Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Wonderful review. But only I can envy it, coz I'm with Tata.

lol @muffi... har aadmi ki aadat alag alag hoti hai yaar.... samjha karo... thats the beauty of android, you can have endless customisations, or stick to the ones u like best...

BTW, Epic is growing on me so fast, I really thank you for having pushed me to it...

@others - I am updating my previous page/s also side by side as I keep discovering new features (like the beautiful smart dialling option, which I though was the forte of HTC only... but Samsung has done a 2 thumbs up job)

^^^

Dhirajbhai Itani tarif mat karo lene ka dil ho jata hai.

^

I am giving as unbiased review as possible; see my quircks and dislikes also (on previous page)... no single handset can be perfect, but overall this pretty much is the best handset in the world as on date... also hope we all see 3G/evdo on all these handsets also soon...

Edited by dkaile

Some screenshots just taken -

The Home Screen, Ndrive homescreen, Feed and Updates from both Twitter and Facebook (like HTC's Friends Stream), The Apps Screen

post-18748-010598600 1288355432_thumb.pn post-18748-094305200 1288355434_thumb.pn post-18748-016784800 1288355446_thumb.pn post-18748-087840300 1288355452_thumb.pn

The Dialler Screen, The Smart dialler Option (Note the tab on the right showing no. of contacts found corresponding to the numbers/alphabets typed), The Calendar,

post-18748-015551900 1288355456_thumb.pn post-18748-071895300 1288355458_thumb.pn post-18748-029017600 1288355460_thumb.pn

Desk Home (Day & Night Mode); The Music Player

post-18748-059060200 1288355468_thumb.pn post-18748-016918100 1288355477_thumb.pn post-18748-043035600 1288355481_thumb.pn

Google Navigation, Camera, Car Home Screen, Buddies Now (Favourite Contacts)

post-18748-059038700 1288355815_thumb.pn post-18748-052752900 1288355830_thumb.pn post-18748-061902100 1288355846_thumb.pn post-18748-018643800 1288355862_thumb.pn

Inbuilt Task Manager, Gallery (Plays Movies directly; Note the 5.1 surround compatibility via headphones), Device Information, SD Card Information (16 GB)

post-18748-004581800 1288355864_thumb.pn post-18748-019173400 1288355884_thumb.pn post-18748-005249000 1288355886_thumb.pn post-18748-092612600 1288355887_thumb.pn

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Some screenshots just taken -

The Home Screen, Ndrive homescreen, Feed and Updates from both Twitter and Facebook (like HTC's Friends Stream), The Apps Screen

The Dialler Screen, The Smart dialler Option (Note the tab on the right showing no. of contacts found corresponding to the numbers/alphabets typed), The Calendar,

Desk Home (Day & Night Mode); The Music Player

Google Navigation, Camera, Car Home Screen, Buddies Now (Favourite Contacts)

Inbuilt Task Manager, Gallery (Plays Movies directly; Note the 5.1 surround compatibility via headphones), Device Information, SD Card Information (16 GB)

(Kept my reply to plain vanilla mode to ensure quicker page load)

A picture speaks a thousand words and nothing could prove it better than this post by you Dhirajbhai.

Now I'm just waiting for the weekend to get over. Probably the first time I've wished the week had no Saturday and Sunday. :Riendo:

Edited by Anupe

Just got info from my friend who is samsung distributor here... EPIC is coming to india in couple of weeks officially with TATA/Reliance at price as low as 17-19k...

Is it true??

Also check this link here...

http://www.gadget18.com/mobiles/samsung-epic-4g-india-price/

If this is true, then lets hope to get LEGAL & EASY way to get CDMA smartphone with EVDO...

Just got info from my friend who is samsung distributor here... EPIC is coming to india in couple of weeks officially with TATA/Reliance at price as low as 17-19k...

Is it true??

Also check this link here...

http://www.gadget18.com/mobiles/samsung-epic-4g-india-price/

If this is true, then lets hope to get LEGAL & EASY way to get CDMA smartphone with EVDO...

it is impossible that epic will be at a price range of 17k. because it's GSM brother available in 27k & lacks slide out qwerty keyboard & camera flash.

^^ This looks like a breaking news!! Any Reliance insider to confirm this!!

That is plain BS news

there is no EPIC 4G coming on reliance

Why would reliance/tata get epic 4G where they are FAR FAR FAR away from 4G. whats the point to pay premium for 4G when you can never use it (not in the span period you wud be using official epic).

Why Tata or reliance will launch 4g mobile.... :GirandoOjos:

till date they (reliance) are not able to provide any update to 2.2 or even 2.1 on much awaited, first ever official android handset samsung i899.. how can we expect EPIC from them.. that too on such a low price..

In the below link our INCREDIBLE is mentioned just 15.5k in INDIA. :Ohhhh: ..wanted to know when it was released in India !!! even HTC official didnt know that :Confuso:

My link

^

Don't go by 'Coming soon' of these sites... As mentioned, it is all BS.

There once once a 'Coming Soon' for a mobile called Olive VG-1 link --> http://www.newtechnology.co.in/olive-vg1-price/

If you notice the first post was posted in Jan 2010. Now its almost Nov 2010 and still no news whatsoever or any clarifications of any kind.

So don't go by these sites.

Furthermore, Reliance in the past has always been over-pricing its handset... there is no way that this will be launched in 17-19k. I will be really surprised if they do !

There is no no no way EPIC is even been tested on Reliance , launch is still far away

^

Don't go by 'Coming soon' of these sites... As mentioned, it is all BS.

There once once a 'Coming Soon' for a mobile called Olive VG-1 link --> http://www.newtechnology.co.in/olive-vg1-price/

If you notice the first post was posted in Jan 2010. Now its almost Nov 2010 and still no news whatsoever or any clarifications of any kind.

So don't go by these sites.

Furthermore, Reliance in the past has always been over-pricing its handset... there is no way that this will be launched in 17-19k. I will be really surprised if they do !

no yaaar....who wil go by !!! i posted thsi to understand that guy that these r not real....

Arrey thread hijack ho gaya hai. Please stick to posting relevant things like reviews, pros and cons of the EPIC on this thread. All other news/ rumours should not be on this.

Android OS 2.2 Upgrade for Samsung Epic 4G, Captivate, Vibrant, Fascinate Available by the End of November

New in Android OS 2.2 (Froyo)

The latest version of Google's mobile operating system is required for devices to run Adobe Flash Player 10.1, which allows the web browser to fully make use of websites that use Flash for navigation, games, and showing video.

This Android OS 2.2 upgrade also contains a number of other enhancements, such as faster performance thanks to a new JIT compiler and the ability to store applications on a removable memory card.

In addition, this system software upgrade will include a fix for a bug that sometimes causes the Galaxy S models to be unable to get a GPS lock.

Also Note - Samsung is World's 2nd largest Mobile Phone Manufacturer; while iphone has grown to 4th place leaving behind Blackberry and Sony. Nokia though no.1 is steadily loosing its market share.

Nokia maintains its rank at the top with 110.4 million unit shipments. Samsung placed second with shipment of 71.4 million handsets while LG Electronics placed third with 28.4 million unit shipments. Apple seized 4.3 percent share of the cell phone market worldwide with 14.1 million shipments of handsets from July to September. The figure represents doubled quantity of shipments during the same period of last year.

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

That's a gr8 news for Epic Users

^

Especially good news because even with 2.1 the EPIC is as fast as the Incredible on 2.2.... Now just imagine what 2.2 will do to the speed of Epic... :Sorprendido:

Everything you wanted to know about EPIC - (Specs, Rooting process, Recovery, ROMs, Themes etc.) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Samsung_Galaxy_S/SPH-D700

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

All you ANGRY BIRDS fans -

angrybirds290x105.jpg

Angry Birds Sounds (search by this name) is now available in the Market to set as ringtone and notifications. Download and enjoy. and its FREE....

It sure is damn funny... some sound suggestions for notifications - slingshot stretched, TNT, Bird Select, wood rolling, halloween laugh (funny)

Ringtone - Title Theme

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

+1 Dhirajbhai for xda link. I'm chomping at the bit already! :jumpy::Sorprendido::Riendo: