Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

upgraded to froyo... anyone else getting radio resets? this used to happen almost in a loop with almost all dk28 builds...

done flashed my epic

^^^ Have you put it on Test?...any issues...any FCs...Awaiting Comments !!

Thanks

maybe those people (anupe, dj, kshah etc.) are facing issues due to the radio update they did while flashing the DK28 update and then reverting back; any others can also give feedback on this issue especially those who havnt flashed dk28 ever...

well DK, after flashing dk28, i reverted back to di18 modem and things worked normally... so as far as that goes, we're standing similarly

still no issues atall will publish if i face something which has to be discussed.

done flashed my epic

^^^ Have you put it on Test?...any issues...any FCs...Awaiting Comments !!

Thanks

No problems as of now on my dad's epic. Loving Froyo. . .

seems like i got a fair share of rimweb's bugs hehe

Flashed using 'update.zip' on rooted DI18. Rooted using one-click-2.5. No problems seen, everything works fine, also definite improvement in GPS is seen.

Edited by ananth001

Flahsed on more then 7 device no Issue all was DI18 i used Full Flash .tar.md5 via ODIN and Never used Backup and Restrore from Titanium or BackupPro

Non of of people using Multiple Sync on Multiple devices for contact sync

Multiple Sync = Fail

Microsoft Exhcnage with Stric Password Policy = Fail

Corrupted Contact Book = Fail

the same contact book working on di18 goes kaput on eb13? and this leading to radio reset...

Was on stock Eclair and now to stock Froyo, no issues till now!

Was on CMW3 and EXT4 Bonsai ROM, now updating EB13..will update soon about its working

Mine froyo is working great, sycn. 2 gmail accounts and 3 hotmail accounts and 1 aoll. everything is working perfectly and better than eclair.

Updated to Froyo EB13 - rooted using 2.5 - flashed with Deoxidized EB13 - Rooted with CWM3 - converted to EXT4 - installed EXT4 Kernel. Till now everything works perfect, GPs, contacts and all..Will watch for 24hrs and will update !

Just updated to Froyo, with the samsung exe file and restored all apps via titanium. The phone has definitely become faster and more responsive. But have noticed a few problems

1) The signal drops suddenly ( maybe radio rebooting) and the phone just hangs when it comes back. This lasts for about 20-30 seconds and after its starts working, the default wallpaper gets restored and the phone refuses to connect to wifi unless its manually switched on and off.

2) If you check in the battery usage the signal shows a very high percentage of no signal time. ( have tried the old airplane mode thing, but not sure whether is working or not)

Just updated to Froyo, with the samsung exe file and restored all apps via titanium. The phone has definitely become faster and more responsive. But have noticed a few problems

1) The signal drops suddenly ( maybe radio rebooting) and the phone just hangs when it comes back. This lasts for about 20-30 seconds and after its starts working, the default wallpaper gets restored and the phone refuses to connect to wifi unless its manually switched on and off.

2) If you check in the battery usage the signal shows a very high percentage of no signal time. ( have tried the old airplane mode thing, but not sure whether is working or not)

updated with the Samsung exe file and getting the sam problem. Signal drops suddenly and hangs for awhile and coming back with same symptoms.

Sivashankkar

Had the same problem, but it was solved after a soft reset. Try that

bluetooth seems to be giving troble in froyo keeps on losing connection with the headset.

Had the same problem, but it was solved after a soft reset. Try that

Tried doing that but still having those occasional hangups with loss of signal and blackout of the screen. Will try to do repeat wipe and install in the evening and see if it fixes the problem. Some people have reported similar problems on xda also, but no cause or solution yet.

Has the stock browser become more choppy with frequent checkered screen after the update or is it only me.

I believe eclair DI18 is far far better than froyo.

So I guess, its safer to stick to Eclair till a more stable version comes out, right?

Isn't that tragic. This has been something we have ben waiting for and now all this nataq. I hope CM and miui take their bit out of this nd we can sai bye to samsung for sw

Froyo IMO do not add much to user experience excpet memory card access speed and few other improvements like apps2sd (not very much necessary with 512 MB rom) or colorful UI.

Benchmarking wise froyo was slower than eclair. I have checked it on epic and motorola droid 2.

I have removed quick settings after that it seems to be stable.