Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Vodafone 3G Update

Press Trust Of India

Mumbai, October 21, 2010

Vodafone Essar said it will spend around $ 500 million on its networks to roll out the third-generation (3G) services, which the country's second largest GSM operator hopes to do so commercially by the first quarter of next year. With a soft launch in Mumbai on Thursday, Vodafone has become the second private telco in the country to showcase 3G services after Reliance Communications did last month. The state-run BSNL and MTNL are already offering this premium service from early this year.

"We will go for good coverage and will launch (3G) city by city in the first quarter of the next year. Because we are sure that we don't want to offer a patchy service. Our approach is to give our customers a world-class experience and hence we will launch when a significant part of the cities is covered by our 3G network," its managing director and chief executive Marten Pieters said.

"We are taking time to launch here because we have learnt from our experience in Egypt and South Africa that a patchy offering will not work. Hence we are looking at investing $ 400-500 million to upgrade our networks," Pieters said, adding the company plans to complete rolling out 3G services in all its circles by the end of the first quarter of 2011.

“Our approach is to give our customers a world-class experience and hence we will launch when a significant part of the cities is covered by our 3G network,'' said Mr. Pieters. “The introduction of 3G technology will be the catalyst for data revolution in India. Vodafone has been successful in delivering 3G services to many developed and emerging markets and we will be utilising our global expertise to offer an enhanced 3G experience to our customers in India,'' he said.

Vodafone Essar was also talking to other operators such as Bharti Airtel and Idea Cellular for arrangements to offer 3G services beyond the nine areas, Mr. Pieters said.

Last week, the company had named Nokia Siemens Networks and Ericsson as its 3G equipment suppliers.

Vodafone has 3G licences in nine circles (if Chennai and Tamil Nadu circles are taken together) of the 22 circles, including the four metros. The company had paid Rs 11,600 crore in licence fees to the government after the nearly two-month long spectrum auctions this May.

They made a point - coming first in the race to offer 3G service matters but if they offer patchy service they will lose out on goodwill and customer satisfaction. Case in point - Tata DOCOMO. They should focus on perfecting their 2G offering first before heavily advertising their 3G life. Here their network disappears completely for 5-10 seconds particularly while using the gprs which gets on one's nerves.

:previous: Quite the same here. Docomo 2G network definitely needs work. Facing ocasional issues with voice calls also. If their 3G is patchy, then their early offering will be worse than no offering and they will be known as a substandard network. Edited by raccoon

Vodafone-Selects-Network-Partners-for-3G-Mobile-and-Data-Services-296x300.jpg

Vodafone 3G Network Goes Live Over Places

After Airtel and Reliance (RCOM) 3G Signals in various parts of states, Now users from Noida and New Delhi telecom circle have started spotting Vodafone 3G Signals/Test Signals which acquired 3G spectrum in 10 circles – Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (E) and West Bengal.

According to the official statement by Vodafone, The operator will launch 3G Mobile and Data services in the first quarter of 2011 (expected in end of January 2011). “Our approach is to give our customers a world class experience and hence we will launch when a significant part of the cities is covered by our 3G network”, said Marten Pieters, MD, Vodafone Essar.

We’d like you to let us know if you have also come across Vodafone 3G signal in your area. Just follow the simple steps to find out if there is 3G services awaiting for you.

Get a 3G handset and go to phone settings > set Network Mode to WCDMA/UMTS > then search for Networks Manually > It is expected that u will have BSNL/Cellone/Dolphin (thats BSNL/MTNL) and Vodafone 3G if available.

Vodafone-3G-Scr000001.jpg

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

Vodafone Flags Off Dedicated 3G Webpage

Following the launch 3G Dedicated web page by Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications (Rcom) and IDEA Cellular, India’s 2nd largest GSM Mobile Service operator Vodafone Essar today flagged Off its dedicated 3G Web page.

As Vodafone is preparing grounds by launching a dedicated 3G web page giving information about its 3G offerings and also assure the its customers to get 3G broadband experience with speed better than any other wireless technology available in India today, with peak 3G speed at 21.1 Mbps on the Vodafone network as well as general awareness information like comparison of 2G and 3G services, is your mobile 3G ready etc.

On 3G Tariff Plans, Vodafone Essar said that “The 3G Tariffs will be communicated at the time of commercial launch which is expected in the first quarter of 2011; we can assure our users that our tariffs will be competitive.”

With 3G Vodafone seems to offer attractive value rich contents like, Video calling, MMS Alerts, Video Alers, faster social networking, LIVE TV, On-line HD Gaming and the list goes endless as imagination will be the key in 3G technology. To get in depth analysis of upcoming Vodafone 3G, check out this link for more details.

Vodafone-3G-Webpage.jpg

Vodafone Essar has 3G spectrum in 10 circles – Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (E) and West Bengal.

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

Vodafone is advertising 3G agressively during Cricket World Cup.... But have not announced 3G Tariffs.....

For the Curious..... There Was 3G Tariff on their Website which is now pullled down!!!! Here is the Screenshot.....

y2vqz.jpg

:previous:

Rajan bhai is really a CID...

Vodafone seems to be following Tata Docomo's footstep by unnecessarily bundling free voice minutes and SMS with 3G packs instead of offering more data allowance. Cant see any logic in that.

These are only postpaid plans. any news about prepaid?

Currently Vodafone is running free trial offer for its customers whereby they can get a feel of the service. Under this offer the customers can enjoy 3G data service on their current 2G data plans at no extra cost.

To activate the offer one need to send “ACT 3G” to 111.

Tried on my vodafone(delhi) but offer is limited for some areas only

Vodafone 3G now in 11 cities with free trial offer

Vodafone is all geared up to commercially launch its much awaited 3G service in India. It has already announced the launch of service but the tariff etc are yet to be announced. So in a way it can be taken as that commercially it is yet to take off. It’s being speculated that 3G tariffs will be revealed probably next week.

Till then Vodafone 3G is up for trial in 11 cities as has been revealed by Vodafone at twitter. So the customers in these cities can have a feel of Vodafone 3G services now. These cities are Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Surat, Gandhidham, Coimbatore, Nagpur, Lucknow & Kanpur. In order to check the availability of 3G service in any area in these cities customers can call on 116 which is a toll free help number.

Vodafone has won 3G spectrum in 9 circles namely Delhi,Mumbai,Maharashtra,Gujarat,Tamil,Nadu,Kolkata,Haryana,UP-E and West Bengal.

vodafone-3G1.jpg

It will be offering 3G services like video calling, mobile tv, high speed internet, live streaming videos, mobile apps, HD gaming, data cards and much more. But so far Vodafone has not revealed its 3G tariffs and plans although 3G experience zones in Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Gujarat circles have already been established where customers can get a taste of 3G services on Vodafone network.

3G Trial Offer :

Currently Vodafone is running free trial offer for its customers whereby they can get a feel of the service. Under this offer the customers can enjoy 3G data service on their current 2G data plans at no extra cost.

To activate the offer one need to send “ACT 3G” to 111.

Courtesy : Teleguru

I had called vodafone customer care and they told me that activation of 3G through sms is not working right now, and they are taking request for activation.

I got this reply after sending the sms for activation :

"We have accepted your request for 3G services. We are checking your device type and will get back to you within 72 hours"

Hmmm.....72 hours for checking the device ???....."FASTER...SMARTER...BETTER".... :Equivocado::Confuso::GirandoOjos::Decepcionado:

Moreover that 116 is not a Toll Free Help Number for 3G...

When i called IVR announced... This Call is chargeable at 50 Paise Per 3 Minutes...Held the call for 15 Minutes without Answer and hung up Equivocado.gif

Edited by rajanmehta

^^^

Rajan Bhai, I too called 116, and CC guy told me that they have no information of this Trial Service. LOL !

No Faster....No Smarter....No Better ! :Equivocado::Decepcionado:

I just now sent the sms and got the same reply as stated by kamal bhai lets see what vodafone comes with (newer way to loot us in name of 3g)

I got 3G activated on my vodafone no. in less than an hour. And here is my speed-test result

1186242492.png

Edited by tushar_163

:previous:

Are they consistently providing 1.9Mbps, in Delhi? Peaks at? Share more about it! :)

I tried by sending sms and got the reply "Sorry you are not authorised to use this service". Called CC to activate 3G and they say I don't have 3G compatible Handset(BB 9650). Another failed launch by Vodafone.

just activated 3g services on my vodafone. did it through sms.worked properly without a problem. 3g services got activated and the speeds are pretty awesome.

@ Karthik R

The speed test was done when I was tethering from my phone with laptop.

And when I downloaded a 700 kb file on my phone itself, I t got downloaded within 2 seconds.

@ rahulmalik_81

When I called customer care, they never asked me which handset I was using or anything like that, just told me that I require 3G compatible handset to use 3G services and to make video calls etc.

I even got vodafone TV activated on my phone for Rs 7 per day. There was no buffering of any kind. And there was around 3 - 4 seconds delay in telecast compared to Tatasky.

Vodafone 3g speedtest result done by one of my friend from mumbai... i dont have any other details though..post-64662-0-78784100-1299415214_thumb.p

Edited by hiteshkkk1

Vodafone 3g speedtest result done by one of my friend from mumbai... i dont have any other details though..post-64662-0-78784100-1299415214_thumb.p

410 ms is too high

at 0.10mbps Ho you gona make Video chat or Videocalls