Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Vote For The Best Web Browser!

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you consider the best?

• Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Other [please mention]

i luv chrome, it is CRISP & FAST.

but not all the applications run smoothly in chrome, so at that time i have to depend on IE.

IE9 beta is not all bad, IE9 is always a substitute.

I.E 8 for me

ff hands down..though some indian bank sites dont get ff to comply with their pages..thy require IE no matter whtever u do..but still u can customize ff to behave in IE way which makes me love ff...

ff has a deep seated problem of huge RAM consumption but still with all tht baggage some overload on system is bound to rise...

but overall w.r.t every aspect ff wins hands down ...

I feel FF is the best

Firefox

Chrome for speed. Firefox for secure payment portals. But for everyday usage I would prefer Chrome.

With IE9, MS has taken away the only reason it was a default choice for several websites, Compatibility. Several websites now need to be viewed in compatibility mode else appear quite bad in IE9, or worse don't function as it should. I have come across so many sites that I had to press the compatibility button for a better performance, that there is no use of keeping a count also.

Edited by Harshal

Opera for me. And for the second option its always Firefox. :)

Nothing suprising to note that IE have fared miserably here also. So long micro$oft :P

Not a single vote going it IE

Chrome.. chrome !

But as rightly pointed out by others, issues while banking....

Chrome.. chrome !

But as rightly pointed out by others, issues while banking....

^_^ Not only banking ones but for all Govt. of India departments IE is necessary.

Some solace can be found in Indian railway webite where they have stated that the site is 'Best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution with Internet Explorer 5.0 or Mozila Firefox 3.5 and higher'

anytime CHROME

New IE9 Build Tops JavaScript Benchmarks (Without Cheating)

Microsoft have just released a new build of the IE9 Platform Preview and they’ve been working hard on JavaScript performance. This appears to have paid off as it puts their new broswer miles ahead of the current competition in terms of performance.

Windows 7 UtilitiesWindows 7 SecurityWindows 8Windows 8 News.You are here: Home » Windows 7 News » New IE9 Build Tops JavaScript Benchmarks (Without Cheating)

New IE9 Build Tops JavaScript Benchmarks (Without Cheating)

[0] November 18, 2010 | Mike Halsey Microsoft have just released a new build of the IE9 Platform Preview and they’ve been working hard on JavaScript performance. This appears to have paid off as it puts their new broswer miles ahead of the current competition in terms of performance.

Looking at the graph (above) it’s nearest competitor, Firefox 3.6 is a very long wa behind in terms of performance. Microsoft have also improved more features and should ou want to see for ourself you can download the (interface-less) version from the IE test drive website.

I sa in the headline that they achieved this without cheating as blogger Ed Bott has reported that some people simply don’t like the idea of Internet Explorer or Microsoft being better at anthing than the competition, and so are spreading unfounded rumours that are specifically intended to wind up the anti-Microsoft brigade. Here at Windows7News we know better and will only report the truth.

The result is extremel impressive and LiveSide is saing that it’s 345% better than the IE9 preview build we saw at PDC. It just goes to show what can be done when graphics hardware is properly utilised, you processors on our graphics chip are far better and faster at pure number-crunching than a standard PC processor will ever be. We can expect more software houses and more applications to take advantage of the hardware accelleration technologies in Windows Vista and Windows 7 in the years to come.

source :: http://www.windows7news.com/2010/11/18/ie9-build-tops-javascript-benchmarks-cheating/

post-6930-0-76034400-1290103157_thumb.pn

I have voted for FF.. But for slow connections, I use Opera with Turbo-enabled... (Means OperaMini for desktops).. So the second vote for Opera...

Firefox, simply the best.

firefox best overall.

chrome

Firefox

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Please use the voting system to say chrome or firefox instead of replying that in the topic, unless you have some reason/comment to say for your choice in the reply.

• Like 2

^^^

Or may be from Microsoft Employees. :P