Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

uninstalled quick setting, formatted SD card, tried reinstalling froyo with "clean install".. no luck and fed up with it..

back to original DI18..... no point in continuing with Froyo as it restarts as when it feels so...

Edited by csmart

hey i think i have hit it just need a few hours to check the consistency , but i think its gonna work this time.

shall update within a few hours if AAL IS WELL wink.gif

^^^ ME ME ME...

Stable, except for a known issue of no notification sounds...

Is there anyone who is having stable EB13 version ?

It's working like a charm for me ,post update via 'update.zip'. Only isue I had was with the orientation, which got corrected with horizontal calibration. Oh yeah.... there's one issue - stock browser s**ks big time with the chequered background, and buggy response while scrolling.

^^^ ME ME ME...

Stable, except for a known issue of no notification sounds...

Tried with any other applications for increasing notification sound.

nope... are there apps to increase notification sounds?? lemme know and ill install them and report back...

Use ringdroid and try to use other customized sounds apart from the stock ones.

hey i think i have hit it just need a few hours to check the consistency , but i think its gonna work this time.

shall update within a few hours if AAL IS WELL wink.gif

Any updates!!!! did u solve the reboot problem. I am very happy with my froyo except for these reboots specially when they happen while u want to make a call.

@harismahesh , has flashing the deodexed rom solved the reboot issue for you?

Found a useful trick: If you sweep left on the recent call log it directly calls the person and if you sweep right it goes to messaging.

@doc_anurag thnx for the tricks..

m also waiting for others feedback.. how u solved it. i read on one of the forums that formatting SD card works. but id did not had any luck.. samsugn says, hard reset. but tht also didnt help...

bug in froyo: if u are entering a password, then the last character is shown till u enter next or take any other action. this happens when u have "visible password" option on. earlier, it was hidden automaticaly after displaying for few milliseconds..

I have noticed that when the phone hangs up after a signal loss it transiently ( may be less then a sec) it goes into roaming mode ( the warning triangle comes on, and if the roaming guard is on it flashes), Can it be a issue with some programming parameters or with the PRL. Gurus pls comment if possible.

It may be worthwhile to for people having this issue to compare notes( phone parameters etc) with those who are not facing it. If this thing is sorted out it makes the update more then worth it.

nope... are there apps to increase notification sounds?? lemme know and ill install them and report back...

Notification Manager will do it.

Me! I am having Super Stable. No problems whatsoever. :)

mine didnt show triangle. after loosing signal, it will show circle with cross bar and then vibrate for 2-3 times. i cant do anything till it restarts automatically.

freinds

i think froyo says ' don't want to work with anything which is connected with eclair'.

take sd card backup on pc, and than format it.

install the formated sd card and give your froyo loaded epic a hard reset .

download the required apps from the market do not use backups.

it has to work mine is working since yesterday.

mine didnt show triangle. after loosing signal, it will show circle with cross bar and then vibrate for 2-3 times. i cant do anything till it restarts automatically.

EXACTLY SAME things happens with my epic too after update froyo. &when this happen while i am on call .. it is very irritating.

Other than this issuue Every thing else is simply fine in comparision to Eclair..infact i am waiting for some solution (or) shall roll back to Eclair Stock Rom which was also Splindid...& will think & take it for granted that Samsung has never ever released this froyo update....Old is Gold :Contento:

Edited by satishdave

Try flashing the prl .

EXACTLY SAME things happens with my epic too after update froyo. &when this happen while i am on call .. it is very irritating.

Other than this issuue Every thing else is simply fine in comparision to Eclair..infact i am waiting for some solution (or) shall roll back to Eclair Stock Rom which was also Splindid...& will think & take it for granted that Samsung has never ever released this froyo update....Old is Gold :Contento:

freinds

i think froyo says ' don't want to work with anything which is connected with eclair'.

take sd card backup on pc, and than format it.

install the formated sd card and give your froyo loaded epic a hard reset .

download the required apps from the market do not use backups.

it has to work mine is working since yesterday.

i did it.. i had made image of my SD card. then while loading back it started the error... may be that might be issue...

tried it again... no luck.. infact while copying pix from PC to phone it restarted the same old way...

Edited by csmart

Tried HariSMahesh's suggestion as well ... no luck ... phone still reboots .. like there's no tomorrow :(

guys having reboot problem can try supernova rom available at xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=873347

before flashing this rom a word of advice, use odin to flash stock DI18 and then

use odin to flash stock EB13. after that flash supernova rom over it.

the process of flashing the stock rom is given in the following thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=963652

use the second method amongst the three explained there.

and do a nandroid backup before doing anything

Edited by dantool

i was wrong nothing is ok i am getting even worst with the bad one. ph started rebooting after 15 min of update and the worst thing is that it keeps on rebooting continously without break. i had remove the battery now to stop this irritating reboot. in mine its showing triangle goes in roaming mode and reboots.any stable solution for this horrible update?????????

i was wrong nothing is ok i am getting even worst with the bad one. ph started rebooting after 15 min of update and the worst thing is that it keeps on rebooting continously without break. i had remove the battery now to stop this irritating reboot. in mine its showing triangle goes in roaming mode and reboots.any stable solution for this horrible update?????????

I'd rather roll back to DI18 Now, as i have waited for quite few days since update & this horrid issue of Reboot.

So,once you are on the Stock Rom you can wait till a perfect Solution appears & also be happy :Chulo: ,

expecting an update from Samsung or Sprint might be a big NO, as of now!

Try flashing the prl .

Please update how is your Epic now..any reeboots & stability issues, in Last 24 hrs

however i have not yet updated the PRL or have not done any thing to the Update yet but

the phone has not rebooted nearly since last 24hrs but there has been around 4 call drops.

:confuse:

Edited by satishdave