Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Gud job Vishal Bhai.... Lage raho

Cheers

Ashok

Saving SMSs is possible using oxigen phone manager. we cant FF MP3 files but ACC made by nokia MM player.

I hate nokia for not sharing sms memory with MMC.

Doesnt work for MP3s. Now I need to convert my mp3 collection into damn AAC! Anyone knows of a good batch converter?

Also does the phone play MP3s of any bitrate? Anyone tried 320 kbps or more?

41021[/snapback]

Nokia multimedia player is giving best out put of small file and good quality.

u can try IMtoo audio convertr also.

Mukul:

Couldn't ff or rw MP3s using the up/down keys. I'm opening the files through Music Player not MEDIA PLAYER. That shuold be the correct way right? And I press the UP/DOWN keys while I'm in the Music Player screen right?

41130[/snapback]

.aac files will allow u to FF and RR.

Guys i have an interesting find in Nokia 6255, this handset has an option for call restriction, means you can restrict all the numbers or particular numbers for outgoing calls and same with incoming calls.

41262[/snapback]

This option is old even N2280 got the same feature.

ok guys,

can anyone help me in finding a cover for the 6255 in mumbai ??   :angry:   :angry:

Its not on ebay.I went everywhere Alfa,Heera pana,almost all the local shops n carts in fort,colaba even tried nokia and its distributors but no one has a cover for the phone

41277[/snapback]

Try laminating it, u can get leather cover in dharavi leather market. but me personally will not suggest, me using it with just laminatiing.

Edited by Chirag

Munna can we SMS using oxigen phone manager? Which is the latest Version which works fine with Nokia 6255?

Guys i have an interesting find in Nokia 6255, this handset has an option for call restriction, means you can restrict all the numbers or particular numbers for outgoing calls and same with incoming calls.

41262[/snapback]

Clickrudra, This Features is given in the Handset Manual also. All Nokia New Models have this features.

Munna can we SMS using oxigen phone manager? Which is the latest Version which works fine with Nokia 6255?

41510[/snapback]

No buds there is no software exist till date to send SMS using PC for CDMA. its just to saving sms as we dont want to loose those cute SMSs :angry:

can some kind soul PM me the crack for oxigen?

me too.......

Hey Guys,

As i was facing problems opening the game menu (because of the popular bug in 6255 the phone was restarting every time i used to select the game menu), nokia care replaced my handset with a brand new handset.

Problem now is that i can not unlock the old MMC card on this new handset? Any pointers how i can unlock the MMC card?

thanks

nitro

liquidnitrogen, you can not unlock the old MMC card on this new handset because you must have accidently locked it with your old handset. You should remember the password to unlock it.

hey guys where is the 6255 hacks topic???

i searched but didnt find it...

Dear Liquid Nitrogen,

Im also facing the same problem of resetting of phone after I received mms. Dont Nokia CC have any flashing wayout of the virus from the phone. Do they charged u sumthing and wen did u get ur phone back i mean in how much time ??

Dear Liquid Nitrogen,

Im also facing the same problem of resetting of phone after I received mms. Dont Nokia CC have any flashing wayout of the virus from the phone. Do they charged u sumthing and wen did u get ur phone back i mean in how much time ??

42108[/snapback]

Man as being pointed on the forum this seems to be an odd bug. I talked to the nokia care center and they told they are receiving complaints every other day. We'd have to wait for a new firmware.

Well i was lucky enough that they (Nokia care center i.e.) analyzed the fone and gave me a new handset. Well i would suggest not to install any jar files for the time being. The more you will play with it the more you have chances of reproducing the bitchy bug.

BTW GUYS DIDJA NOTICE YOU CAN NOW CHECK YAHOO MAIL ON YOUR RWORLD???

Anybody could say what's the PPI(pixel per inch) for 6255's displays?

Are all nokia phones' PPI remain the same?

Kesav, here are the specifications for Nokia 6255 Display :----

Display Type: LCD (Color), Colors: 65,536 (16-bit), Size: 128 x 160 pixels, Platform 300 PPI(pixel per inch) RGB.

In low network areas nokia 6255 has signal catching problems but low end phones like nokia 2112 & great 3125 catches signals same time & Only 5% call drop problems compared to 6255.My house is in low signal area(sometimes very low).

LG phones dosent even complete a single call after updating all (mobile) software versions & service centre checkup.

So phones having signal problems are of no use with other fancy items.

Well I have not experienced any call drop till now, I do not feel that nokia 6255 has signal catching problems. I have used phones like Samsung N191, LG 5130, Nokia 3205 and Nokia 6255, out all Nokia 6255 is the the best.

i m in lo signal area & i compare in d same position & i hav used lg 5130,2230,6130 samsung slim sch191 & nk 2112,2280,3125,6255 but among that all lg & samsung hav signal problems & therefore call drops but i rate the best for signal & batry life nk 3125>2112>6255 ^_^

it is a final conclusion after log handsets list (i.e. so much money loss :( ) i hav personaly used

So Amit, dude, what you're saying is that you bought all the handsets one after another because the of signal problems! Anil A needs more men like you. :(

As for my experience the 6255 has pretty decent recption no better or worse than my previous Samsung 563. But with a better battery life. So I'd say in these terms the 6255 is a good phone.