Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

^^^

Thanks for the reply. What I was looking for is mainly the difference between the various models available today in the market. Most of the products are from reputed manufacturers like Bajaj, Inalsa, Khaitan, Philips etc, so reliability would not be an issue. Why is there such a price difference and what exactly should I look into while going for an induction cooker. I would place my budget at 2K-3K (max). Is there anything special that I should specifically pay attention to (features like presets, power rating, glass tops etc)

Regards

Rahul

Well.. There's not much difference I guess. Each and every model works in the range of 500W to 2kW and electricity consumption is almost the same.

-The price difference is mainly due to the bundled items. In bajaj one model was available for 2650 without extra accessories and 3450 with a set of 2-3 induction compatible utensils.

-You can chose for a model that has many presets, eg rice cooking mode, milk boiling mode etc that will reduce your burden of figuring out the perfect combo for cooking a particular item.

-3rd thing you should look for the warranty period.

-4th you should look for good online deals :P

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all the assistance. After much thinking and almost purchasing every variety available, I finally settled for the Morphy Richards Chef Express 200 White

http://www.flipkart.com/morphy-richards-chef-express-200-induction-cook-top/p/itmdfhzygaxg6y4f?pid=ICTDFHNYR4RYYCYY

morphy-richards-chef-express-200-chef-express-200-275x275-imaddszh2xcq8q2j.jpeg

Thanks a lot to everyone for the assistance. Looking forward to spending a little less on LPG in future

Regards

Rahul

PS: What tipped the scale more than anything else, to be frank, was the 2 years India warranty offered.

which is cheaper PNG or this cooktop

current average usage of PNG is 10 Unit per month = Rs. 235.00 per month.

what will be the expense of cooktop per month?

Bought a Panasonic 39" LED, Model no. TH-L39EM5D for 38 K from Arcee Electronics Vashi, Navi Mumbai. It was a rock bottom price ,as I searched online and physical market survey. Tv is not of smart features but have 1 HDMI and 1 USB port and compatible with almost all vedio formats.

Need laptop in 20k budget...

Toshiba, Asus, Dell preferred..

Intel preferred...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

have a look at it:-

link-

http://www.homeshop18.com/asus-x53u-sx181d-amd-2gb-320-gb-15-6-laptop/computer-peripherals/laptops/product:29086181/cid:3291/?utm_source=Aff_OMG&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=women

Thanks a lot to everyone for the assistance. Looking forward to spending a little less on LPG in future

I doubt the assumption. IMHO, LPG, even without subsidy, will continue to be much much cheaper than electricity.

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

There is a deal on prestige hub. At big bazaar, chimney is free with hub. Deal price 8450.

I m interested in this but is the chimney with suction power of 640 sufficient?

Intel preferred...

link-

http://www.homeshop18.com/asus-x53u-sx181d-amd-2gb-320-gb-15-6-laptop/computer-peripherals/laptops/product:29086181/cid:3291/?utm_source=Aff_OMG&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=women

Thanks but it has very limited delivery locations...

my city is not covered... In fact not even Pune...

Intel preferred...

link-

possibly will buy this next week when my credit card cycle resets..

http://www.infibeam.com/Laptop/i-Toshiba-Dual-Core-320GB-Laptop/P-CA-L-Toshiba-C850-P5010.html?id=Black

infibeam is selling at 19800/- n one of the infibeam seller is offering the same at 18800/-. Does any one has experience of buying from infibeam seller? 18800/- seems to be vfm.. What say?

I doubt the assumption. IMHO, LPG, even without subsidy, will continue to be much much cheaper than electricity.

I did not understand the point above.

But my experience of using induction base for 5 years is with subsidised LPG you will have around 30% savings.without subsidised LPG you will have 70% savings approximately

I second this.

The unit rate for electricity increases for higher slabs. In my city, the second slab starts at >300 units per month.

So while comparing the costs, consider the rate for the slab the projected consumption will fall into, and not the rate at which that you are currently paying.

• Like 1

I also fail to understand how can induction be lower then LPG in running costs when per unit rate of electricity is howering nearly at Rs 7 and above with induction power consumption in the range of 1800 Watt plus. It can never be a full replacement of LPG. At the most, it's additional convenience for only some items of coocking. I guess it can't handle many traditional indian coocking items. Plus you need specific coockware (particularly flat bottoms) so there is no heat energy loss.

Piped gas is cheapest, then LPG cylinder.

Anyhow yesterday it's already decided in a ministerial meeting that subsidised LPG cylinder limit is going to be increased from 6 to 9 per year.

Expected to be announced soon.

^^^

The issue was not just cost but also availability of LPG cylinders. I live in an area where I dont have piped LPG connections (which would have been the best!). So am forced to depend on the vagaries of the LPG dealer who can delay the supply if he wants to. At least with the induction cooker and with almost assured 24X7 power supply, we can continue to remain independent. Which is why I finally decided to move to the induction cooker. But yes, I agree with you that it may not mean as economical as I might have liked it to be.

Anyway, thanks all. I guess I ended up starting a discussion from which many other members too would benefit. I am sure there are lot of other members who might be contemplating about purchasing an induction cooker.

Regards

Rahul

• Like 1

Intel preferred...

link-

http://www.homeshop1..._campaign=women

possibly will buy this next week when my credit card cycle resets..

http://www.infibeam....0.html?id=Black

infibeam is selling at 19800/- n one of the infibeam seller is offering the same at 18800/-. Does any one has experience of buying from infibeam seller? 18800/- seems to be vfm.. What say?

If u have 7.5% EBAY coupon(J648BIMOGR) u can get the same laptop @ 18684 here..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BRAND-NEW-SEALED-TOSHIBA-SATELLITE-C850-P5010-DUAL-CORE-2ND-GEN-2GB-320GB-/290802082348?pt=IN_PC_Laptops&hash=item43b527a22c

He is a very good seller, i bought 2 other laptops till now from him..

^^

@Rahul, I agree that induction cook tops help reduce dependency of LPG. But they cannot replace LPG - at least as of now. Secondly, Induction Coocktops have a higher running cost than LPG.

Somewhere somebody has written(in this thread?) that Induction Cooktop typically uses 6 units/day for a family of six. I would like to believe that it is underestimation. But even if one believes that it is true, you would end up spending 42 Rs/Day, considering the unit price of electricity is around 7Rs/Unit. Its important to know that different states have different rates and different slabs. And they also differ for domestic and commercial connection. They also differ for 3Phase and single phase. But for the purpose of calculation, lets consider a conservative rate of 7Rs.

If you can completely replace LPG with Induction Cooktop, 10 days of its usage approximately equates one subsidized LPG cylinder. And 20 days usage equates to one non-subsidized LPG cylinder.

Then there are cities like Pune, where there is no guarantee of continuous power supply. So, effectively Mumbai and Gujarat people can only afford this luxury :)

--- Edit ---

Then there are different category of consumers - Farmers of Punjab and few other states - for them electricity is free ! And then yet another set of people - who can arrange to bring the electricity from over head lines without any meter in between !!

Edited by MOBILE FAN
  • Like 1

^^ Bro i have written that the total electricity consumption in my household per day is 6units per day (average of 15 days so far) and this includes the billing from induction cooktop + billing from other appliances as well.

A unsusidized gas cylinder costs around 900 Rupees. So if the electricity consumption is lesser than that then it is profitable for you.

In my case my electricity charges are around Rs 5 a unit and the calculation is economical as compared to using an unsubsidized cylinder.

And regarding the 1800W consumption as told by Rajan Dada, you need not use it at full power all the time and thats where the presets are useful.

e.g You could fry on the least consumption 70degree celsius, that consumes hardly 500-600Wh.

I understand its not a complete substitute to the conventional LPG chulhas, but it helps reducing the number of LPG cylinders so that we need not buy the unsubsidized ones :)

Itni baatein hui hai to koi good deal on induction cooktop bhi bata do, as far as i think buying ONLY a induction cooktop is not a great idea cos we also need " Induction Base Kadai/Frypan/Tava" for it and thats gonna kill you too, so if i can have any GOOD DEAL with all these ???

^

Due to prevailing Power Cut - Scheduled & Unscheduled in Tamil Nadu, this choice of using Induction is not there for us :(

• Like 1

@Sujit, point taken. Thanks for enlightening us!

Itni baatein hui hai to koi good deal on induction cooktop bhi bata do, as far as i think buying ONLY a induction cooktop is not a great idea cos we also need " Induction Base Kadai/Frypan/Tava" for it and thats gonna kill you too, so if i can have any GOOD DEAL with all these ???

Anything made of stainless steel or iron works great on induction cooktop. But there are some models out there which (claim that they) work with any utensil.

Thank you Setu Sir :)

Cant anybody throw some light on the required suction power of kitchen chimneys ?

"Anything made of stainless steel or iron works great on induction cooktop. But there are some models out there which (claim that they) work with any utensil."

Sir Which are those models which works on any utensil. Kindly advice

^^^

last week my friend visited lemmington road for looking a laptop....

He's getting ACER LAPTOP with 4gb ram, i3, 15.6", 1gb graphic card, 500gb HD and many freebies along it....at the price of 20k!!!!

Cant believe :surprise:

Here are the details:-

Nxt Step Technologies

Add:- 295, Om nivas Bldng., Lamington Rd, Opp.Lamington Rd Police station, Grant Rd, (E) Mumbai 400007

Tel.:-31287569/33157569/61287579/33157579

This pic contains specs, price with freebies.....

2vbon6q.jpg

• Like 2

Anything made of stainless steel or iron works great on induction cooktop. But there are some models out there which (claim that they) work with any utensil.

Thank you Setu Sir :)

I think the Surface contact of Induction cooking top & utensils should be maximum. :)

Guys ...

Pls suggest a good deal for 500 GB external HDD to gift to my

BOSS

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ