Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Now on Truly Epic v3 since last 4 hours as guided by Rishi ji

Not even a single reboot till now. Everything working smoothly.

+1 for rishisuri

I am back to DL30 for my fascinate with EB01 Radio..

Working good.

After installing CWM 3 with ext4 FS conversion and flashing Bonsai 3.0, I'm had difficulty in loading sdcard in mass storage mode to copy files to / from pc.

To correct this I selected USB tethering mode once and disconnected after confirming that tethering worked fine. From then on I have been able to load sdcard in mass storage mode.

No reboots or FC's for me - 'Touchwood'

GPS locks pretty fast in Froyo, also Sprint Hotspot works.

Now waiting for Gingerbread

Edited by ananth001

any idea How to flash the prl ?

check yr PM...

So what is the latest - To do or not to do!

IMO rebooting is problem of FROYO, my Droid PRO too reboots atleast once a day (Wakeful hours)

So what is the latest - To do or not to do!

i prefer to stay with DI 18 till the further news available. even samsung has pulled down OTW. besides, i do not want to go with customised ROMs which also have some or the other problem..

you can follow what rishisuri has suggested. its your choice..

Not even a single reboot since yesterday on Truly Epic v3.

Now just waiting for EVDO on my EPIC, Hetal ji, Kahan ho?

I reiterate the instability of all eb13 builds.have tried virtually all permutations in the past two days and the reset issue remains. What I figured is that the kernel is to be blamed somehow. Using eb13 radio with di18 works flawlessly. So that's what I am sticking to.

I even tried cyanogen mod, though it doesn't reboot, it has call routing issues... so pretty much irritating in the same way...

Guys Try Baked Snack 2.0 its by far the best EB13 rom.

Battery Life & no other rom is close to it in Stability.

Also try out the game called Pottery if you got kids they will love it.

Edited by farookh

Guys Try Baked Snack 2.0 its by far the best EB13 rom.

Battery Life & no other rom is close to it in Stability.

@farookh please provide link fo D/L Baked Snack 2.0. It was removed from xda

sivashankkar

Hope u guys got it.

Edited by farookh

Hi,

From yesterday I am facing CDMA call drops in my samsung epic in bangalore location. Anybody facing the same issue?? I am not sure what is the problem but from 7 pm yesterday evening, I am not able to talk.

The call connects, and then after 10 seconds, I get the CDMA: Call drop alert. I have tried in 3 different locations.

Is this a known issue, any possible solutions.

Kindly help

Regards

Guys, I am trying to access the Wifi at my workplace. However, it needs a proxy plus username and password. The problem is that the phone is not accepting the username and password, plus there seem to be no settings in the browsers to browse through proxy?

Any suggestions to bypass this?

Guys, I am trying to access the Wifi at my workplace. However, it needs a proxy plus username and password. The problem is that the phone is not accepting the username and password, plus there seem to be no settings in the browsers to browse through proxy?

it should work.. on mine its working fine since i got Epic without any problem. u need to specify the proxy server address and port. if those are fine, then when u open browser, it will immediately ask for proxy username & password.

check/follow the steps:

1 open wireless & networks > Wi-fi settings

2. press menu button and go to advanced

3. click on proxy and enter proxy server ip address. pls confirm you enter correct address

4. then click on Port and enter port address as per your proxy server. (you may have to ask your admin for this)

5. then click on menu button and click on save.

6. return to home menu

7. start browser and it should ask for proxy username and password.

8. proxy username and password and click OK or enter.. it will take you to home page.

also make sure that you are getting proper IP address from wifi router. just touch the wifi network from the list and you will get details like, network name, signal strength and IP address.

if your admin has blocked some IP or allow only specified MAC address to access then it can be a problem.

Tried that.. The username and password screens keeps popping up! Apparently this is a problem which is faced on Galaxy S by others also..

it should work.. on mine its working fine since i got Epic without any problem. u need to specify the proxy server address and port. if those are fine, then when u open browser, it will immediately ask for proxy username & password.

check/follow the steps:

1 open wireless & networks > Wi-fi settings

2. press menu button and go to advanced

3. click on proxy and enter proxy server ip address. pls confirm you enter correct address

4. then click on Port and enter port address as per your proxy server. (you may have to ask your admin for this)

5. then click on menu button and click on save.

6. return to home menu

7. start browser and it should ask for proxy username and password.

8. proxy username and password and click OK or enter.. it will take you to home page.

also make sure that you are getting proper IP address from wifi router. just touch the wifi network from the list and you will get details like, network name, signal strength and IP address.

if your admin has blocked some IP or allow only specified MAC address to access then it can be a problem.

Tried that.. The username and password screens keeps popping up! Apparently this is a problem which is faced on Galaxy S by others also..

i dont know if others have problem. also check with your network guy whether simultaneous logins allowed or not. there are many options in proxy server also. if everything is fine, then its hard to figure out. i think better have your network to look at it. he can give some idea.

Edited by csmart

From today morning I am facing a problem, when the phone is starting data is not connected, in quick setting the

mobile data connection tab is showing connecting, but never connects. Tried removing &reinstalling quick settings but no result.

All the time showing connecting. Any one pl help me to solve the problem.

sivashankkar

Edited by skssha

:previous:

Was facing the same issue. Should be resolved now. Just toggle between Airplane and normal mode. Next time you connect it should go through.

I reiterate the instability of all eb13 builds.have tried virtually all permutations in the past two days and the reset issue remains. What I figured is that the kernel is to be blamed somehow. Using eb13 radio with di18 works flawlessly. So that's what I am sticking to.

I even tried cyanogen mod, though it doesn't reboot, it has call routing issues... so pretty much irritating in the same way...

@dj can you explain how this can be done ?

sivashankkar

The process I fairly simple. Download the tar file of eb13 modem and flash it using odin. No wipes needed. Its available at xda.

For the Last two days my data is not connecting,If I press mobile data tab in quick settings, it shows connecting for ever. To come out I have to use

air plane mode, Is any body facing issue, how to come out of this ?

sivashankkar

^

this problem has got nothing to do with ur phone; all rworld usernames have been blocked permanently by reliance since last 2 days; u will have to configure ur mdn as username and pw and take appropriate data plan; dont ask me how; there are people on the forum doing it for a fee; search them and contact them.