Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

so its not true 16 gb, more like 15gb, because 1.4gb less is not acceptable

That is because of Two Reasons...

1. Different ways an Operating System and Storage Devices Manufacturer Calculate STORAGE CAPACITY......

2. Formatted & Unformatted Capacity..

May be the following can help...

Advertised vs. Actual

Since consumers don't think in base 2 mathematics, manufacturers decided to rate most drive capacities based on the standard base 10 numbers we are all familiar with. Therefore, one Megabyte equals one million bytes while one Gigabyte equals one billion bytes. This isn't too much of a problem with fairly small numbers such as a Kilobyte, but each level of increase in the prefix also increased the total discrepancy of the actual space compared to the advertised space.

Here is a quick reference to show the amount that the actual values differ compared to the advertised for each common referenced value:

Megabyte Difference = 48,576 Bytes

Gigabyte Difference = 73,741,824 Bytes

Terabyte Difference = 99,511,627,776 Bytes

Based on this, for each Gigabyte that a drive manufacturer claims, they are over reporting the amount of disk space by 73,741,824 Bytes or roughly 70.3 MB of disk space. So, if a manufacturer advertises an 80 GB (80 billion bytes) hard drive, the actual disk space is around 74.5 GB of space, roughly 7% less than what they advertise.

Now, this isn't true for all the drives and storage media on the market. This is where consumers have to be careful. Most hard drives are reported based on the advertised values where a Gigabyte is one billion bytes. On the other hand, most flash media storage is based around the actual memory amounts. So a 512MB memory card has exactly 512 MB of data capacity, but this leads to the next area of reported space.

Formatted vs. Unformatted

In order for any type of storage device to be functional, there must be some method for the computer to know which bits stored on it relate to the specific files. This is where formatting of a drive comes in. The types of drive formats can vary depending on the computer but some of the more common ones are FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. In each of these formatting schemes, a portion of the storage space is allocated so that the data on the drive can be catalogued enabling the computer or other device to properly read and write the data to the drive.

This means that when a drive is formatted, the functional storage space of the drive will be less than its unformatted capacity. The amount by which the space is reduced will vary depending upon the type of formatting used for the drive and also the amount and size of the various files on the system. Since it does vary, it is impossible for the manufacturers to quote the formatted size. This problem is most frequently encountered with flash media storage over larger capacity hard drives.

It's a Standard Industry Practice by all Storage Manufacturers......You will get the same capacity as reported in this Pen Drive with Practically any Branded USB Pen Drive....

So True Capacity is a matter of perception From Which Angle You are Looking... OS or Manufacturer...And File System Used...

• Like 4

+1 for the useful information Rajan Bhai. :)

Detailed explanations from you are always helpful on the forum.

thanks a lot for the information rajan.

+1

yes, even sandisk 16gb is actually 14.8gb (just 0.2 gb more than this)...

the standard formula is actually 0.93 x mfg specified capacity = actual capacity (this applied for generally most drives)

i.e. 0.93 x 16 = 14.88, so we are very near

PS - This is simpler explanation of rajan's post above.... lolz...:Riendo:

Edited by dkaile

but website is still not working for me.

^^^

What error are you getting Saket Bhai ?

"This webpage is not opening"

This page comes after i click on "PAY NOW" .

I wanted to purchase something from letsbuy and today the offer is gone :( Anybody here has any spare 50rs coupon? I will pay you online.

:previous: Dude I am sorry you missed on that offer. But you can still get a new offer Rs 49 = Rs 300 off on your purchase at Letsbuy.http://www.mydala.com/archivedeal/Letsbuy_2394 :winko:

All You Blackberry Fans.... Offer At IndiaPlaza....

Good Prices For Blackberry Phones + ADDITIONAL Rs 1,000 Discount On Final Price- Use Promo Code BB1000OFF

Offer Valid Till 28th February 2011

Buying Link http://www.indiaplaz...r-mobiles-6.htm

Blackberry 8320 Curve At Rs 8,790 (MRP 9,990)

L-mob21211bberrycrve8320.jpg

Blackberry Storm 9500 At Rs 10,990 (MRP Rs 27,990)

L-mob21211bberrystrm9500.jpg

Blackberry 8520 At Rs 11,490

Lblackberry8520.jpg

Blackberry Curve 9300 At Rs 14,300 (MRP Rs 17,890)

L3108-blackberrycurve9300%20.jpg

Blackberry Bold 9650 At Rs 17,990 (MRP Rs 23,890)

L-mob21211bberrybld9650.jpg

@ani_meher, your pm box is full.. delete some messages...

Deals and You coupon is still showing the same error on LETSBUY website. Did anyone with recent purchase get any success for the same or did some try to contact Deals and You customer service :Equivocado: :Equivocado: :Equivocado:

I too had ordered Pen drive from letsbuy.com. Placed order on 19th Feb, called CC and they told me that it has not been shipped yet !!!mad.gif

@ALL

Hold on before buying that Rs 500 Discount Voucher For Rs 50 and Using On Letsbuy....

People are getting invalid discount code error.... Wait till that is sorted out...

@KoolK and mujeebrehman

Please post here what was the resolution for that error...And if everything is sorted out? ... So Members can go ahead...

it is still not working

delas and you phone no is also not working 0124 4734 777 nobody is picking up da call ever...

i also got error voucher number,then i mail abt it, now my voucher is working fine...

The reliance post paid customer will also get 15% discount on lets buy.com. so happy shopping

Does anyone actually know how to utilize this offer above?

Its there on the website of both 'letsbuy' & 'reliance'. It keeps mentioning about a voucher which needs to be entered at the check out stage but I don't know how to get hold of the voucher. Anyone?

(I need to purchase a digicam from them & this offer would have given me like 2k off.)

The reliance post paid customer will also get 15% discount on lets buy.com. so happy shopping

Its there on the website of both 'letsbuy' & 'reliance'. It keeps mentioning about a voucher which needs to be entered at the check out stage but I don't know how to get hold of the voucher. Anyone?

(I need to purchase a digicam from them & this offer would have given me like 2k off.)

But Bros, Reliance Website Showing its expire on 31st jan,2011

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/postpaid/letsbuy.html

But Bros, Reliance Website Showing its expire on 31st jan,2011

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/postpaid/letsbuy.html

Oops!! I could have sworn I saw the date as 31st March just a couple of days ago. Anyway, bad luck I guess. However what is generally the redemption process for these offers. Does Reliance Sms these voucher codes upon request or is it like a free for all? Anyone used these special offers successfully?

Just bought Philips Steam iron for Rs 700/- from buytheprice.com

http://www.buytheprice.com/home_appliances/viewmore.php?id=638

There is a khojguru coupon which gives Rs 400/- off on purchase of Rs 1100/- and above. Here is the URL for the same:

http://khojguru.com/coupons/buytheprice-com-rs-400-voucher_ufwm7?ref=home-discount

I have placed an order for Morphy Richards Toaster on Letsbuy.com. I have also redeemed the voucher i had purchased on dealsandyou.com.

I have placed the order on sunday evening.

Just called the customer care, they confirmed they have received the payment from the bank yesterday and the order is in process. The product would be received in 4-7 days. Got to wait and see.

Kodak Easyshare C143 Digital Camera...

Surprisingly Good 12 Mega Pixel Camera With Lots of Features For The Price...

L28-kodakc143.jpg

Available at Rs 3,499 (MRP Rs 7,999)

Buying Link http://www.indiaplaz...12kod001-10.htm

Review http://www.cameras.c...yshare-c143.cfm

Specification http://store.kodak.c...uctID.200993100

• Like 1