Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

reinstall samsung drivers. then connect your phone to your computer. make sure usb debugging is turned on.

after connecting handset, make sure to turn on USB storage option on your handset.

Mr Dantool, Thanks a lot for your help, I have sucessfully installed syndicate rom and working fine. Without your kind help I would have not done this task

Once again thanking you for guidance. Will upadate the performance tomorrow.

sivashankkar

reinstall samsung drivers. then connect your phone to your computer. make sure usb debugging is turned on.

after connecting handset, make sure to turn on USB storage option on your handset.

Mr Dantool, Thanks a lot for your help, I have sucessfully installed syndicate rom and working fine. Without your kind help I would have not done this task

Once again thanking you for guidance. Will upadate the performance tomorrow.

sivashankkar

that's great news, you are most welcome and i hope you enjoy the FROYO experience.

@dantool nice one man thanks

tried instaliing that bonsai rom but some error came in there. now on truly epic v3. hope it doesnt make those irritating reboot and is stable....

Dear Gupta,

Are you getting reset problem in truly epic v3

sivashankkar

I am getting resets. But the frequency has greatly reduced

truly epic v3

@SIVASHANKKAR

yes i m getting reboot prob 2 rebbot in aprox 5 hrs but none after that and the rom is quite stable now.will try to load the bonsai rom again tonight if it reboots again.

@dantool aplied those patches ystrdy only

thanks for the excelent quide it helped a lot.

Edited by pulkitgupta3195

Almost 5 days om truly epic, not a single reboot .

I am loving it.

GPS locking is excellent and fast.

Till now no issues at all.

official curtails on EB13... samsung pulled down updates from their site download page also.. its no longer available for download (see the screen shot).. though the link provided by Hetal is working....

so its better to stick to eclair DI18...

post-12510-0-58100200-1299245031_thumb.j

Edited by csmart

i m not as lucky as rishisuri and dantool. 4-5 reboots after my last post :angry: .it seems as if going back on DI18 is the last and only way for me to avoid these reboots :'( :'( :( . kisi ko koi solution mile to batana bhai logon......

WHICH ROM DID U FLASH

i m not as lucky as rishisuri and dantool. 4-5 reboots after my last post :angry: .it seems as if going back on DI18 is the last and only way for me to avoid these reboots crying.gif:( . kisi ko koi solution mile to batana bhai logon......

Its not fully restarting. When I checked uptime it showed 7hrs just aftr restart.. its something like restarting explorer in windows.

To check uptime, go to settimgs > about phone > status > up time (its last item in de list...)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@rishisuri truly epic v3

now for the last try to be on froyo i am on bonsai rom hope this one is stable. will update stability after some use.

Its not fully restarting. When I checked uptime it showed 7hrs just aftr restart.. its something like restarting explorer in windows.

To check uptime, go to settimgs > about phone > status > up time (its last item in de list...)

@csmart you are right, in 3 hrs there was 2 resets. But the uptime shows 4 hrs. I am running bonsai rom

sivashankkar

the ph is still rebooting, i m on bonsai rom.

and yes up time shown in mine is 20hrs and there were aprox 5 reboots in that much time.

y u guys are wasting time... no point in contiuing with froyo.. those who got it, are lucky...

Friends port back to di18 and wait for some time , i have a holiday tomorrow, so i shall update in detail step by step procedure i did to go to truly epic.

i have had not a single reboot since the time i flashed it.

i shall post it in the night as soon as i reach home.

As per conversation held with you, it needs to be on Reliance Local 001 prl, that means we can't use Truly Epic with EVDO prl loaded.

Can't get it, how can the prl cause the continuous reboot.

Dear Tarun

you can try evdo prl, i said local prl coz. as i do not have evdo activated i never used that prl.

prl has to be flashed coz. you said that you have that circle on top instead of signal bars , thats why a reliance prl has to be flashed.

As per conversation held with you, it needs to be on Reliance Local 001 prl, that means we can't use Truly Epic with EVDO prl loaded.

Can't get it, how can the prl cause the continuous reboot.

freinds i am giving here the way i flashed the truly epic rom :

1. i downloaded : Odin Eb13 extended -> it will give you recovery preinstalled

http://www.multiupload.com/6ZCARWCFVU

2. i downloaded the rom from

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=971105

Copied trulyEpic v3 to sdcard

3. Extracted the 1. to pc. started odin, put the phen in downloading mode and connected it to the pc using usb cable.

selected the .pit file in pit and extended.tar in the pda section , selected auto reboot and phone efs clear on the left and started flash.

4. after flash let the phone start, than put it on recovery pressing volume up,power and camera than imediate volume down,power and camera, the phone goes to clockworkmod recovery, wipe data/ cache and than flash the truly epic rom from sd card.

5. after the flash is completed reboot the phone.

and so now you on truly epic rom.

issues what i faced and how i solved them.

1. no signal so i flashed the rilance local 0001 prl.

2. phone started but data was not working so i used the the software provided to me by one of the guru : (thank you devAlap)

http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/307-data-provisioning-ppp-and-evdo-configuration/

made a dumo file and flashed it.

and my data was working.

3. there are a few issues in the rom for that the patches are at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=971105 post 2

after applying the patches you need to clean wipe again.

and you have a fully working truly epic without any issues at all.

sincere thanks to all the gurus who helped me in doing this.

• Like 1

the ph is still rebooting, i m on bonsai rom.

and yes up time shown in mine is 20hrs and there were aprox 5 reboots in that much time.

For me Bonsai works like a charm with Ext 4 conversion

i have been giving cyanogen mod a try and apart from its native quirks, no reboot issues at all... this is funny since its running the eb13 radio and no change to the prl either. this points more fingers then at the kernel... the answer could be in there somewhere... maybe the devs at xda could look into

Basically, EB13 needs another rom on it.... It won't work without it.... And is clear from various posts....

@ ananth001: i am not as lucky as you man..

will be going back on DI18 today.. :'( :'( :angry::angry:

I am using the eb13 modem with di18... Works well... So its all in the eb13 kernel