Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

Letsbuy.com giving free hdd with laptop. Though price of hdd shown is higher.

www.letsbuy.com/deals/31072011-laptops.html?utm_source=Internal-EDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=31072011-laptops&hq_e=el&hq_m=1021179&hq_l=2&hq_v=bf98f92740

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@RajanBhai

Have finally zeroed in for Toshiba laptop for my parents to do skype and simple net stuffs..

Following are the two models from letsbuy

http://www.letsbuy.com/toshiba-satellite-c-series-c660p5012-genchaku-black-with-tops-pattern-p-17973 and

http://www.letsbuy.com/toshiba-satellite-c-series-c660i5010-genchaku-black-with-tops-pattern-p-17979

Please suggest pros and cons of both considering the usability and longer life :D

Also since the laptops come with DOS so age old work of installing the OS remains..Please suggest how the laptops are user friendly in installing the pirated :D OS..

1 GB RAM. Do these laptops work on such low RAMs.

What OS would work well on 1 GB? Or do they expect you to upgrade the RAM anyways.

And as far as I know dual core was an underperforming processor.

I have a 3 year old laptop Core2duo, 3 GB RAM and they are still making dual cores and i3s with 1 GB?

Am I missing something here?

@accessapoorv

C660-I5010 is core i3-380M 2.53 Ghz with 1GB RAM, 250 GB HDD at Rs 20,888 and C660-P5012 is Pentium Dual Core P6200 2.13 Ghz with 2 GB RAM, 320GB HDD at Rs 19,250.

Both has the same Intel HM55 Arrandale family chipset, fabricated with 32nm technology, same 3MB of L3 cache, same graphic controller. The only major difference is P6200 does not have Hyper Threading but i3-380M has, so it has better multitasking ability. If you will run some heavy duty apps like professional video editing, core i3-380M will perform faster than P6200.

However for the usage patterns you mentioned P6200 is perfectly fine & you can go for C660-P5012, save around Rs 1,500 and get 2GB RAM & higher HDD capacity.

Installing OS on both should be easy, however you may have to download drivers if they are missing driver DVD.

^^^^ I am running Win7 and Ubuntu (dual boot) on my Dell Inspiron 600m with Pentium mobile processor 1.6 Ghz 1.5 Gb RAM and am facing no problem whatsoever. Initially it had only 512 MB RAM (which was fine too) but I added another 1GB RAM as i got a good deal for it.

Please note it is DDR1 RAM !!!

Win7 was good on a 512mb ram? That is news.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

^^^ MS says minimum 1 GB required but it runs on 512 MB smoothly a long as the AERO graphics features are disabled. Not as good looking but the functionality is complete

Anyway, rather than installing pirated OS, go for Ubuntu. Its easy to use once configured and you wont be bothered with messages from MS saying you have Pirated OS

That's right, I have been using ubuntu for the last 5 years or so.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

@Hitesh, Its a good buy, but better go for USB3.0

If not in hurry, you can wait for letsbuy to get it in stock .

was looking for usb3 only, but as it is not in stock, will go with usb2, also it is going to be used with my 3year old lappy, so usb3 dose not make any difference

+1 have rergistered 5 USD

Yeah nice specs

Few people were asking for Wireless Walkie Talkie on this topic >> http://www.rimweb.in...alkie-in-india/

This seems to be a good one..

Motorola Talkabout Radios with 23-Mile Range (Imported) Rs 5,723 http://www.homeshop1...13257/cid:3315/

Apply Discount Code GCTA3NPH5P9AK8EIN for Rs.1000 Off and the above price..

If some one planning to use shopandship.com service, then you will get 10% discount on your shipping charges if you use mastercard...

Here is the details

Though india is not mentioned over there, but its been confirmed with them,that this offer is available in india too :)

Also its possible(?) one can open shopandship.com a/c for 2.5$ if you use mastercard...since it has 50% off in membership fees. But i've not tried this one, may be some one can register new a/c using master card and the discount coupon earlier posted here :D

I joined using my MasterCard CC to pay the $5/- charge and did not get any further discount.

^:( , thanks for the info, then i guess it will work only on full membership fee :)

^:( , thanks for the info, then i guess it will work only on full membership fee :)

Same here, i have also made the payment through Mastercard but didnt get the 10% discount paid USD 5

Same here, i have also made the payment through Mastercard but didnt get the 10% discount paid USD 5

I paid 5USD with my Master Card! No discount!!

I have booked this immediately before the offer is withdrawn, as it was 40USD discounted & Mr. Rajan has booked but now I am wondering when am I going to make use of it? :confuse:

Only when Mr. Rajan comesout with a Great Intl. deal then it will be useful :rofl_200:

have to buy a Nokia C7 for some1.. its available on letsbuy @15,530/- after icicilb discount code..

any better deals available??

me too used MasterCard Citi CC, and was debited $5. no discounts.

International Shopping Deal For People who have registered on shopandship.com...

Custom Duty + Shipping should not be more than1,000 for this.. Still check with them..

So total in hand cost in india may be11,655 +1,000 = Rs 12,655

Same phone is sold in India at Rs 22,499 >> http://www.letsbuy.c...l-venue-p-12103

New Dell Venue Android $ 259 = Rs 11,655 >> http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1556wt_1185

1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor (QSD 8250)

4.1 Inch 800 x 480 pixels, WVGA AMOLED capacitive, multitouch

8GB built in internal storage memory, up to 32Gb Card

512 RAM, 1Gb ROM

8 MP Camera with LED Flash, 720p Video Recording

Android 2.2 Froyo

WRT Dell Venue, was planning to order for friend but had some questions in mind..

1. Since the one in this post is locked to AT&T, how can I unlock??

2. Will it work on 3g in India since it is AT&T version?

Otherwise, seems very good deal for this price.. There are 3 different prices.. 1st is Rajanbhais calculation 12655/- 2nd is direct ebay.com 303$ (13938/-) & 3rd is ebay global @ 14803/- less 700/- discount coupon.

Planning to buy thru geb as it gives protection. I have even registered for SNS a/c but am hesitant to experiment with this one. Will try some low value order 1st n then try SNS.

Edited by hiteshkkk1

^^^

The ad says...

... currently mated to AT&T USA network but can be easily unlocked to work anywhere in the world (with obtainable unlock code, contact me for details), ...

I think contacting the seller will help a great deal.