Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

ive seen the phone in the noon at a Rel Outlet .. Rel guys outlet told me that it is release day before yesterday.. the phone is lovely..

The Cam Refresh rate was awesome... liked it.. could not lay hands on it for more time coz it belongs to one of the rel guy... the features might be known to all of u . !

The keys were good too.. i luved the color that the guy carried.. Silver n Black one ..

Rimweb.in Member Review : Click here

Official Info here: Nokia Site

which ww? r u in delhi? wt bout the price? is it 6255 or 6255i?

plz reply soon..................................

i m eagerly waitin...... :huh::confuse:

p.s- check out the new phones to be launched by nokia

especially 6265... simply rox man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gids

thats funny.. i mailed nokia regarding this phone 2-3 days back and they said that they didnt have a launch date

Edited by vb86

hey ppl jus called up nokia care n enquired bout the nokia 6255 launched today itself. dey said its mrp is rs 12999/- :confuse::grin:

its available with reliance but r-world is completely scrapped off.(though i doubt dis info.) :huh:

also we can purchase it from any priority dealer n get it activated wid reliance.

the cc guyz still don have any idea bout dis(as usual :wacko: )

i also enquired also about the future availability of nokia phones and i was told dat only those phone listed on www.nokia.co.in under upcoming models will be launched and none else.

any1 having more info. plz contribute.

cheers for nokia for finally launching a rather better phone!!!!!!

p.s- mods, i am aware that a topic already exists exist on dis but i thought this could make a gr8er impact. plz feel free to merge it on previous 1 if u wish.

is it the 6255i or the 6255 and how do they differ..

Edited by vb86

That is good news indeed. Question is how many features would be enabled/disabled on it.

It would be a good deal if it came with all the frills for around 10k.

Nokia 6255 Technical Specs

Operating System:

Nokia OS

Developer Platform:

Series 40 Developer Platform 2.0

Java Technology:

CLDC 1.1

Wireless Messaging API (JSR-120)

Mobile Media API (JSR-135)

Mobile 3D Graphics API (JSR-184)

FileConnection and PIM API (JSR-75)

Bluetooth API (JSR-82 No OBEX)

MIDP 2.0

Nokia UI API

Browser:

WAP 2.0

XHTML over TCP/IP

Messaging:

MMS+SMIL

SMS

Digital Rights Management:

OMA DRM v1.0

Delivery Method:

MMS

WAP Download

Sound Formats:

AAC

AMR (NB-AMR)

MIDI tones (poly 24)

MP3

Band Functionality:

AMPS 800

CDMA 1900

CDMA 800

Regional Availability:

Americas

Asia-Pacific

Screen Display:

Color Depth: 16 bit

Color Depth: 12 bit

Resolution: 128 x 160

Resolution: 96 x 65

Physical Descriptions:

Dimensions: 85 x 47 x 25 mm

Weight: 120 g

Memory:

Heap size: 977 KB

Max JAR Size: 391 KB

Keypad Descriptions:

3 labeled soft keys

5-way scrolling

Grid key mat

Local Connectivity:

Bluetooth

Infrared

USB

Video Support:

3GPP formats (H.263)

Network Data Support:

HSD

CSD

PC Connectivity:

Bluetooth

Infrared

USB

Extra Features:

VGA camera with digital zoom and flash

FM radio

GPS

Handsfree speaker

MMC

MP3/AAC player

Video player

Video recorder

why nokias do not have rworld. today i have purchased nokia 3125 as some one suggested here in forum that it supports rworld fully. but it supports only text in rworld. also the rworld text fonts are so small that i need magnifying glasses to read. waste of money. reliance is made for LG guys.

I think its probably because Nokia doesnt like to customise stuff for RIM.

It will be interesting to see how many of the mentioned phone features are available in the actual model. Past experience shows they usually chop of alot of the features on Nokia models. For instance youcan be pretty sure that WAP access will be disabled and you'll be stuck using the world's ****tie*s*t WAP application from Jatayu software!

Also I don't understand how an "MP3" phone has 16 polyphony ringtones!!!

i hve had a chance to have a bit closer look at the phone.. a rel guy had it.. the phone looks kewl.. the camera refresh is good.. but the phone is too $$$ 4 me ! ..

the pic resolution of camera is 640X480 i guess.. i didnot find RWorld in a tiny bit of time i was havin the phone.. but the rel guy seems to be using his bluetooth headset with this phone.. i wil try to get another sneek peek of the phone.. to get more details ! ..

Edited by swaroop

which ww? r u in delhi? wt bout the price? is it 6255 or 6255i?

i m from Noida.. not delhi..

that was actually an outlet of reliance where i work .. they told about some special offers.. which in any way didnot seem so much "special"..! ..

the handset price he told me was 128xx/- ! . And when i asked him if i can xchange my old 2030 with that with an extra payment .. they told me that Rs 800/- would be reduced in its cost..

guess further discussions can go on

here

Edited by swaroop

why nokias do not have rworld. today i have purchased nokia 3125 as some one suggested here in forum that it supports rworld fully. but it supports only text in rworld. also the rworld text fonts are so small that i need magnifying glasses to read. waste of money. reliance is made for LG guys.

35776[/snapback]

R-World is not everything.Quality of LG handset is not up to mark.All handset in LG which were launched by reliance have some problems .If you visit service centre of LG (any where in India) you will ind great rush and service centre are not equiped with all parts and you have to leave your handset for 3 to 15 days for repairing.And in this busy word no one can afford 3 days to 15 days without mobile because mobiles are made for communication.And the worst thing is they donot provide you a handset which you can use while your own handset is going for repair.IF they think they can solve this problem to provide customer using HCC card it cost to customer only Rs 22 but it will be usefull to all. It will also increase the reputation of company.Any way my experience is ............LG handset are not upto mark and their quality is very low.I had changed from LG 2130 to LG 2130(again) to LG 6000 and now nokia 3125.I faced the probem in all LG handsets.I had given to my staff samsung N-191(3 handset) Nokia 2280(2 handset) Nokia 6585. All are working fine but I was using LG handset and always faced problem in these handset.

i called thm up rite now n  yes it has been launched for 12999

35773[/snapback]

i already mentioned dis in my 1st post !!!! :huh::confuse:

@vb86 - according 2 the reviews i've read on the net, 6255i was launched in US and was a brew version of 6255. but im still unsure plz correct me if im wrong

Edited by gids

Atul:

Rworld isnt everything. But WAP is alot!

The whole idea of buying a service provider supported handset is that the handset will have all the services (bells and whistles included) the service provider provides!

It is especially disappointing to see that Nokia/RIM have taken extra efforts to remove features that are already there in a phone! The 6225 would be a good example of this! I wonder if this is true of the 6255 as well.

And can anyone tell me whats the difference between the 6255 and 6255i?

Though I am not nokia fan, they are ages ahead of LG and far ahead of Samsung. Stripped down versions of nokia is not understandable. What customization they have to do? Infact nothing, as being JAVA, BREW enabled pphone, they just have to program log in information and necessary URL's. If reliance is using non standard java implementation, than case may be different. It seems reliance is not interested that customer uses handset, with which he is satisfied, then only he will kepp on changing it. There by giving more money to RIM than he saved on Air Time. This is true atleast in my case. I am stuck to RIM because of data services (R connect)

Wow, this is the best news from Reliance from a long long time....

Can't wait to see the model in action. It'll be very bad if the camera doesn't support R-World.

I Called up nokia care line, and was told that the MRP for this phone is 10339/- which I believe is very good price for this feature rich phone. However, availability with the Nokia dealers wasnt confirmed in Bangalore. Wonder how much more time do we have to wait.

One more good thing about the camera:

Though the Nokia website says max memory is 64MB, people are even using cards upto 2 GB!

Look at this page.

http://www.topram.com/6255i/

If the price is really 10,399, then it's the best thing to buy now. But lets see how Reliance has 'customized' it.

i think diff btween 6255 and 6255i is gps. Also.. i went to a WW express today ..they said tht the phone would cost 15k+.. even the rate on the box was more than 15k.. they didnt have a dummy.

A number of RIM models including my Samsung 563 support GPS. It depends on the main Qualcomm chip thats embedded. Go to Qualcomm's website and check out which chips support GPS if you have the time. So theres no big deal in that.

More so because GPS isnt supported by RIM so it will be disabled anyways. Hmmm so you'll be paying 2-5k (depending on which rumour you believe in here) for what?

i thought nokia didn't use qualcomm chips.

i thought nokia didn't use qualcomm chips.

35829[/snapback]

Which world r u into, dude?