Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

I almost paid 15k for this fone (for my girl) ..... but since I had paid only 11 k first, and rest was to be paid later.... Anujit warned me to go thro the posts about the price here ... thank goodness .. at least I could save 4 k!

was going thro every other post except ones regarding 6255... coz I never felt too interested in a fone I did not have plans to see.... but when my special someone insisted ... I just got the fone without actually checking the details ...

well thank god (read Arun) for rimweb

Cheers

Ashok

Can every Nokia phone be charged with the same charger?

Also are the car chargers different for different Nokia phones or are they the same?

Can every Nokia phone be charged with the same charger?

Also are the car chargers different for different Nokia phones or are they the same?

39147[/snapback]

Yes you can charges any Nokia phone with same charges and same car charger

yup you can!

Hi as you can all see I'm now a proud owner of a 6255 too!!! Yipee Yahooo!!!

I want to know a couple of things:

1. How do I transfer my phonebook (its in csv format and I've also managed to dunk it in outlook) to my mobile? Using stupid Nokia Phone suite gives an error! Even though it detects the phone on BT... it just wont sync!

2. Using RConnect through a BT dongle I can PAIR the phone just fine. Windows adds a "standard modem over bluetooth link". Now when I try to query the phone or connect to the internet it gives a beep and error "bluetooth failed". Although after that the query works. For Internet it says failed and tries to dialup a second time but that fails too.

If I add AT+CRM=1 then the phone first beeps and says "bluetooth error" and then manages to connect after that.

It works fine once its connected to the internet. But why does it give this error and how can I fix it?

I think PC suite can sync it with Microsoft outlook.

You can have upload your CSV file in outlook and then sync it.

I did not try ti but i think it should work!

Couple of things.

Yes, the handset does warm up over time, but its hardly a problem. At these fantastic rates, i tend to talk a lot!!

The battery life is generally good, though that is always highly dependent on factors such as signal strength and bluetooth.

Syncing your contacts depends on which bluetooth drivers you are using. If you are using Widcomm/Bluesoliel, you should import your contacts into outlook first... ditto with the microsoft drivers. Its just the simplest way. Use the bluetooth menu options for this. I'm assuming your bluetooth dongle supports syncing. It most likely does. Confirm though.

Even though Nokia PC Suite lacks certain features 6255 users need, it's a wise thing to get the latest version. Get it from the Nokia site, not Reliance. Reliance is still handing out the older version.

R-Connect thru Bluetooth.... I've connected just fine thru both the Widcomm driver and the Windows XP driver. Anujit, I'm assuming you're using XP SP2, since you're using the microsoft driver. For me, modem initialization string of +CRM=1;+CSO=33 works. AT+CRM results in an error. Try deleting the AT from your string and see if that works better. The result will depend on whether Nokia PC suite has had a chance to alter your modem settings. No biggie.

Puneet:

Dude the 563 is still an AWESOME phone. And if anyone says otherwise I'll knock their teeth out. Dont you worry on that account!

LOL ! Anujit! what are u planning to do with ur A 563 , consider donating it to me ... else I might knock somethings off .. hehe ( dada giri)

Cheers

ashok

anujit donation lene ke liye hum be hein.

can we share some good animated gif images to be used as wallpaper in this phone?

All you guys fantasizing about me donating my 563. Yeah it will have to be another 20 foot flood in Bombay before I considering donating it to anyone!

However bids, and by bids I mean Rs. 10,000 and over are most welcome.

I just tried connectong my phone using USB DKU2 cable.

The phone was recognized and the phone memory appeared as removable memoru in my computer but Nokia PC suite could not find the phone.

The connection manager showed only bluetooth, infrared and serial cable options only!

can someone help?

It's working fine for me.

Infact I am able to sync outlook express contact list and to do list to my handset.

Download Rconnect 6255 driver (its actually dku2 driver) from relianceinfo.com and try installing it.

This may sound silly... but you have to check the DKU2 option for it to detect it. But in case you've already done that... I have no freakin idea!

I just tried connectong my phone using USB DKU2 cable.

The phone was recognized and the phone memory appeared as removable memoru in my computer but Nokia PC suite could not find the phone.

The connection manager showed only bluetooth, infrared and serial cable options only!

can someone help?

39338[/snapback]

MUKUL

I try to load games in Game folder with the help of Mobimb Mobile Browser but I do not find games loaded in Games folder in phone. It remains invisible. I've ensured to download only s40 games from s40nokia.tk website. Using oxygen phone manager also,it shows that games are loaded in the game folder. What could be the reason for invisible games?

Also in Mobimb Mobile Browser I do not find games (five no.s) that came as default with the mobile. Is so happening with you also?

Regards,