Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

ensure you first take nam backup in cw2.7. then load the file with qpst. and finally restore your nam settings that u backed up with cw2.7

so after doing this -

Go to DI18 - then to EB13 - and can root using CWM3 ????

basically u do this with di18 and upgrade to eb13 using odin there after. then root, flash as u please

so currently iam in EB13 with rebooting functionality :-) so have to downgrade to DI18 and then try..hmm ok...

actually first try on eb13 itself... i think it might work... if it doesnt then go through the downgrade upgrade cycle... which eb13 rom u using?

no such issues for me. i am running eb13 since 14th

Had been running this since the 10th with no reboots till yesterday when i loaded the rworld generic data file and started getting reboots.

I am using Bonzai Rom, but the restart happens while using online chat applications

the file gets saved as text file and qpst is not able to read it please help.

there you go... just remove the .txt extension from the file and there u have it.

Backup your NAM via CDMA Workshop Load the Attache QCN file which will reset your MINReload NAM via backup file

previous.gif You need to remove the txt from name of the file at the end. I think your have set your PC to hide extension, Go to tools, Folder options and there uncheck "hide extension of known files".

I did everything..but finally iam facing an issue..iam not able to make or receive calls. *333 is working and when i dial *228 it is teling its been already programmed. Red alert !!! Help :sos:

Edited by harismahesh

I did everything..but finally iam facing an issue..iam not able to make or receive calls. *333 is working and when i dial *228 it is teling its been already programmed. Red alert !!! Help :sos:

Did u reload the saved nam settings from cdma workshop.

yes..i did

Just check whether your MIN is loaded correctly. how about trying to load the nam again. Your radio is working correctly if you are able to call customer care, has to be an issue with the nam settings.

:previous: is the NAM generic or varies to each person ??? I tried loading again and again...but no sucess Edited by harismahesh

:previous: is the NAM generic or varies to each person ??? I tried loading again and again...but no sucess

Nam is specific to each phone it contains information which identifies the phone to the network. MIN is the number the network knows you by. Hope you had saved your nam before loading the qpst file.

• Like 1

^

he didnt read his phone and just took nam backup; so his backup doesnt contain any of his parameters like MIN etc.

• Like 1

:signthankspin::previous: Thanks a million Dkaileji..u r the saviour...really u r the savior......

Hi friends...dkaile had my MIN so he passed the nam file and my phone is back into action.

Also lots of thanks to dj, hetal and doc_anurag for helping me out from this situation.

Guys Beware : while backing up from NAM, Click READ and then only save. Else will end up like my condition. So BEWARE !!!!

I know this topic has been beaten to death in all sections of this forum, but had to ask someone!!

Had gone to Web World today and asked them about internet plans because I don't mind paying as long as its a reasonable amount... They said there is a plan for 299 with unlimited usage and no NUC charges, but which can be activated only through R world... Is it possible?

If yes, how do we access it on our Epic? And has anyone subscribed to this?

i am eb13 stock with the radio alterations done as advised by the gurus since last 6 hours, hope everything is fine.......

will give feedback.

flashed the epic.qcn file; reset nam; uploaded data dump; ready for this.... bring it on...

Is any OS upgrade (2.2 or 2.3) available officially from Samsung for Epic?

Or people using custom made roms?

HTC Evo/Encredible will get Android 2.3 upgrade officially?

Epic Android 2.3 Gingerbread alpha release is available thro Cyanogenmod. its based on a recoded Eb13 radio.

the best yet .. though the Camera / GPS does not work as of now .

Still alpha .. just installed the ROM (and removed it coz Cam is kinda very important for me :))

cheers

karki

So u mean officially it's a NO-NO from samsung.. and they are neither interested in releasing one in near future?