Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

^

Good that it is full capacity and great deal at that price.

PS I never said it would not be genuine though, just suggested checking it. Apologies if offended anyone.

Got the 16GB at my place today, will check and post here....

Total Cost Rs 629 plus Rs 50 (for discount coupon)

You already got the drive?? :) Thats mighty quick shipping by Letsbuy.com, which seems to be known for very slow shipping (besides other things). Maybe they have improved or maybe only some get lucky or maybe they try to appear good for smaller purchases...

Waiting for more reviews esp. on whether the drives are original with the promised capacity.

i couldn't resist as the guy gave me a really good story why he's selling it so cheap. :)

I would really love to hear that.

Was it this:

7aa82d9d-b11c-08ea.jpg

^ To be sure, the confirmation is to copy the files back successfully.

Even on the fake pendrives you can copy full amount of data from PC; but when you copy it back from pendrive to PC it gets stuck at a small capacity (which is the real capacity of those fake pendrives - they use a spl ckt to keep overwriting data so that PC thinks its copied successfully ! )

Offcourse, yours won't be like that. Those are usually Dirt Cheap. I bought one for Rs 400 with 64 GB capacity written on it and body/packing etc looking quite original and found its 1 GB. Though i had been warned of the scam earlier, i couldn't resist as the guy gave me a really good story why he's selling it so cheap. :)

Did the above reverse transfer also, the same 8.46 GB is copied back to my PC.....

Anybody else with any more tests to be done?

In any case, I do not think any good online seller would resort to a cheap gimmick like giving a 1GB or 2GB or 4GB pendrive and claim it to be a 16 GB pendrive. Maybe I am wrong...

@ raccoon,

Do you need me to do any more tests? Post here and I will do it and report the results here.

Edited by KumaarShah

previous.gif Well, the doubting thomas that I am, how about copying some 15 - 16 GB and transferring back, just to be 100% sure?

Kidding... I guess you will waste lotta time on that.... so upto you. :)

:previous:

:Contento::rofl_200:

I will try when I am fully free, not for now....

In any case, I do not have any more doubts on the genuineness of the pen drive's capacity.

Its original.. and fast.. I got it too.. :) am happy.

@Kumaarshah

To check whether your PC has USB 2.0 Port...

Right Click..My Computer..Properties...Hardware...Device Manager..Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers..

If you see an entry similar to Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller.... Your PC has USB 2.0 Port.

Also if you are using a Desktop PC & using Front USB ports in the Cabinet.... Some of the older ones has Front 1.1 USB... Use the Backside Port..

USB 1.1 & USB 2.0 has maximum theoreticall bus speed of 12Mbps & 480Mbps respectively...But this are theoretical...No USB Hard Disk can even give you full theoretical speed...

Fastest Premium Priced USB Pen Drives from brands like Corsair generally max out at 30Mbps writing speed...

Copying speeds will be lower if you are copying few large size files instead of smaller ones..

• Like 1

Mubaarak ho bhai log....genuine pen drives ke liye. :)

^

Good that it is full capacity and great deal at that price.

PS I never said it would not be genuine though, just suggested checking it. Apologies if offended anyone.

No need to apologise brother, you had given the information only, And I checked it up and reported here.

:signthankspin: for providing the information.....

And what if the pen drive was not able to receive or send data above 4GB? So your info was timely and helpful.

@Kumaarshah

To check whether your PC has USB 2.0 Port...

Right Click..My Computer..Properties...Hardware...Device Manager..Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers..

If you see an entry similar to Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller.... Your PC has USB 2.0 Port.

Also if you are using a Desktop PC & using Front USB ports in the Cabinet.... Some of the older ones has Front 1.1 USB... Use the Backside Port..

USB 1.1 & USB 2.0 has maximum theoreticall bus speed of 12Mbps & 480Mbps respectively...But this are theoretical...No USB Hard Disk can even give you full theoretical speed...

Fastest Premium Priced USB Pen Drives from brands like Corsair generally max out at 30Mbps writing speed...

Copying speeds will be lower if you are copying few large size files instead of smaller ones..

:signthankspin: Rajan bhai,

but how do I know which of the four USB ports on my PC's backside are USB2 or USB1.1. According to your information above, I checked my device manager and found 2 such ports on my laptop and the remaining 2 ports are I presume, USB 1.1.

And on my desktop PC - I found the following entries: -

USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 1 entry

USB Universal Host Controller - 3 entries

My desktop does not have any front USB ports.

So which is USB2 and which are not? Any other way to find out?

TIA

^ ^ ^ Don't Worry... You Seem to have USB 2.0..In PC as Well As Laptop...

USB 2.0 was launched in Mid 2002. So assuming delays in reaching it here, Anything which you purchased after 2004 will generally have USB 2.0.

Also when you will plug a USB 2.0 Device in USB 1.1 Port... The Operating System will Flash a Message like... "This device can perform faster".. If you are not getting such message in any of the ports...All your ports will be USB 2.0

Final & Most reliable way will be to find out from your PC Motherboard & Laptop Model No. Specs... Online

If you want a Little Speed Bump...Change The Following Settings...After You Plug in USB Pen Drive...

Go to Device Manager...Expand Disk Drives..It will Show Your Pen Drive as USB Device...Double Click...Then Policies Tab..And Select Optimize For Performance..OK..Reboot if Asked...

Warning...After Doing This...Never Pluck Out Pen Drive Directly...Instead Use Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar...Otherwise You Will loose Data..

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 2

:previous:

:signthankspin: Rajanbhai, terrific info as usual and expectable (not sure if there is such a word in English, but nevertheless) from you....

Strontium 16GB PenDrive Buying Experience From Letsbuy.Com @ Rs 629...

Shipment:

Ordered Online around 6 p.m. 17-2-2011..

Next day Called up Letsbuy to Know whether shipped? Got through the line on first try...Was Given Aramex Shipment No...Told that it was shipped Last Night..

Checked Aramex Site...While tracking shipment knew that Letsbuy shipped the item in about 3.45 Hours after ordering...

Packaging:

Item was packed nicely with first layer of bubble wrap, then plastic layer tapped tightly... One Invoice on Top Layer Plastic...Second Inside the Box

Product:

In Original Strontium Box Pack with Barcode... Checked the Drive... Full Capacity...

Conclusion: Overall a Pleasant Shopping Experience....

• Like 1

The deal is still on (90% Off on purchase of Branded Digital products on Letsbuy.com)... Time left is 11 hour...

now that we have got reviews.... Guys Grab it

The reliance post paid customer will also get 15% discount on lets buy.com. so happy shopping

what is the procedure to buy

1st we need to pay 50rs to http://www.dealsandyou.com/mumbai-c-3.html

then this site give 500rs discount voucher code ?

then buy from letsbuy site with discount voucher code ???

Just got the coupon from http://www.dealsandyou.com Rs.500 off 4 50 @ letsbuy but i got an error at letsbuy while redeeming the coupon "The coupon code you have entered is not valid". Will contact D&U about it.Btw the coupon is valid till 15th march so I have some time :Decepcionado: .

what is the procedure to buy

1st we need to pay 50rs to http://www.dealsandy...mumbai-c-3.html

then this site give 500rs discount voucher code ?

then buy from letsbuy site with discount voucher code ???

I think you got it right.... Go ahead and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy

@ALL

Hold on before buying that Rs 500 Discount Voucher For Rs 50 and Using On Letsbuy....

People are getting invalid discount code error.... Wait till that is sorted out...

@KoolK and mujeebrehman

Please post here what was the resolution for that error...And if everything is sorted out? ... So Members can go ahead...

havnt got my disk from letsbuy.com till now; just getting excuses from them till now...

hey guys, i also went for this deal. but i am getting the invalid discount code error ...

btw info for everyone

i had bought a 8 GB microsd card from letsbuy, came for just 400 bucks with a discount code i had got.

my 2nd transaction was last month, when i bought Micromax Andro A60. its price was 6700/-, and with icici 10% off offer, i got it for just 6000/- !!!!! :clap:

my overall experience with letsbuy has been very good. they ship the item fast and provide genuine products packaged very properly and with company warranty.

moreover, the icici 10% discount has no upper limit. so it makes sense to buy ipad or galaxy tab from them (u will get almost 3000/- off!!!)

recd my 16gb disk; usable disk space is 14.6gb (so its not true 16 gb, more like 15gb, because 1.4gb less is not acceptable); its genuine, good rubberised build quality, red indicator light, nice swivel design (like moser baer); full 14.6 is usable, as I copied 14.1 gb data to and fro from pc, transfer speeds are about 9mbps...

Edited by dkaile

^

Update - to copy files more than 4gb in size it needs to be formatted as NTFS; fat32 wont work there; transfer speeds also increased upto 22mbps when formatted as ntfs, stabilised at about 14mbps...

Edited by dkaile