Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Guys - Nokia/RIM might be finally listening to us.

They've released a lot of help/faqs/tutorials etc to simplify the internet/modem connectivity for the phone. http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/h..._nokia6255.html

Recommend we add a AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33 in the advanced options. I'm not sure if this will fix the disconnecting problem but lets see. While dialing out it still fails the first time!

I think they should come out with a simple installer like they have for the Samsung/LG phones and do away with the stupid configurations and give a better out of the box experience for users.

Does anybody know of a good image editing application.

Inbuilt applications doesn't even give an option of rotating an image.

how to reset the life timers of 6255

46987[/snapback]

Does anybody know how to connect PC to 6255 phone using CA-42 cable.

I mean, i wanted to know if anybody has tried doing so????

Thanks

Hello,

6255 or any other reliance phone having active browser ie can we browse any other site apart what reliance provide?

can this voice record for continuous 1 hour without pressing any key?

can someone clarify.

thanks.. :)

Regarding ur first Query Active Browser Or inbuilt browser is disabled by Reliance Tech team.About 2nd Query I dont rember but it must be possible with greater memory card other than provided 32 mb.

Edited by amitbt22

guys, pc suit provided at reliance web site is old. download latest pc suit from nokia web site its latest and also supports other GSM phones.

U need wallpapers? or you need screen saver?

I had posted some gif animations and also Munna has posted some wallpapers cut to 128x160 size.

Search and u will find those

moreover u can resize any image using PC suite and it will work fine.

well frnd s i search a lot but cant find full version of mobimb could anyone send me the full version of that software plz mail me at niceguylove@rediffmail.com :rolleyes::grin::lol:

well frnd s i search a lot but cant find full version of mobimb could anyone send me the full version of that software plz mail me at niceguylove@rediffmail.com :help::help::help:

I think u forgot to Search rimweb.in. :angry:

so search & search to find answers to U R OLD Questions. ;)

Guys and Gurus,

i have observed one thing.In the 6255 the music and camera dont work simultaneously.

i mean when i am listening to mp3 or FM and i start the camera for a picture or a video the music stops playing and resumes once you exit from the camera.

Any guesses??

Mayur.

P.S. I just love my 6255.Lucky for me my phone has not troubled me at all.I have not had any problems as mostly mentioned here.Only thing that s**ks is that there are no accessories available in India for this phone

But i must say that rimweb simply rocks. I totally relied on this forum before i could buy this phone and i recomend rimwen to all my friends who are not aware of it.keep up the good work mods.

Belated B'day wishes.

I guess thats the way with most of the applications, even when a sms comes the music stops and the message beep sounds and then music resumes

I am Just planning to buy this mobile. I am located in Mumbai. I would like to know Some details about this Handset Nokia 6255. I hope you people can Help me out. How is the Photo's took by the camera of that handsent, can anyone send a image to me to my email id, sajokj@hotmail.com or just upload here. So I can see that how good is the clarity. Also, How is the MP3 player Quality. How is the PC connectivity, And Can I take movie clip using the camera, which all format it supports.

Thanks in advance.

(Or Should I need to wait for some other mobile handset to launch than going for this handset)

This is one of best camera phone with this poor resolution. The picture that it captures is good for mobile use only not for pc viewing or even print. The quality if Mp3, aac with the headphone is awesome. i have attached a pic for ur review. If u want more just PM me. I give a watercolor effect when u enlarge it but as a mobile wallpaper it is great.

post-952-1136444281.jpg

Thanks a lot... Also Can any one let me know one more thing, Which is the best Mobile for MP3 and good quality camera in RIM. I am from Mumbai, Can u give me the best price to buy these handsets?

Mp3 with less memory space i think nokia 6235 is only best in this segment,No comparison with others.

its actually too less what 16mb? you can have three songs or so, change them everyday.

I bought this phone a few days back and am completly satusfied with it. I was looking for a S60 phone but I think I can do with this until Reliance launches a S60 handset :grin: . I would like to thank tanveer 'cause his detailed review helped me a lot in choosing this phone :lol: .

I have used almost all the features of the phone and I think that the phone is wonderful. I have put in a 512MB card (Kingston) and have filled it 75% with music and images and the phone's response time hasn't decreased. Although there is a pause in opening of gallery etc., but its less than 1/2 a second and I think its bearable.

Also, I have successfully created and executed some J2ME apps on the phone.

Since everyone has discussed the good features of the phone, I will highlight some of things I didn't like in it:

• Unable to lock the keypad automatically
  • Being a music lover, I am not satisfied with the amplification of the phone. I mean while driving or in a vehicle, the engine and the traffic sound supress the music.

I wonder if the Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15 works with this phone. Anyone having an idea? This adapter goes into the pop-port and has a standard 3.5 mm jack to plug in earphones of your choice. So, music lovers can use quality earphones. Although the phone is not in the list of compatible handsets for the adapter, I think it might work since it is also based on the standard pop-port.

If u Point d volume amplification of mobile phones pls give a try to samsung d500 GSM set dat u call d true multimedia set & excellence today of samsung :lol:

If u Point d volume amplification of mobile phones pls give a try to samsung d500 GSM set dat u call d true multimedia set & excellence today of samsung :)

Also, the Sony erricson walkman series has a good amplification + quality sound. This is because the headset which comes with them is of the same type I am talking about. It connects to the phone using its proprietory interface but has a standard 3.5 mm jack at the other end.

You can any earphones of your choice, although the Sony erricson earplugs supplied are good enough. They also block the outside noise with some robber cover instead of the standard foam based covers.

U dont ever need earplug,Experience d external speakers provided with unique styled samsung D500 & D600(double speakers) :)

Found some cool accessories for this phone on the net

some of the face plates are really cool the chrome one especially

Check them out:

Faceplates

Holster

Cases

Handsfree

I t has a section for keypads as well but its not showing any keypads