Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

Writing Indian Rupee Symbol - Rs

I'm requesting the mods of the forum to do something so that we can use our Rupee symbol while writing a post.

As we are not writing through HTML editor, API or javascript designed for inserting Rupee symbol in the post is not easy.

Please make some menu to help us using the Rupee symbol.

• Like 2

I found in some website that while typing " Rs. " it will automatically change to Rupee symbol.

SOUGATA

good thought

I found in some website that while typing "Rs." it will automatically change to Rupee symbol.

You are right, but it will show only on your system. Unless the other computer also has the same Rupee font as on your system.

I am currently using for the last about 1+ months, the font from "Rupee Foradian".

@ Mods/Admins,

Maybe in the list of fonts, if the rupee font is added, it will work.

I found in some website that while typing "Rs." it will automatically change to Rupee symbol.

You are right, but it will show only on your system. Unless the other computer also has the same Rupee font as on your system.

I am currently using for the last about 1+ months, the font from "Rupee Foradian".

@ Mods/Admins,

Maybe in the list of fonts, if the rupee font is added, it will work.

I was about To Post exactly same contents

May be we can have a smilee of the rupee symbol

here we go...

Rs. !!!

If you do not see the symbol above then make sure that you clear your browser cache or Hard Refresh (normally Ctrl + F5)

To type the symbol, just type R s. (without the space between R and s)

• Like 4

Works. Thanks a lot

nice... :D

Rs

I wanted to see whether it is working for me or not. Because in Arun's post it is showing and in Tanveer's post also it is showing but I cannot see when I'm writing as Arun has guided and clicking on the 'Preview Post' button. Also these days, I cannot just try a post and if not required, delete the post. The 'delete' option for a post has been withdrawn. I don't know why.

Can anyone tell what wrong I've committed? I have written a capital 'R' and a small 's' with no gap in between; and then I've put a '.' there. Why in my case the symbol doesn't get generated?

I've cleared the cache and also tried Ctrl+F5 but with no avail.

I'm on Vista Business on my laptop where I could not load Rupee Foradian font. I use that font on other computers on word processors and spreadsheets. But here in Arun's and Tanveer's post I'm able to see the symbol, but not in my post.Please help.

Rs.

@sougatadc: Can you type just the R s character (without space) in the reply (nothing else) using the "Fast Reply" option for a test?

I am trying one with a dot after Rs. and without dot here Rs

Rs

initialy its working for me....

after edit my post it shows Rs

BTW, thanks to the WebRupee team for their quick support; I was able to make the font size a bit bigger so that it would display the symbol clearly. I got a response from them to my email question within 30 minutes flat! Thanks again for providing the Web API service. :thumb:

@sougatadc: Can you type just the R s character (without space) in the reply (nothing else) using the "Fast Reply" option for a test?

Yes, it is working.

Thanks a lot Arun.

I think you modified further, so it is working. I edited my post number 11 a few times. But now it is showing that the post hasn't been edited ever. Anyways, thanks again.

What a speedy response and change!!! Thanks!!

+1For Arun

Edited by rajanmehta

Thanks for Rs symbol

sivashankkar

I dont see any rupee symbol in this thread. All Rs. Or I am getting it wrong?

Let me check Rs 99/-

Edited by rbdhoot

Let me check Rs 99/-

I see only Rs 99/. Is there anything wrong with my system?

Edited by thilak.kmb