Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

hi all !!!

I'm a newbie here and have very little knowledge of RCDMA service altough i use RGSM.

I'm looking forward to buy Epic 4g fro hitesh hambarde with RCDMA as i really loved the phone specs and reviews. But i have a few queries :

1> Is RCDMA service so bad that many subsribers are dumping it using MNP. Also Is it possible to use MNP to get any GSM operator for this phone if anything goes south.

2> Is there any performance or connectivity issues with this phone using RCDMA, especially using internet.

Please provide me any advice you have about this deal as i'm going fr it in next week.

thank you

dev

:previous:

1) No, it isn't that bad and many are switching so that they can get access to a wider variety of GSM handsets than CDMA handsets. Since you are getting a top-of-the-chart CDMA handset that shouldn't be a problem. No you cannot switch to a GSM operator with the same handset later.

2) I haven't heard of any issues and many I know are using it.

One biiig complaint with the Epic. The battery drains like anything. Half a day is all I get. I am always on the lookout for a recharge oppurtunity. I am a super lite phone user. May be medium data, but that's also not too much.

Does any one feel the need to keep a back up battery, I am kind a tempted in getting one after being left high and dry couple of times now.

Is nobody else facing this issue?

Harshal if you are on some custom Rom, get back to stock 2.1. It will improve battery life.

Sent from Android Device

A in the same topic I have posted abt saving battery. Epic battery if not that great

Thanks a lot Dhiraj bhai for the GPS solution. This works great on DI18

Any latest updates for Froyo? Waiting for it now. . .

@ Harshal

Dear, thats a news for me. People say HTC is having worst battery life and samsung is really good with it.

Could you please tell whats your use range? (Extreme, Moderate, Low) and your data/wifi connection use.

Could also be a reason as I have read other places, location of phone near two towers which switches from one tower to another more frequently.

Might help gurus to solve out your issues.

Uninstall all Connected Software like facebook, Twitter, skype, messengers, and so many Battyery Hogger / or CLean Wype EPIC have best life amongst all Smart phone I can confirm that with all 3 Flavour of Galaxy S, EPIC Fascinate

IMO, if data is not used, EPIC battery life is at par with ordinery phones. With data its almost twice as much of any HTC phone I used so far.

Increase the sync frequency with facebook and twitter accounts to 4-6 hours; continuous syncing with servers reduces battery;

i have disabled data connection. i generally use wi-fi connection. i have also disabled auto sync with twitter and facebook and all other apps that need data connection. i manually sync it.. i've wifi at my home also so need data only when travelling..

with this, i get more 24 hours of battery...

i have disabled data connection. i generally use wi-fi connection. i have also disabled auto sync with twitter and facebook and all other apps that need data connection. i manually sync it.. i've wifi at my home also so need data only when travelling..

Which Version you are on , all Version except DI18 creates problem with Battery

Which Version you are on , all Version except DI18 creates problem with Battery

i am on DI18.. i havent made any changes in ROM. if data is on, then battery drains fast..

This News out on the Internet Few Hours Back

Source http://www.advertise...2-2-19895.zhtml

Warning: At Your Own Risk, I am Just Sharing The News For All of You Waiting For Froyo On Your EPIC.

I Don't Know Whether This is Real. Verify

1 Weird request to developers/Gurus.

I need EPIC ROM with sense UI, is it possible?

^^^ I think Launcher PRO might do the job...

• Like 1

Yes, launcher pro "plus" (paid one) make your phone very close to sense experience and in some cases even better; I am using that on my epic instead of the default samsung rom....

• Like 1

Actually its for papa ji, and he is "use to" sense.

Dont wanna trouble him again understand whole new gui.

I am ready to donate as well.

@Dkaile, I wanted to ask. Does the paid version of the Launcher plus pro have any lag in finding contacts, doing regular things, etc?? Since it is a 'rom' on top of another 'rom', i might expect a lag somewhere...

^

none whatsoever

I saw A rom for Samsung Vibrant with sense UI but nothing yet for the Epic.