Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Vodafone 3G Update

^^^ Yeah, same happens sometimes even with Rel HSD cards.

Downloads @ 1Mbps

Uploads @ .10Mbps

Maybe wireless is always that unreliable..

Upload Speeds in EVDO are better.... Even Ping is better... Goes as low as 80 ms... :)

iedpg6.png

just did a speed test on www.dslreports.com/mspeed . download speed of 784kbps

I got this reply after sending the sms for activation :

"We have accepted your request for 3G services. We are checking your device type and will get back to you within 72 hours"

Hmmm.....72 hours for checking the device ???....."FASTER...SMARTER...BETTER".... :Equivocado::Confuso::GirandoOjos::Decepcionado:

their 72hrs are not getting over. I wonder what clock are they using. I gave request on Feb 28th, 2011.

I tried by sending sms and got the reply "Sorry you are not authorised to use this service". Called CC to activate 3G and they say I don't have 3G compatible Handset(BB 9650). Another failed launch by Vodafone.

http://www.vodafone.in/3gworld/pages/3g_serivces.aspx?cid=mum

BB9650 is 3G ready according to Vodafone. I'm also waiting for the activation.

I tried by sending sms and got the reply "Sorry you are not authorised to use this service". Called CC to activate 3G and they say I don't have 3G compatible Handset(BB 9650). Another failed launch by Vodafone.

http://www.vodafone.in/3gworld/pages/3g_serivces.aspx?cid=mum

BB9650 is 3G ready according to Vodafone. I'm also waiting for the activation.

3G is activated on my number but i cant access it coz i live in non 3g area.

i had also send sms for activation from my frinds number..

3G was activated in 10 min.

SMS was saying validity till 10th april.

But was not showing how much data i can use in free trial.

Does anybody know how much is free usage for 3G trial

Unable to check speed and connectivity, will update soon

I am using Nokia C3 handset which does not supports 3G,so will i be able to surf T.V channels on my handset?

But was not showing how much data i can use in free trial.

Does anybody know how much is free usage for 3G trial

Dear Saket, I think you can use free trial of 3G upto the limit of what you are getting for your current Gprs pack. Example, if you are on 2 GB monthly Gprs pack, then you will be able to use 2 GB on 3G speeds instead of Edge / Gprs speeds.

But do confirm it from the CC. :)

I am using Nokia C3 handset which does not supports 3G,so will i be able to surf T.V channels on my handset?

Dear Ashish, as Nokia C3 is not a 3G handset, so you can still surf T.V. on your mobile but only on Edge Speeds i.e. upto 236 kbps maximum only. You have to subscribe to Vodafone TV for that. The quality is somewhat acceptable but not great. :) No buffering problem watching live TV on even Vodafone Edge speeds. You can have a trial pack activated for one day for Vodafone TV @ Rs.7/- for all channels (one day only) or Rs.150/- for all channels (30 days). :)

I got this reply after sending the sms for activation :

"We have accepted your request for 3G services. We are checking your device type and will get back to you within 72 hours"

Hmmm.....72 hours for checking the device ???....."FASTER...SMARTER...BETTER".... :Equivocado::Confuso::GirandoOjos::Decepcionado:

Abhi Device Check hua Ki Nahi?

Ya Fir Aap Aur Ek Yagna...Aur Havan ki taiyari kar rahe hai Vodafone ke liye? Sorprendido.gif

^^^

Sarkaar, abhi toh khud ke liye he yagn karwaana padega. :(

No reply till date from Voda ka Soda.... LOL ! :ranting:

kamal bhai thanks for the info!

Guess what i purchased this handset 2 days back assuming it supports 3G,did not care to ask mobile dealer also.

when i call on 116

CC told me u don't have sent any sms to 111, u have send sms to 141. :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Even advt flying in TV commercial says, sms need to send to 111 :P

total confused care center :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

zoo zoo goes mad er along with faster, smarter.

when I try to use Vodafone tv on my wildfire it says device not supported.

bhaiya itna hi fi mobile still not supported, what the hell

My Free 3G started but i am getting "H" indication instead of 3G on my HTC Desire HD.

I got my 3G activated in Mumbai !! Free 3G untill 11th April on existing data usage!

Vodafone has adopted the smartest marketing strategy for 3G...

It knows that the economy minded indian telecom consumer is not going to fall for costly 3G plans directly...

So this inducement of FREE 3G Taste for a Month At No Extra Cost...To Get Everyone Addicted to 3G Speeds...And hooking up them later on 3G Plans..

And We All Know how difficult it is to get rid of an addiction...habits can be changed... But ADDICTION? Smokers can vouch how difficult it is...

Beware Pals.. Those Zoo Zoo s are not so innocent as it looks in the commercial... Can cause serious dent to your bank balances...

My Free 3G started but i am getting "H" indication instead of 3G on my HTC Desire HD.

H means HSDPA which is 3.5 G (better than 3G)

when I try to use Vodafone tv on my wildfire it says device not supported.

bhaiya itna hi fi mobile still not supported, what the hell

I was also getting the same message.

I found the solution, insert your sim to a more knows (Nokia, Samsung) 3G Phone. Activate 3G and put it back in your wildfire. Worked for me by putting my Sim in Blackberry 9700. :)

Most of the new gen phones are not in Vodafone's database. :wacko:

Most of the new gen phones are not in Vodafone's database.

Oh.. Thats why they are saying "SMARTER, BETTER and faster" :rofl_200:

Further we should NOT forgot that VODA is the last one to offer 2GB GPRS @ Rs98/- and before that they provided GPRS packs around Rs250 for 100MB, which is EVEN COSTLIER THAN CDMA 1x plans...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

I am thinking of buying a Vodafone (or DCM) connection in the near future... As my primary phone... any suggestions/issues, that one knows about Medu "VADA" fone??

Edited by Greatest

I am thinking of buying a Vodafone (or DCM) connection in the near future... As my primary phone... any suggestions/issues, that one knows about Medu "VADA" fone??

MenduVODA is giving very good offer for Port-in customer in mumbai

rental 299-800 mins,200 sms free,Rs.99-2GB, 0.30 paise after free usage. but in prepaid Vodafone are doing refugee type relation with port-in customer, they are not allowed to dial C.C. no. more then 4 times in a month, no e-recharge is possible etc.... so go for postpaid only.

where is the 299 plan? I see a 399 plan with these details. I'm looking for this. Can I get the name of this scheme? I'm looking for Bombay circle.

Edited by vishalsheth

@kepal,

thats a good plan.. lets see if they have something for gujjuland...