Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

is there any way simple way to install apps on the SD card, like we use to do it on winmob,

when downloading from market it is getting directly installed on main memory, i think :Equivocado:

or is there any simple desktop utility where we can specify to install the app on sd card

have googled but on XDA.. suggest only if the phone is rooted on certain roms

is that the only way !!

Thanks

Edited by satishdave

I think 2.2 allows that. So you will have to wait for Froyo or root your phone. Those are the only 2 ways to place apps on SD.

@ DK how is 2.2 any comments and review your first hand exp on it.

As I mentioned previously, I have reverted back to 2.1 and will wait for a stable release; I was already using 2.2 on Incredible, and it was pretty good on that though you wont feel much visual difference. I am already using LauncherPro Plus which gives quite many features of froyo on 2.1 and I just miss the apps to sd feature; anyways actual OTA is just around the corner for Epic too, though Samsung's software deptt. does lag in front of HTC's...

@satishdave - use Ndrive as posted by Kshah elsewhere on Rimweb; use search button...

Edited by dkaile

can any one give me modem (Bin or MD5 or ZIP) for version DJ17, I found it the best radio. But some how I deleted and unable to recover.

^

do u mean DK17?

No DJ17 it was posted on xda, I downloaded modem.bin and updated modem. Later on arrival of DK17, I deleted modem.bin

I redownloaded again today but unable to flash phone with the same. I can downgrade radio up to DG07 but not DJ17.

It gave me best battery and gps latch speed.

update : Dhiraj is right, it was DK not DJ, sorry.

Edited by kshah

Any app that can read SMS's aloud (through speakerphone) while driving. Have tried drivesafe.ly and vlingo neither worked for me.

@kshah - did u do a clean wipe when upgrading to dk28? also did you use zip file or odin method?

@kalpak - waiting for ur reply mate...

Here's a good Froyo rom by an Indian Developer "ahmgsk" from Thane (I presume he is also a Rimweb member) - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=859782 Its based on DK28

Good to see him on xda; encourage him guys...

Edited by dkaile

who do u think it is eh ;-p

^

ur guess is as good as mine.. ;)

He's said in one of the posts on xda that he is member here, but not that active.

^^

ahmgsk's a veteran on xda I presume.. has plenty of GSM ROMs he's cooked for xda community

Is there a way to prevent the "Gallery" from indexing all locations on SD card. Some folders you might just not want to see there for obvious reasons... dirty minds... well that too. But then there are these game folders etc that have jpgs/pngs that you don't want to see in the gallery.

Samsung undecided about Gingerbread on Galaxy S, Google says hardware needs 'similar' to Froyo

However -

Update: And now, in typical Samsung fashion, we're getting mixed messages as its Indian mobile arm has come out and confirmed that "Gingerbread will be available to Galaxy S users." Thanks, Shrinikketh!

So, Expect Gingerbread on Epic 4G too....

Edited by dkaile

Is there a way to prevent the "Gallery" from indexing all locations on SD card. Some folders you might just not want to see there for obvious reasons... dirty minds... well that too. But then there are these game folders etc that have jpgs/pngs that you don't want to see in the gallery.

There is an application called hide it pro for this.

• Like 1

So, Expect Gingerbread on Epic 4G too....

Kya dhiraj bhai, abhi tak to Samsung ne stable Froyo bhi nahi nikala EPIC ke liye, aur Gingerbread ke khwab...

^

kayi baar kwab hakikat me tabdeel ho jaate hai... remember hero? it skipped 1.6 all together and went straight to 2.1; and now with gingerbread out on a "samsung", u never know...

Why, I think the Samsung EPIC 4G is superior to the latest Google boy i.e. the Google Nexus-S :

1. Same processor and nearly same screen

2. Sliding Keyboard is a big plus

3. 3.5mm and Micro USB port on top is always preferable for better docking

4. 4G support

5. Dedicated camera hardware button

6. Micro SD card support upto 32GB with 16GB bundled

7. Dedicated LED notification support

8. Metal body parts

9. Additional swype support out of the box

10. OEM Dock available as of now

We just need GINGERBREAD now, to sweeten the deal...

if am not the last guy to put this info here.. now there is a beta version of TeamViewer for use with Android & final version of the Team Viewer to release by Feb 2011 ( free for Non commercial use)

so you can access any remote computer from any where... from your android Powered Epic :Sorprendido: more info on teamviewer.com

Well, I donno if anyone else is facing these problems or not... But I definitely am and its quite pissing off!!

1) My Android market is not installing any applications/games, etc. It downloads the same and when I say install, I get a message, "A manual update is required"

2) Sometimes, the market does not even download the applications which causes further problems!

3) Can someone please tell me how to install applications on the SD card.. All that space, and can't be used to install!! Phone memory gets full, which results in the phone getting slow!

4) Any attachment in my mail can only be previewed. Further now, every time I preview, I get a message saying, " An SD card is required to view the attachment". I have checked more than once and my card is well mounted with it visible in Linda Manager, etc. For my mail purposes, I use the inbuilt Gmail application.

5)Can someone tell me how to uninstall the default Sprint applications installed...

6) Also, if we use the system updates setting, is that alright or can it cause problems since we don't use Sprint?

7) Battery of course doesn't last for more than 3/4th of a day with full data, but as Dhiraj said... these phones are to be used as laptops. Keep charging when not using.

Lot of queries, I know.. But some solutions as well please!

^

1) No such issues here; try clearing the cache in applications (posted many times, search); read here also - http://www.androidcentral.com/froyo-feature-blocking-auto-update-apps-changed-permissions http://www.droidforu...quired-how.html

2) No idea what u r talking about; seems related to 1st point

3) will be available in 2.2 onwards; be judicious in using the phone; install about 70-80 mainly used apps and delete useless ones

4) Google search this issue; never faced it; maybe you have screwed around the os too much playing around; if so, then do a factory reset; hope u r on original rom or some custom built?

5) You will need to root first for that; then search my hero topic for step by step procedure; also posted by some other members also; search search

6) should not cause any issues; I already did ota from di07 to di18 on the phone without any issues

7) battery life is fantastic for a smartphone and almost 25% more than my incredible on same usage; I get 30 hours with moderate usage and data/wifi always on; use battery saving tips (also posted elsewhere, search search)

Edited by dkaile

Ankit bhai... SEARCH is the buzzword...