Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

MUKUL

I try to load games in Game folder with the help of Mobimb Mobile Browser but I do not find games loaded in Games folder in phone. It remains invisible. I've ensured to download only s40 games from s40nokia.tk website. Using oxygen phone manager also,it shows that games are loaded in the game folder. What could be the reason for invisible games?

Also in Mobimb Mobile Browser I do not find games (five no.s) that came as default with the mobile. Is so happening with you also?

Regards,

39350[/snapback]

Atul, it shouldnt be the case.... are you sure the game jar files are being loaded correctly without any errors?? is this the case with 1-2 games or all the games that you are trying to install. does it give any message when you drag and drop the jar file to the games folder?

Sometimes when u upload games, they r stored in Applications menu instead of Games.

So pld check whether the games r in Applications Menu?

Yeah buddy downloaded and played the games

The adventure island is the Jungle or Islander game we used to play in childhood days.

Johny crash is good too. Spent quite sometime playing those. Thanks a lot for sharing.

38339[/snapback]

Hi Tanveer,

Yesterday i tried to download games to my 6255 using the Nokia PC Suite,

but seems like Nokia PC Suite does not have access to the games folder so when i trasfered the games to my memory card its saying file format not supported. Same things happen with the ringtones.

I dont know anything abt Mobimedia, can u please send me a copy of this software at aviborse@gmail.com.....and also list the stepp by step procedure to download games.

Please do this since i'm really bored with the preinstalled games & i need some change now.

Also advice what is the cheapest rate of 1GB memory card,since i'm palnning to buy it, rates as per my contact is Rs 2750........please tell me if anyone can send me a MMC cheaper than this.

Thanks in advance,

-------Avi

Hey avi... go through all the forum posts and you will have all your queries answered for sure..

The mobimb software gives you drag and drop facility to install games.. you just need to drag a .jar file to the games folder of the phone and you have it installed.

This may sound silly... but you have to check the DKU2 option for it to detect it. But in case you've already done that... I have no freakin idea!

Thats what i am saying, I dont see that option in the connection manager.

There is an option for serial cable,BT, IR but not USB or DKU2.

Where do i have to check the DKU 2 option according to you?

Hey avi... go through all the forum posts and you will have all your queries answered for sure..

The mobimb software gives you drag and drop facility to install games.. you just need to drag a .jar file to the games folder of the phone and you have it installed.

39354[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice saikatmandal,

I'm a bit lazy.....so much reading ...... ;)

But i have read a lot of it now..will disturb u guys when i come across some prob....

thanks,

----Avi

Currently enjoying the power of Nokia 6255. Will post a detailed review later this week. Any person who is still in two minds regarding purchase of this model can call me for clarification, No. 9370182324.

Thanks.

Over and Out.

Regards,

Mitul

MUKUL

I try to load games in Game folder with the help of Mobimb Mobile Browser but I do not find games loaded in Games folder in phone. It remains invisible. I've ensured to download only s40 games from s40nokia.tk website. Using oxygen phone manager also,it shows that games are loaded in the game folder. What could be the reason for invisible games?

Also in Mobimb Mobile Browser I do not find games (five no.s) that came as default with the mobile. Is so happening with you also?

Regards,

39350[/snapback]

You can upload games and application (collections) only through Mobimb Mobile Browser. Once you get connected via IR or BlueTooth (preffered) you would see all the folders of your phone in the explorer Bar of the Mobimb Mobile Browser. Then copy the .jar file and paste it in the Games folder. It should work for sure. If not then try this with other .jar games and applications.

Hey Mukul any suggestions for my problem regarding DKU 2

I have a local DKU 2 cable , but the phone is recognized.

Only the Pc sync does not recognize it!

39372[/snapback]

Hi Tanveer, Which drivers are you Using? Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from the Nokia site. If it is still does not work then the problem is with your local USB cable. Orignal cables are bit expensive but they always work.

With my last phone which was Nokia 3205 I tried connecting it with Local DKU-5, the phone was recognized but did not work but with the orignal it did, So you can try with the Orignal Cable. Let me know cause I am also planning to buy one.

I downloaded the drivers from reliance site, i can try from Nokia site as well.

If he problem was with the cable, why would it recognize the phone and show the card memory in My Computer? Imean why this partial problem?

Price of DKU-2 cables especially around the Pune/Mumbai region would be most welcome!

I think tanveer was talking about PC Suite for Nokia phones.

Its available on Nokia site...

I'm so darn disappointed with this phone not having a single wap application.... even my lg2030 used to have a microbrowser (it ****ed, but it was still there, by some jatayu vendor)...

yeah i was talking about PC suite

The DKU2 issue.

Get the latest version of PC Suite from the Nokia website... relianceinfo.com is still handing out the old version. It's connection manager has more options.

By default (ie, without installing nokia pc suite), connecting the usb cable to the PC shows you the phone's MMC as removable memory, ie, the computer sees it as a new hard disk (or flash disk/pen drive.... etc). You can transfer any file you like here, but games can not be installed this way.

Your cable appears to be working... the issue is with pc suite not correctly identifying your connection methodology. pc suite contains the latest drivers for DKU2 as well. Just remember to disconnect the cable when installing.

If the issue still remains, let us know.

39372[/snapback]

Tanveer, though i am not a technical expert in this but i can share my experiance with you..

1- Attach DK2 to Nokia 6255

2- Massage comes on handset activate USB data transfer.

3- Select "NO"

4- later You will see a massage on your phone data enhanchment connected.

5- then brouse through your PC Suit, I think you must find it.

6- If you are still unable to find it, completaly Uninstall it from your PC and again install latest version of it (Please do not attach USB cable to your PC before instaling PC Suit.).

I think it must solve yout problem..

This may sound silly... but you have to check the DKU2 option for it to detect it. But in case you've already done that... I have no freakin idea!

Thats what i am saying, I dont see that option in the connection manager.

There is an option for serial cable,BT, IR but not USB or DKU2.

Where do i have to check the DKU 2 option according to you?

39356[/snapback]

Tanveer if you want to brouse your phone through PC suit then Select "NO" in your handset When masage comes activate usb data transfer. As far as connection manager is concern you dont need any driver for it, you just have PC suit instal on your pc, because dk2 is basicaly a serial cable enen you can attach your phone to any pc which has no driver no pc suit nothing just plug and ply (Operating sys must be win2000 and grater). That will install driver automaticaly and show your phone's memory card as removable drive.

Let me seggrigate it point wise.

1st option - When you connect your phoen through USB DKU2 cable - massage comes on your handset Activate USB Data Transfer and you select yes

***you will see your phones MMC as removable drive in My computer and you can transfer your data through windows explorer

***There no need of any driver any pc suit software for this because this plug and play when you select yes for Activate USB Data Transferwindows automaticaly install drivers just as pendrive.

2nd option - When you connect your phoen through USB DKU2 cable - massage comes on your handset Activate USB Data Transfer and you select No. then you will see a maasage on your phone that Data enhancment Connected.

***first install Cable driver from relianceinfo.com size 6.25MB, which is nothin but Modem driver for Nokia 6255. after that install PC Suit, then connect your phone to your pc using DKU2 and select No for Activate USB Data Transferon your phone.

You can call me if you have still any query 9370133261

Edited by clickrudra

Thanks a lot

I was selecting yes for data transfer!

And Mukul, the local cable is working for MobiMB and for R connectbut not for PC suite, But I dont think i need PC suite for anything

Edited by tanveer

You need PC Suite for contact mangement & syncing with Outlook. Thats of course IFF you use it for productivity rather than for just downloading games! And both can co-exist perfectly.

In fact I've seen that we can have more than one BT connection to the mobile simultaneously. While on RConnect (in active not dormant mode) I've downloaded files to my mobile using MobiMB!

Anyone has any idea how many devices can be connected together simulatenously? In which case the possibilities such as 1 phone 2 computers with internet or 2 phones and 1 computer (boosting the speed of the internet) can be used!

I am able to use Pc suite by blue tooth, but not by cable!

Everything else is fine!

Edited by tanveer