Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

^

this problem has got nothing to do with ur phone; all rworld usernames have been blocked permanently by reliance since last 2 days; u will have to configure ur mdn as username and pw and take appropriate data plan; dont ask me how; there are people on the forum doing it for a fee; search them and contact them.

@dkaile thank you for the information. I was suspecting there may be problem with my phone.Now got clarified.

Due to data non availability, my phone with truly epic v3.0 rom not getting any reset problem for last two days.

sivashankkar

Edited by skssha

r u getting the data sign.?

^

this problem has got nothing to do with ur phone; all rworld usernames have been blocked permanently by reliance since last 2 days; u will have to configure ur mdn as username and pw and take appropriate data plan; dont ask me how; there are people on the forum doing it for a fee; search them and contact them.

@dkaile thank you for the information. I was suspecting there may be problem with my phone.Now got clarified.

Due to data non availability, my phone with truly epic v3.0 rom not getting any reset problem for last two days.

sivashankkar

r u getting the data sign.?

^

sivashankkar

@rishisuri I am not getting data sign, the mobile data tab always showing connecting but never connects.

sivashankkar

I have already discussed that issue in my post pt.no.2 of issues I faced.

2. phone started but data was not working so i used the the software provided to me by one of the guru : (thank you devAlap)

made a dump file and flashed it.

and my data was working.

2. phone started but data was not working so i used the the software provided to me by one of the guru : (thank you devAlap)

and my data was working.

So for u now the data is working ?

Yes

Data working with mdn un & pw

sivashankkar

i am also facing the same problem data not connecting .in quick settings it always show connecting but never connect... :(

Is there any App or any other way to find out whether the connection is EVDO or 1x. I have an EVDO plan enabled. However I doubt that the phone is still defaulting to 1x. Since the phone comes engaged when Data is on.

Something similar to the dialer for Tata Photon+ that clearly shows whether I am on HSIA or CDMA.

and my data was working.

i am also facing the same problem data not connecting .in quick settings it always show connecting but never connect... :(

Is there any App or any other way to find out whether the connection is EVDO or 1x. I have an EVDO plan enabled. However I doubt that the phone is still defaulting to 1x. Since the phone comes engaged when Data is on.

Something similar to the dialer for Tata Photon+ that clearly shows whether I am on HSIA or CDMA.

There is an indirect way i use. Download speed test app from the market and do a test. EVDO typically shows a ping time of 200-300ms with speed above 180kbps. 1x will show a ping of 800-900ms with speeds below 140kpbs.

• Like 1

Hi

Just wanted to know whether anyone is using the desktop dock on Epic. I am using one, and I am able to route the voice thru the 3.5mm jack of the dock to my headset. But this is only for Music. I am not able to do this for calls or movies.

Is anyone who have been using the dock, able to route the voice thru the sound output for calls and/or movies?

I am using Bonsai Rom v3.

Thanks

Arun

I have switched to ACS Syndicate ROM Frozen 1.0.1 since yesterday, it's faster than Bonsai. No issues noticed till now, except that I have lost wired tether, though wireless tether works fine. GPS too locks pretty fast.

Also there is no TouchWiz, and there are no default wallpapers. Don't know whether there's any way to get default wallpapers.

CM7 alpha has been released for Epic. Will give it a try when a more stable release comes, coz Alpha release has issues with GPS and bluetooth.

i am now on eb13 stock since yesterday evening , no issues at all no reboots till now.

i am now on eb13 stock since yesterday evening , no issues at all no reboots till now.

@rishisuri, how is your experience with eb13 stock, I am also thinking of going back to eb13. But for the last two days there is no reset at all in truly epic v3.0

sivashankkar

EB13 can be moved onto once u upload and reset ur epic through the qcn file being given out by hetal. once that is done... the radio reset issues will disappear !!

Qcn file ?

EB13 can be moved onto once u upload and reset ur epic through the qcn file being given out by hetal. once that is done... the radio reset issues will disappear !!

qcn is a qpst file extension. it is essentially a file to reset ur phone data and nam settings and bring it to an almost factory state. once done, u need to restore the nam settings from a backup taken before uploading this qcn file, and your good to go !!!

Is the file uploaded somewhere ?

qcn is a qpst file extension. it is essentially a file to reset ur phone data and nam settings and bring it to an almost factory state. once done, u need to restore the nam settings from a backup taken before uploading this qcn file, and your good to go !!!

there you go... just remove the .txt extension from the file and there u have it.

Backup your NAM via CDMA Workshop Load the Attache QCN file which will reset your MINReload NAM via backup file

EPIC.qcn.txt

Edited by Dj
  • Like 2

^

You have done it... Thanks to you and the great guruji Hetal...

Edited by dkaile

Thanks to hetal all the way... I just tested and posted it forward

Hetal is the guru of all things.

With the phone reprogrammed have been running stable on stock EB13 for the last few days.

But yesterday after i loaded the generic rworld data file again started having reboots, which appeared to have again disappeared after reverting back to netconnect.

no such issues for me. i am running eb13 since 14th

wow..guru of the gurus....salaaam Hetalji...lemme try this !