluetooth then pl contact... i may be able to help...

36987[/snapback]

Hi,

Could you please send me the step by step proceedure to install and configure the 6255 to connect to RConnect thru Bluetooth.

Wish you would give a kind assistance. if you are from bangalore pls help me my number is 9342898264

Thanks,

Ravi

it would be a lot better if you post it once and for all then witing for every1 to ask you and reply seperately to all...

Guys guys guys....

This lack of RSurf worries me.... is there anyone here who's used a RIM LG/Samsung handset before? What other features are not there in the 6255?

37041[/snapback]

Yes Anujit R-Surf is not as good as LG 5130 which I had. I have used Samsung N191 then I bought LG 5130 after that Nokia 3205 and Now 6255. R-surf was the best in LG but rest all the other Useful features are in 6255. 3205 was also feature rich but not as good as Nokia 6255.

guys ive made up my mind to buy 6255.. can u pl advice where shud i take it from.. Mumbai or Pune.. any specific dealer to get the least price also wud like to know from where can i get the GSK card for minimum and whts the min price...

So no videos, no Rsurf... whatelse isnt available on this phone?

37034[/snapback]

Does it have Minibrowser or like with other Nokias this is also amputed by Reliance... if it doesn't that means on such a high end phone u can't open wap pages!

The phone supports video streaming but with no support of video over RWorld ( why! why! why!!! even N191 had it...when w'll get a full funtional nokia) I don't think this feature will ever be used...

Hope to see high end true reliance sets like lgs and samsungs ( UI is not everything i suppose)

Edited by RSumit

What about MMS? Is it possible or they have removed the option? IS the music player capable of playing stereo music?

Pl. someone reply.

Thanks.

regards,

mitul

I doubt if the direct MMS is available either.

I don't know if it's Nokia's cockiness or what that makes them give have baked things with RIM!

Its difficult to understand why they take so much effort to disable most of the features already available in the phone!

Isnt the price supposed to be constant everywhere? And probably cheaper at the wholesellers.

Anybody has contact details of wholesellers in Pune?

36000[/snapback]

Hey Guys,

Just bought the Nokia 6255.........for Rs12326 in Pune,

Rworld is not fully available(thats the worst part ! :( )

Wap is not available. Blue Tooth connectivity i'll chk tonight(common i just got it six hrs back)

Sound clarity is good........Radio connects nicely......

Video Qua;llity ok.......will inform abt the exps as i go ahead with it

-----Avi

Guys i bought the phone here @ bangalore for 12620 and now looking for a DKU2 cable, can some one guide me where i can buy a cheap cable that will work just fine. Is it okay to buy a cheap one?

Besides if any one want to know any detail lemme know. The fone rox the only down side i see are

Its bit fat and has an antenna.

Will try to logon to net once i get the cable. Rest waiting for haxors to find out more features of this set.

36125[/snapback]

Dunno if it might help you or not... but the local DKU-2 cable is available for around 400/- I had bought it from CMH Road. and it works absolutely fine. No hitches at all.. RConnect speed is superb, it connects @ 430.6 KBps

I doubt if the direct MMS is available either.

I don't know if it's Nokia's cockiness or what that makes them give have baked things with RIM!

Its difficult to understand why they take so much effort to disable most of the features already available in the phone!

37253[/snapback]

direct MMS in the phone works, i can easily send the sms form the phone... i can click the photo from camera and send it by the mms menu in the phone... there is no need to go in rworld

go for bluetooth donle instaed of cable. its the fastest. and no hassle of carrying cable. this handset is meant for bluetooth.u will get faster speed on it than cable

Speed will be 144 kbps no matter what you try! Thats CDMA1x 2000's limit! blue or white teeth really doesnt help!

What about MMS? Is it possible or they have removed the option? IS the music player capable of playing stereo music?

Pl. someone reply.

Thanks.

regards,

mitul

37251[/snapback]

Yes Mitul,

MMS is there directly ffrom the phone you do not even have to log in to R- world. But MMS is only to reliance R-World Capable phones. And about the Music player Yes it is Stereo if you listen it though Headset. Great MP3 Player. I have got 1 GB MMC card and it supports it. But it cannot read MP3 files more than 200. Alphabaticaly. So create folders and the play list.

What about MMS sent to this phone... does it open in MMS inbox of the phone ?

And email... how can I get mails on this phone... i'm sure webmail app on rworld wont work here and theres no wap too. does this phone have any mail(pop) clients in it?

Isn't there anyway of having wap on this phone... i go thru various docs, ebooks in chunks on my phone's wap browser other than normal surfing.

Edited by RSumit

Hey Guys,

Just bought the Nokia 6255.........for Rs12326 in Pune,

Rworld is not fully available(thats the worst part !  )

Wap is not available. Blue Tooth connectivity i'll chk tonight(common i just got it six hrs back)

Sound clarity is good........Radio connects nicely......

Video Qua;llity ok.......will inform abt the exps as i go ahead with it

-----Avi

Avi, can u let me know from where in Pune did u get for this price, as i too need one.. so it would be helpful to me on 9324705454... it will be great if u can just miss call me.. ill call back u... awaiting your response.

Kishore

Edited by kams19

i have purchased 6255 and was able to configure r connect through bluetooth....

the speeds are really good on these phone i get the steady speed of 16 kb/s... previously on my lg phone the speeds were not more then 10 kb/s.... this phone is really good...

if any one is having problem configuring the rconnect throiugh bluetooth then pl contact... i may be able to help...

36987[/snapback]

hi, i too have a nokia 6255, but unable to connect reconnect thru bluetooth....will be grateful if u can explain to me step by step....i really need your help...waiting for your reply. thanks a lot iqbal

go for bluetooth donle instaed of cable. its the fastest. and no hassle of carrying cable. this handset is meant for bluetooth.u will get faster speed on it than cable

37288[/snapback]

HI,

What is the cost of a Bluetooth dongle?

Is it just me that sees the phone getting switched off once in a while, while playing games etc?

Also i see out of network coverage signal, if i switch off and switch on again the connection signal strength shows upto max.

Please let me know if any of you face similar problem?