Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

I have a query... don't know where to post this ... here it goes..

What happens if I get a 6255 from the US.. Will it work here on RIM network.,...

I have checked and the network specs for the phone are 900/1800CDMA.

The reason I ask is that those phones in the US would most probably be configured to the CDMA operators there...

Will I be able to use the handset here??

40765[/snapback]

no, only hansets pre-programmed for reliance can work on reliance network.

Which files r u talking about?

Ringtones / wallpaers or applications files?

May be u were trying to delete default ringtones, u can't delete them.

40733[/snapback]

I tried deleting the jars which i copied from pc. I'm able to delete other stuff like

downloaded wallpapers and ringtones. And whatever jars i copy, mobimb shows the size as 0 kb ;)

One more thing that i found out (donno if its specific to my cell only): If i try to play the games immed after copying them to my phone, it works fine for the 1st time and then it greys out. And i'm not able to open or delete them either ;) . I have to restart the phone atleast once after installing any jars for them to function properly or to delete them. This has to be done b4 opening any newly installed jar.

So if somebody is facing the same issue, this is how you sould go about it.

Cheers.

CC:

I had trouble with Mobi 3.0.05 too. It gave a error box that said F2K2 or something like that every time I browsed a folder.

Mobi 2.5 works great though. No reboots no nuffin. Just drag'n drop jar files on the phone and play!

CrazyCalvin

I suggest you install MobiMB V2.5. I never faced any problems with it.

40818[/snapback]

Ya i guess this is the only soln...

Thanx Anujit and Mukul for your replies. ;)

Cheers

no, only hansets pre-programmed for reliance can work on reliance network.

40769[/snapback]

Thanks Pankaj for your reply...

There is a doubt here though..... if thats the case then how come handsets taken from Nokia showrooms work on reliance network (after taking the handset change card).

All Nokia CDMA Handsets sold by Nokia Showrooms in India are also pre-programmed for reliance to work on reliance network.

Hey guys i wonder if anyone tried FF or REWIND song on mp3 player, well if whenever u trying to FF the song change, isn't it ??

But using .ACC files its possible to rewind as well as FF.

Use up and down scroll keys.

Well, It works only when you are using the music player and not playing through the open gallery.

When in Music player, press the doen button long enough so that it is forwarded.

If you leave it before this specified time(i am not sure how mcuh) It will jump to the next song.

Also pusing the down button twice also jumps to the next song.

Doesnt work for MP3s. Now I need to convert my mp3 collection into damn AAC! Anyone knows of a good batch converter?

Also does the phone play MP3s of any bitrate? Anyone tried 320 kbps or more?

Thanks Mukul,

There is a device called USB Bridge with which u can connect two USB device without a pc or a USB OTG device wherein two USB device can talk each other, but i did not have any information that if we have such Card reader or not and u confirm that we do not have that as of yet.

Anujit u can convert your whole collection into AAC using Itunes. But encoding from ur Mp3 will not enhance its quality just it will shrik its size (depending upon the bit rate u convert).

I do not have any problems with MP3 encoded files. I wish Nokia 6255 could play WMA as well. I have more than 10,000 Music files (English & Hindi). I can not encode them again to AAC. Where as AAC files are not so popular in India.

Thanks Mukul,

There is a device called USB Bridge with which u can connect two USB device without a pc or a USB OTG device wherein two USB device can talk each other, but i did not have any information that if we have such Card reader or not and u confirm that we do not have that as of yet.

Anujit u can convert your whole collection into AAC using Itunes. But encoding from ur Mp3 will not enhance its quality just it will shrik its size (depending upon the bit rate u convert).

41023[/snapback]

Rupchatterjee,

USB Bridge is a totally different product. We are discussing about To MultiMedia cards to interact with each other. If there is such product available please let me know cause I am not aware about it. :P

I do not have any problems with MP3 encoded files. I wish Nokia 6255 could play WMA as well. I have more than 10,000 Music files (English & Hindi). I can not encode them again to AAC. Where as AAC files are not so popular in India.

41028[/snapback]

By problem I mean I cant Fast forward or rewind them!

Anujit You can RWD and FWD MP3. Just keep pressing Up or Down Cursors this works in my phone or use ITunes to convert your collection to AAC.

Mukul:

Couldn't ff or rw MP3s using the up/down keys. I'm opening the files through Music Player not MEDIA PLAYER. That shuold be the correct way right? And I press the UP/DOWN keys while I'm in the Music Player screen right?

Guys i have an interesting find in Nokia 6255, this handset has an option for call restriction, means you can restrict all the numbers or particular numbers for outgoing calls and same with incoming calls.

Get the handset insured first. I doubt whether nokia service center got spares for this new model.

Get the handset insured first. I doubt whether nokia service center got spares for this new model.

41263[/snapback]

No insurance company giving mobile insurance policy at this time.

Edited by Pankaj Verma

ok guys,

can anyone help me in finding a cover for the 6255 in mumbai ?? ;):(

Its not on ebay.I went everywhere Alfa,Heera pana,almost all the local shops n carts in fort,colaba even tried nokia and its distributors but no one has a cover for the phone :wacko: . everyone just admires the phone,asks questions about the price and features and say NO they dont hv anything for such a phone.

all that people have to offer is some kind if a pouch for the belt which is NOT what i am looking for.I need a full cover for the phone.I travel a lot by public transport here in mumbai and it gets difficult to use the phone in all that sweat n dust n rains.

the thing is i like this phone so much that i dont want it to look any older than what it is now. :lol::lol::P

So please :help::help::help: if any1 i mean any1 who is in mumbai and know of some place where i can get my hands on one or can even sell me the cover via this forum do mesg me urgently i will contact you imm.

Help me people.

Mayur :):)

Hi Guys,

Can we save sms & mms from 6255 to PC. Since after archiving sms still there is a limit say after 40sms I m getting msg inbox full message. Dunt want to delete all those gud msg's. Ny software ny way out. Mukul had also asked the same. Try out guys, it wud be gud for all of us.

Regrds

Vishal

ok guys,

can anyone help me in finding a cover for the 6255 in mumbai ?? :confuse:   :confuse:

Its not on ebay.I went everywhere Alfa,Heera pana,almost all the local shops n carts in fort,colaba even tried nokia and its distributors but no one has a cover for the phone :wacko: . everyone just admires the phone,asks questions about the price and features and say NO they dont hv anything for such a phone.

all that people have to offer is some kind if a pouch for the belt which is NOT what i am looking for.I need a full cover for the phone.I travel a lot by public transport here in mumbai and it gets difficult to use the phone in all that sweat n dust n rains.

the thing is i like this phone so much that i dont want it to look any older than what it is now. :lol:   :lol:   :P

So please  :help:   :help:   :help: if any1 i mean any1 who is in mumbai and know of some place where i can get my hands on one or can even sell me the cover via this forum do mesg me urgently i will contact you imm.

Help me people.

Mayur :)   :)

41277[/snapback]

I am using the mobile phone cover of SonyEricsson Z600 which is perfectly fitting Nokia 6255. This cover is a detachable model not specific to Z600.