Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Guys is there any way to find weather the DKU-2 connection is USB 2 or the normal USB 1.1 version. Why I am asking this cause I have 1 GB MMC Card and when I transfer Music Albums it would take a lot of time via BlueTooth and a lot more than this with IR, So I use USB 2 Card reader and Writer, which is indeed a lot faster. I would only go for DKU 2 cable if it is as fast as USB 2 Reader/Writer.

Let me know Tanveer.

While USB 2.0 is 480 MBPS and 1.1 is 12 MBPS the limiting factor here might be your HDD and chip writer speed. So in the end you might not see too much difference between the two on smaller chips. Not sure about the larger 1-2 GB ones though.

USB 1.1 is very time consuming if the transfer of large data which could be more than 200 MB but atleast better than BlueTooth and IR.

New GSM Nokia phones which are in pipeline would be supporting USB2.

Tanveer:

Why dont you go to http://www.nokia.com/us can and download PC Suite 6.6 (First select the 6255 from the phones menu - and then go to it's software options).

6.6 supports USB & Serial DKU2 maybe the version on RIM's website just supports serial or something. Its worth a shot (download is around 25MB).

-----------------------------------------------------

Now an interesting question. I've just discovered I can MMS and E-mail directly from my 6255! :(:(:wacko:

My question is how do I recieve email replies, MMS (from non 6255 or LG 6130 etc handsets)!

------------------------------------------------------

Yeah any blue tooth headset should work. But Mukul would be the best person to confirm this.

thanks anujit buddy!

version 6.6 worked wonderfully with local cable.

Also i find that it has a better inetrface than the previous versions!

Yes Nokia 6255 Does support Jabra BlueTooth Head Set.

I have 2 Nokia HS-4W BlueTooth Headset and they work great with 6255. If anybody is interested I am ready to sell one for Rs. 3200. It's brand new.

Edited by Mukul

Yes Nokia 6255 Does support Jabra BlueTooth Head Set.

I have 2 Nokia HS-4W BlueTooth Headset and they work great with 6255. If anybody is interested I am ready to sell one for Rs. 3200. It's brand new.

39678[/snapback]

Hi i am interested can you please call me on 9312289231 and tell me about this handset

sundar

Sundar lots of 6255 owners have posted their numbers around here. Find them and PM them yourself and ask them when YOU can call them and then call them yourself!

Has anybody tried sending MMS with Nokia 6255, to LG or Samsung Phones with Full R-world Facility.

Mukul: I have. Works or so my friend said. Get a link to RWorld like regular sms on those phones.

But have you ever received any MMS from those phones?

Does anybody know about the Audio Cable ADE-2

This audio cable connects your Nokia 6255 phone to generic external audio systems enabling playing your MP3 music from external audio devices. I am trying to get this cable for a long time now but none of the Nokia showrooms have it.

i have recd MMS from 6130 perfect

dont know about the others

Mukul: I have. Works or so my friend said. Get a link to RWorld like regular sms on those phones.

But have you ever received any MMS from those phones?

39704[/snapback]

I have tried sending it to my self...works great but I have asked one of my friend from his 6255 the MMS got stuck at 92%. Since I do not know other people with 6255, we all can send MMS to each other, to try how does it works. If that's OK with you.

Guys i have also tried MMS and i am surprise i send mms (ringtone) to 30 people at a time and all were deliverd, yes i could have done this because i have got Reliance Demo handset which has all the mms and sms all india free. I can mail also from my handset to my mail id but i cant mail from pc to my handset for that i have to take help of Reliance mms portal, that works only for image audio and text.

No You can not listen to Radio through BlueTooth headset cause the normal wired Headset act as an antenna. If you have BlueTooth Headset enabled and you try to switch on the radio, there would be a warning message asking you to connect an enhancement. You also cannot attach a BlueTooth headset if your normal wired Headset is connected at that point of time. But you can listen to MP3 player through BlueTooth headset.

Can some one tell me if thier 6255 plays MP4??

Can we have a separate section for 6255 applications and games.. i suppose there is one.. but its has hardly in it..

Mukul any applications tht u find cool??

I managed to load opera mini on it. The application opened but of course I couldnt browse the web through wap. If any one can find a hack though.....

Can some one tell me if thier 6255 plays MP4??

Can we have a separate section for 6255 applications and games.. i suppose there is one.. but its has hardly in it..

Mukul any applications tht u find cool??

39889[/snapback]

NO. Nokia 6255 cannot play MP4 files. It is a different Codec, Which is not supported by Nokia 6255 at present.

Basic notepad & Pocket organizer are free sofwares which you can download from the Internet.

Ok guys,

Just thought i would share with you all.

This NCP 1GB MMC card that i bought works just fine with my nokia 6255.

I just got lotzz of my mp3 songs on it and the phone rocks man..... :lol::lol:

Its become like a jukebox now.trust me guys your money is valued with this phone. :):P;)

Pl ignore if this was earlier known. :grin:

Just hope these guys at Reliance enable more stuff on rworld for this phone n maybe add some graphical content.the text version is somewhat dissapointing. :confuse::confuse:

:help: Btw is there a possibility of installing a different mp3 player on the phone as the one thats there is a very basic one with not much options.maybe something cool as ultra mp3.has anyone heard of an mp3 player for this series?? :quest: pl share.

The 1 GB Card can hold more than 400 songs but can would show only 200 songs in the track list that too in an alphabatical order. So you can not play songs which are numbered after 200th song. This is the downside of the built in MP3 player of the Nokia 6255. So do not go for quantity but go for quality of the songs (128 KBPS).

No you cannot install install Ultra MP3 player for series 40 Phone.

thanx for the input mukul.

i did manage a workaround for this down side of the phone which i would love to share with all the music enthusiasts here.

Club as many songs you like together using any mp3 joiner utility and get the count to less than 200.In this way i am able to play more songs as the playlist will show only ther number of mp3 files which internally can contain more than one song(like ripping an entire cd into one single file) ;):confuse:

As for the ultra mp3 player i knew it cant be installed on the 6255 but just thought maybe there is some type of player floating around which can be installed on this phone. :):P

anyone??? :confuse::grin: