Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Updated: Pesky SMSs/Calls: Major relief to users from March 21, 2011

Just got this sms from Vodafone :

"Good News, you can send unlimited sms on 25-26 Oct, capping of 100 sms/day is not applicable for these days. Pls note, sms charges will be as per the base rate"

• Sad 1

That's very nice of Vodafone. By the way I have started getting spam messages. Yebhi is bloody notorious

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

^^^

I'm also getting Spam messages from Yebhi.......will file a complaint against them soon.

recently the spam messages seem to have increased

^^^

I'm also getting Spam messages from Yebhi.......will file a complaint against them soon.

Me too getting lot of trash from Yebhi, Just now lodged a complaint.

And for a change, Reliance CC young girl who took the complaint was so polite with a husky voice. Started conversing with me by first name and guided the whole process so pleasurably.. It was like a Concierge service of a top end product..

The sensuous experience is motivating me to raise 2-3 more complaints with a fervent hope that she comes on the line again..

Edited by rajanmehta

Even I have started receiving spam messages from Yebhi.. Will lodge the complain tomorrow..

No use, nothing will come out of complaints as they use international gateways to send spam SMS'

Anothr thing I wanted to point out was that beyond 100 SMS' per day, Vodafone is charging at base rates. This is totally unjustifiable and unethical. hey are enriching themselves due to this stupid TRAI rule.

In my RGSM connection, I cannot send a single SMS beyond 100 SMS per day at all, no matter whatever I try to do. Atleast RCOM is not enriching themselves like the greedy Voda, No idea about the other gangsters...

• Like 1

^^ both prepaid?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

^

yes both are prepaid....

AFAIK, In Postpaid, one can send 3000 SMS per month either in one shot or whichever way one likes. Correct me, if wrong.

Edited by KumaarShah

VODAFONE Fined Rs 25000 for Pesky Calls

Courtesy: http://timesofindia....ow/10434425.cms

MUMBAI: In a significant judgment that could benefit millions of mobile phone subscribers troubled by pesky telemarketing calls and messages, a district consumer forum last week directed Vodafone Essar Limited to pay Rs 25,000 to a doctor who had subscribed to the DNC - Do Not Call Facility - but still kept getting calls from various companies. The forum held the service provider guilty of deficiency of service and ordered it to pay Dr Ashesh Gala Rs 20,000 as compensation and Rs 5,000 towards cost of the complaint.

Dr Gala, who filed a complaint in the Mumbai Suburban District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum in October 2009, owns and runs Netra Jyot Eye Care Centre, a hospital in Mulund (W). Gala had a cell phone for which Vodafone Essar Ltd were the service providers.

Gala's complaint stated that many companies from the service sector would call him on his cell phone time and again and even sent him messages. To stop the calls and SMSes, Gala informed Vodafone, his service provider, and subscribed to its Do Not Call (DNC) facility in December 2007. However, despite subscribing to the service, Gala alleged he received repeated calls from a bank between July 2007 and February 2008. Aggrieved, Gala sent the bank a notice on March 3, 2008. The bank replied to the notice, apologizing to him and assuring Gala that he would not receive such calls or messages from it in future. However, since calls from various other companies continued, Gala filed a complaint with the forum citing deficiency in service and sought a compensation of Rs 50,000.

Vodafone, in its reply before the forum, denied the allegations leveled against it. It further submitted that the complaint could not be entertained by the forum until the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) was made party to the complaint since DNC was a facility that was available on the national level. The service provider told the forum that under the DNC facility, there could be a drop in the number of telemarketing calls but they cannot be stopped completely.

However the forum observed that as TRAI was a regulatory body and not a service provider, it could not be made party to the complaint. The forum further observed that according to TRAI regulations, once the subscriber opts for the DNC facility it is the responsibility of the service provider to see that such calls and messages are not received from companies.

Edited by KumaarShah

I too have been getting messages from Yebhi.com. And surprising part is, they have started suddenly after a small lull. I called up CC to find out why and he told me this surprising news .. Sir, your no is NOT registered with DND! This is in spite of the fact that DND has been active on my number for nearly 3 years now! Even after that, I had re-registered my number and only activated messaged from Banking. Yet I was surprised to note that my number is not in the DND registry. Reliance at its best?? Anyway, CC said he has taken the request and it would take 7 days to activate.

By the way, it was a HE! Rajanbhai, kahaan aap ko yeh husky husky ladkiyaan mil jaati hain? :hi2:

Now, there seems to be good news for all the SMS fans or Heavy SMS Users! Indian Telecom regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) today increased the limit of One hundred SMS (100 SMS) per day per SIM to Two hundred SMS (200 SMS) per day per SIM.

TRAI said that it has received representations from some of the service providers and consumers to increase the limit of 100 SMS per day per SIM. The Authority has considered these representations and decided to increase the limit of one hundred SMS per day per SIM to two hundred SMS per day per SIM/ Subscriber.

On 27th September, TRAI directs all Access Providers (GSM and CDMA Mobile service operators) to sets a cap of 100 SMSs per day per users as earlier we shared on TelecomTalk.

Source:- http://telecomtalk.info/trai-raises-sms-limit-to-200-sms-per-day-per-sim/80847/#more-80847

^

Read the news today afternoon. It seems that the pesky SMS are coming back :ranting:

TRAI issues Directions On Blocking of SPAM Bulk International SMS

New Delhi, 20th January, 2012:

Several incidences came to the notice of TRAI that promotional SMS were being routed through the servers located at international destinations and were getting delivered to customers registered in NCPR. It was observed that generally such SMSs were getting originated from locations within Germany, Sweden, Nauru, Fiji, Cambodia, Bosnia, Albania, Grenada, UK, Jersey, Sint Maarten, Tonga, Vanuatu, Namibia, Panama, Antigua and Barbuda etc. These SMSs contain the headers which are alphanumeric or starting with +91 or numbers with international codes.

TRAI today issued a direction to all Access Providers and International Long Distance Operators for blocking the bulk international SMS and to take the following steps within thirty days.

• All international SMS containing alphabet header or alphanumeric header or +91 as originating country code should not be delivered through the network.
  • If any source or number from outside the country generates more than two hundred SMS per hour with similar ‘signature’, the same should not be delivered through the network. However, such restriction shall not be applicable on blackout days.
  • Only valid codes associated with the network of those entities with whom agreements have been signed by the Access Providers shall be allowed in the network.

TRAI issues Directions on blocking of bulk international SMS.pdf

• Like 1

i was tired of the hypercity sms i was getting weekly from the UK [+44?] code

The business houses will longer have to worry about the limit of 200 SMS per day per SIM to inform the customers about their services as Telecom Authority of India (TRAI) on Wednesday decided to exempt machine to machine and person to machine messages from the limit of 200 SMS per day per SIM.

TRAI took this decision after business houses and other stake holders expressed their apprehensions that because of the limit of the 200 SMS per day per SIM imposed by TRAI on September 27 last year, they would not be able to “send machine to machine and person to machine SMSs which are sent by them to initiate process or application for their operational requirements.”

“TRAI has duly considered such representations and has excluded all machine to machine and person to machine messages from the limit of 200 SMS per day per SIM”, said A. Robert J. Ravi, Advisor, TRAI in a statement.

He said that TRAI had sought clarifications from various companies regarding delivery of information through SMS related to services or maintenance provided by them to their customers and the decision is in line with these the clarifications received from their representations.

“Such services include providing details of driver or taxi on booking of Radio Taxi, tentative date of delivery of goods, tentative date of attending complaint, contact details of person attending the complaint etc”, he said.

• Like 1

a day before yesterday

i had registed for some promo activity, and after submitting form immeditaly got response that this number is in NDNC list, so couldnt receive call,

so further i had given mdn of newly purchased sim, whose dnd was not active,

so after 2 hrs got call from same company,

and number displayed as 1409YYXXXX,

so after checking website found that telemarker were given new series of number.

1409 represent call is made by some tele-caller

YY represnt operator name and circle name

XXXX represent calling number.

• Like 1

^

If you are using Android phone, block these calls with the application Mr.Number (free in the market). You can block any number starting with 140, or 0140. That's its advantage.

• Like 1

it doent take more than 7 days to activate DND,

no problem with those call for just 7 days

• Like 1

I used to get sms from my principals and my bank totaling five msg per day. In the recent days I am getting more and more unwanted sms than earlier. So many msg from numbers with prefixes like YD, RD, LM, YM, RM are bombarding me daily. What is the meaning of these prefixes?. Is there any way to black list or block these senders?

• Like 1

^

Dear Saket, my experience says calls from numbers starting with 0140 override DND. So, DND will not come to your help. Selective blocking is the solution.

Dear Thilakan, you can block these bombarding SMS having all these pre-fixes can effectively be blocked with software. Go for Mr. Number (market link given) and block them. Blocking criterion can be a prefix.

Delhi High Court Removes 200 SMSes Per Day Limit

Source

NEW DELHI: The Delhi High Court today set aside the cap of 200 SMSes per day sent through a mobile phone SIM for personal communications but upheld the curb on unwanted commercial SMSes saying they infringed the "equally" important right to privacy of "unwilling recipients."

"We are, therefore, of the opinion that the impugned provision (of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) insofar as it covers non-UCCs (Unrestricted Unsolicited Commercial Communications) SMS in the present form as it exists, infringes the freedom of speech of the citizens.

"And the conditions imposed upon the freedom of speech is not reasonable which would be protected under Article 19 (2) (which deals with reasonable restrictions of freedom of speech) of the Constitution," a bench of Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw said.

The bench, however, made a distinction for unsolicited commercial calls and said that the restriction imposed by the Trai on them was valid.

"We have already pointed out that the Trai has found that UCC calls and SMSes were interfering with the personal lives of the individuals as often telemarketers would call them up for selling their products. All such calls sere unsolicited, since the receiving party does not want to receive such calls or messages.

"These UCC messages disturb the recipients, intrude into their privacy, and impose a cost in terms of the time and efforts. In fact, they infringe the equally importance rights of the unwilling recipients," it said.

Partly allowing the petition of Anil Kumar, secretary of NGO Telecom Watchdog, the court, however, granted liberty to Trai "to come out with more appropriate regulations for regulating unsolicited non-UCCs SMSes that could meet the test of reasonableness under the Constitution."

Has any operator relaxed the 200 sms limit as yet?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

When trai reduced the per day sms limit to 100, Vodafone promptly reduced the limit. But then trai increased the limit to 200,but Vodafone still hasn't increased it. For 27 rupees you can still only send 100 sms everyday. So I don't think operators will be in any hurry to increase the limits.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Now TRAI has placed the limit of 100 SMS per day per SIM. You are still free to send more but any SMS beyond 100 will be charged at a minimum rate of 50 Paisa per SMS.
  • The lodging of a UCC complaint through SMS has been made easier. Now the complaint can be lodged through SMS by simply forwarding the UCC SMS to 1909 after appending the telephone number and date of receipt of the SMS.

Press rel. tenth amendment_5NOV2012.pdf