Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Updated: Pesky SMSs/Calls: Major relief to users from March 21, 2011

^^^

This shouldn't be termed as USSD, because USSD is a feature of GSM. 'Flash Message' is more correct, I think.

Nope..... USSD is correct and in Vodafone you can always dial *121# to get special offers for you....

Full talktime offers, free Minutes offer or Internet browsing offer...

^^^

But you cannot term it USSD in case of CDMA.

^^^^^^

Sougata ji, we are taking about vodafone-prepaid, so GSM only...

Okkk got it guys thanks 4 d info!!

I have just converted my postpaid to prepaid and submitted all my valid documents Now the company is sending me sms to submit my documents at 2:00 AM

I called up the CC and asked how can they send me sms late in the night The person told company can do so and the time limit of 9 AM to 9 PM is for telemarketers only and refused to take my complaint and told me to go to consumer court for this if I want to

Can anybody clarify me on this and if I want to complain against them what should I do

Is there any number to complain to TRAI

might it not be easier to put your handset on vibrate or silent at night?

if there is no option to automatically do this on a schedule then just switch it off

quicker than going to court [but of course you should go if you want to - that's anyone's right]

unless you are an emergency service provider [e.g., trauma surgeon, police, etc] you won't miss much by switching off

I have just converted my postpaid to prepaid and submitted all my valid documents Now the company is sending me sms to submit my documents at 2:00 AM

I called up the CC and asked how can they send me sms late in the night The person told company can do so and the time limit of 9 AM to 9 PM is for telemarketers only and refused to take my complaint and told me to go to consumer court for this if I want to

Can anybody clarify me on this and if I want to complain against them what should I do

Is there any number to complain to TRAI

^^^^^

Emergency calls may come (with good or bad news) at late night... But since SMS is the only issue here, silence the SMS tone or set it to beep-once...

the above solution seems to be easy but my question is does the telecom company have the right to invade my privacy at an unearthly hour

what is the use of government banning sms if the telecom company sends such sms

Keeping phone on silent or switching it off is not always a good idea

delivery of SMS on odd hours doesn't mean that the company is invading the privacy.. SENDING the message is in sender's hand but delivery, its not.. it depends on the network.. thats my point of view..

The Pesky SMS STARTED, once again !!!!

But, now in a new way. Since the SMSes are banned from registered senders, senders are now sending from regular numbers. I just received an SMS from 9762674036 : "Opportunity to receive upto 12.5 lakhs on investing Rs.30,000 yearly ........of Kotak Group. For details call on 8796506765"

It won't stop so easily.. I just now received call from standard chartered bank for credit card from Pune based land line number.

Moreover I have checked with international bulk SMS gateways and those are getting delivered on even dnd numbers h though charges are high but still if some one wants to send bulk SMS at any cost then they will use it. Don't know about legal issues for such messages since gateway provider is not based in India and trai would not be able to do anything in that case...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ha ha ha

all solutions are useless in the long term, here in the shortest term....

Serious marketers can cock-a-snoop at TRAI and GoI now with the above solution....

I think we should attend the call, accept their offer, call their representative some 15 kms far from the city (tell them that we have recently shifted to this new address) and once he reaches and calls us, we should tell them that just now we remembered that since we are in DnD, it will not be ethical for us to accept their offer. :Sorprendido:

Edited by mgdelhi
  • Like 2

^

Nice idea. Worth trying

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

One of the best solution, If we all united and do same with all telecallers they will stop.

Each and every company be it a small or big, they all do telecalling, and disturb the mobile users.

And apart form this now one more thing is very troubling me now,

Salesman and Salesgirl comes to our area and ring the bell and we have to go out to check who is there and then say themm that we dont need Ariel, SurfExcel n bla bla..

Bloody companies....

It won't stop so easily.. I just now received call from standard chartered bank for credit card from Pune based land line number.

If you are registered in Do Not Call Registry, best option is to lodge a formal complaint.. Now there are hefty fines which keep on increasing with every default.. Should not take much time for you..

If every telecom subscriber simply starts lodging complaints for every single default, the financial cost for defaulters will be very heavy..

That itself will be the biggest deterrant.. Right now very few people bother to formally lodge a complain..

agreed. these rascals get away because most of us do not bother to use the power that has been given to us.

If you are registered in Do Not Call Registry, best option is to lodge a formal complaint.. Now there are hefty fines which keep on increasing with every default.. Should not take much time for you..

If every telecom subscriber simply starts lodging complaints for every single default, the financial cost for defaulters will be very heavy..

That itself will be the biggest deterrant.. Right now very few people bother to formally lodge a complain..

Already lodged the complaint by sending email & received the docket no. .. Lets see whats the resolution which they have committed upto 15th oct.

whom should we lodge a complaint with

If we complain to the service provider they do not take the complain and just cut the call

Complaints can be registered even through automatic IVR or SMS also. You will be given a unique complaint number. The customer care of telecom operator has no control over there to reject registration of complaint.

Then the complaint status can be tracked here online >> http://nccptrai.gov..../UccSearch.misc

Please follow the following procedure on how to file a complaint through various modes like Voice Call, IVR & SMS for pesky calls / SMS received on your number.

HOW TO REGISTER A COMPLAINT

1. If you receive any unsolicited commercial communications seven days after registration of your telephone number in the NCPR, you may register a complaint by:

A. Dialling the toll free number 1909; or

B. Sending an SMS to 1909

2. It is important to note that:

The complaint has to be registered from the telephone number on which unsolicited commercial communication has been received.

Your complaint must be made within three days of receipt of the unsolicited commercial communication.

A. REGISTRATION OF COMPLAINT BY DIALING 1909

1. Dial 1909, listen to the instructions and choose one of the following to register your complaint:

Through customer care executive

Through IVRS(Interactive Voice Response System)

A1. REGISTRATION OF COMPLAINT THROUGH CUSTOMER CARE EXECUTIVE

1. Dial 1909 and select the option for registering the complaint through the customer care executive.

2. Provide the details of the unsolicited commercial communication to the customer care executive including:

a. Particulars of the telemarketer;

b. The telephone number from which the unsolicited commercial communication originated;

c. The date and time of the unsolicited commercial communication

d. A brief description of the unsolicited commercial communication.

3. The customer care executive will register the customer complaint and acknowledge the complaint by providing a unique complaint number.

4. Preserve this unique complaint number for further communication.

5. You will be informed of the action taken on your complaint within 7 days of the complaint booking.

A2. REGISTRATION OF COMPLAINT THROUGH SMS TO 1909

1. You may register a complaint regarding receipt of unsolicited commercial communications by sending SMS to 1909 in the specified format given below:

“COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mm”

Where XXXXXXXXXX – is the telephone number or header of the SMS, as the case may be, from which the unsolicited commercial communication has originated.

2. The complaint will be registered and acknowledged by the access provider by sending a unique complaint number through SMS.

3. You will be informed of the action taken on your complaint within 7 days of the complaint booking.

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

^^^^

I called that bl00dy number (07316006000) and said "I am interested in getting Bulk-SMS facility to DND nos also... Tariffs and asked about the possibility of PENALTY upto 2Lakhs and what is the change in TRAI rule as given in their website???"

He said

1. 35p per SMS will be charged.. (actually costly for bulk-sms service, but with dnd no sending facility its dead-cheap)

2. There is no REAL change in TRAI rules (upon asking him too much details and for written confirmation, he accepted this fact)

Then I asked him about the penalty to which he asked "sir, have you got penalised b4?? Never isn't it??".. I replied "earlier there no SMS limit and trai was not so serious, but now with sms limit and customer awareness, customers will complaint on trai website and we may get penalised..." and his simple reply is "sir simply signup our service... If customer complaints to trai, trai will fwd that to operator and operator will call us [but NEVER put penalty] and you will be safe for sure..."

From what he has said, I can simply understand that

1. TRAI is worthless either beating the bushes or NOT really in mood to help customers

2. operators won't change their mind-set from looting the customers (they are actually protecting the bulk-sms people)

3. Customers are scape-goats...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 2

does anyone know why there is a 3 day limit for complaints?

if we have all the details of the violation why should it become legal on the 4th day?

there should be a system to fwd all spam sms to a gateway so that the body can be searched against other DND # and multiple violations automatically registered for fines

^^^^

I called that bl00dy number (07316006000) and said "I am interested in getting Bulk-SMS facility to DND nos also... Tariffs and asked about the possibility of PENALTY upto 2Lakhs and what is the change in TRAI rule as given in their website???"

He said

1. 35p per SMS will be charged.. (actually costly for bulk-sms service, but with dnd no sending facility its dead-cheap)

2. There is no REAL change in TRAI rules (upon asking him too much details and for written confirmation, he accepted this fact)

Then I asked him about the penalty to which he asked "sir, have you got penalised b4?? Never isn't it??".. I replied "earlier there no SMS limit and trai was not so serious, but now with sms limit and customer awareness, customers will complaint on trai website and we may get penalised..." and his simple reply is "sir simply signup our service... If customer complaints to trai, trai will fwd that to operator and operator will call us [but NEVER put penalty] and you will be safe for sure..."

From what he has said, I can simply understand that

1. TRAI is worthless either beating the bushes or NOT really in mood to help customers

2. operators won't change their mind-set from looting the customers (they are actually protecting the bulk-sms people)

3. Customers are scape-goats...

From what I understand these people are using international gateways and hence trai cannot do in that case since those are not registered in India. I have also talked to those msg91 people and planning to buy the same as I need to send SMS to my clients to remind about sip installments due from their bank account and my existing SMS provider www.mvayoo.com says that I need to pay hefty deposit if I wish to get transactional message status. Also msg91 offered me intelligent route where in SMS sent to non dnd will be charged at normal rates of 7 paise and to dnd will be charged at 40 paise.. Indians are really jugadu...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk