Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

seems the radio resetting issue is with evdo users ONLY; 1x users are going ok....

I think i can explain the resets.

I am using EVDO and not had a reset since i reprogrammed about 15 days back.

Only time i again started having them was when i flashed the Rworld generic file posted by Dhiraj.

I flashed netconnect full data nv dump and they vanished. Then to use rworld plan i made a partial rworld nv dump and flashed it over the netconnect one and was again rock steady.

Hey guys, how are you'll doing? I'm doing good with my epic on ec05. It's been good. No resets, no other issues. I also learnt that I was the frst to get update ota. As you see I'm posting from the same phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

The moment I posted the earlier message and the reset problem started.

Hona hi tha...

Finished OTa update 20 minutes ago.. so far no issues.. I'm migrating softwares onto SD card, so have not been able to run any tests per se.. will keep updating

Edit: The moment I started using data (Skype test call from 1x) the radio has reset.

When enlarging font/page in default browser, the screen displays checkerboard pattern before displaying magnification Edit 2: Have noticed that the checker board pattern is appearing only in default browser. Web pages are being rendered flawlessly in Dolphin HD browser. Also not seen the radio reset issue after first reported instance. Have been continuously using 1x data for over 90 minutes. No further glitches to report.

Edited by Anupe

Now the lafda is that I don't have a xp only machine. I'm on mac. I have xp but loading rom cannot be done. How do i get back to di18? Someone can probably send me qcn for ec05. I can then load NAM.

i am on ec05 ota since yesterday an no isuues my epic is working excellent.

actually saying it has really turned into a beast now.GirandoOjos.gifRiendo.gifChulo.gif

Now the lafda is that I don't have a xp only machine. I'm on mac. I have xp but loading rom cannot be done. How do i get back to di18? Someone can probably send me qcn for ec05. I can then load NAM.

follow this steps:

1. Download the following file and save it in your phones root directory (not any special folder) - which basically means when you use "USB storage" on your phone when it's plugged into your PC...drag the update.zip file into your phone where you see all the folders. Do NOT put it in any folder.

Donwload update.zip

2. make sure its named update.zip and nothing else. if its named something else like update1.zip, change it to update.zip

3. turn phone off

4. Hold down camera, volume down and press power.

5. Use volume down to select SDCard: update.zip

6. Press Home on the capacitive buttons to select.

7. Phone should automatically install and reboot.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO AT SOME PLACES UPDATE IS JUST 4.5MB for DI18

Edited by csmart

Is it TRUE that Android Froyo users using E$N based number programming (cl0n!ng -- Especially TataCDMA) handsets CAN NOT get access to google services like GMail/Market/Talk/Goggles/Earth/Maps??? This is very important for me...

If this is TRUE, then most TataCDMA users are strucked with Eclair only... And we can't use any new high end Android CDMA handsets in future.. (MNP is not a choice, wrt Tata tariffs and freebies)

Gurus, please clear this doubt...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

port back to di18 using odin , in odin mark the options 1) auto reboot 2) debug 3) phone efs clear and 4) update bootloader. use pit file s1_odin_20100512.pit and place di 18 tar file in pda. and flash. after flashing connect to cdma and write the ppp.txt file using nv write , flash the prl and insert your nam settings.

as soon as you do this and connect to your google account you will start recieving ota. upgrade it .

see to it that your battery is fully charged.

• Like 2

follow this steps:

1. Download the following file and save it in your phones root directory (not any special folder) - which basically means when you use "USB storage" on your phone when it's plugged into your PC...drag the update.zip file into your phone where you see all the folders. Do NOT put it in any folder.

Donwload update.zip

2. make sure its named update.zip and nothing else. if its named something else like update1.zip, change it to update.zip

3. turn phone off

4. Hold down camera, volume down and press power.

5. Use volume down to select SDCard: update.zip

6. Press Home on the capacitive buttons to select.

7. Phone should automatically install and reboot.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO AT SOME PLACES UPDATE IS JUST 4.5MB for DI18

ITS ADVISABLE TO USE 91MB file THAN THIS 4MB. b

Is it possible to root with CWM3 after updating to EC05 ? coz I'm not able to root with CWM3 from stock EC05 - once CWM 3 install completes and FS conversion completes on reboot, my phone does not boot properly next time and just vibrates with blank screen. So I had to ODIN back to DI18, update to EC05 and root with CWM 2.5.5, which is OK

Earlier when on EB13 I could do the following succesfully

1)install CWM 3.0.6

2)install dual FS kernel on reboot to recovery

3) install deodexed EB13 ROM

4) install multiple custom ROMs like ACS Frozen 1.0.2, Bonsai 3 etc

5)ODIN just the EC05 modem

But now from stock EC05 not able to boot into android after installing CWM3 - when I try to install the Bonsai 4 zip after CWM 3 , it throws error 'get prop.id'

Hello guys,

Since last 4-5 days I am getting the EC05 update notification and I am ignoring the notification by selecting "install later" .. I've been on DI18, haven't ever tried any updates or anything. I tried reading last few pages of this topic, but i guess it was very technical. Probably will read from the beginning to get a better idea.

For now, can anyone just tell me (yes/no) whether i should install the new update through the notification ? or is there any different procedure to be followed along with that ?

Thanks & sorry for my ignorance.

I have updated to EC05, after an Odin to DI18. Continuosly getting radio reset. Is there any fix for this or should I go back to DI18?

people having problems should follow rishi suri's method above in post #635 and problem should be solved.. the problem actually seems with the epic.qcn file that we have flashed (and most/none would NOT have kept a backup of their earlier qcn)

+1 to rishi suri for sharing...

Edited by dkaile

Thank u dk

But I'll repeat do not write any.qcn file . Just write the nam settings using cdma ws. Do not use qpst anywhere.

people having problems should follow rishi suri's method above in post #635 and problem should be solved.. the problem actually seems with the epic.qcn file that we have flashed (and most/none would NOT have kept a backup of their earlier qcn)

+1 to rishi suri for sharing...

port back to di18 using odin , in odin mark the options 1) auto reboot 2) debug 3) phone efs clear and 4) update bootloader. use pit file s1_odin_20100512.pit and place di 18 tar file in pda. and flash. after flashing connect to cdma and write the ppp.txt file using nv write , flash the prl and insert your nam settings.

as soon as you do this and connect to your google account you will start recieving ota. upgrade it .

I'm using Odin3 v.1.61.. In that version, there is no option to tick box for debug, Also you have not mentioned if the F Reset Time box should be ticked or not. Could you clarify those two points for me please?

f. reset not to be ticked and if you do not have debug tick jsut phone efs cleaar an update bootloader and auto reboot.

I'm using Odin3 v.1.61.. In that version, there is no option to tick box for debug, Also you have not mentioned if the F Reset Time box should be ticked or not. Could you clarify those two points for me please?

I request mods to "un"moderate rishi suri... lolz... so that he can make contributions immediately...

and guys dont be stupid once again and proceed without taking a nam backup; that is essential so that u have ur min (at least) with you...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

also i would suggest not to root the epic on ec05, it has a bug.

let a new version of cwm come for eco5.

ec05 is not supporting roots.

it behaves strangely.

Even I am getting a " System Update" Notification for past 2-3 days.

earlier this month.I had actually rollback to DI 18 using ODIN on my Epic from Froyo & so once i was back on DI18, Rooted my Epic I am happy with this Now.

But why i am getting this Notification when i am on Eclair ( when i click the Details on the update notification it says

MR4 EC05 System Update

Downloaded & verified - 91.5 MB

"This Update includes an update to Android 2.2 Froyo, Sprint ID & several miinor system enhancements ......"

& so on as you all know

I am fedup hitting..."Install later" key, again & again.. but it keeps popping up.. now & then

and i also hope it has already eaten up my 91MB out of 324 MB system Memory

HOW TO GET RID OF THIS UPDATE & Notification and that 91MB of system Memory also freed up.

Pls help!!!! I am afraid, that i might hit the "install update" button accidentally,

I dont want to install this crap again & Repeat All that Process of ODIN to Restore back to DI18

:unsurehelp:

Edited by satishdave

^

The OTA updates go to cache so if you want to recover 91 MB reboot to recovery and clear cache or use cache cleaner app from market.

This would not stop the update reminder coming because OS is not updated and it would download again and try to install, the way to stop OTA prompt is to edit build.prop to show the updated version.

Generic steps:

1. In Root Explorer, go to /system/

2. Tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on build.prop and scroll down to Open in Text Editor

3. Once the file is open as a text file, scroll down until you see the line that says similar to: "ro.build.fingerprint" and change the versions mentioned there to the latest build.

4. Tap the back key and say "Yes" when it asks you to save (it will automatically back up the original file for you but better to keep a backup)

5. Tap Mount R/O at the top

6. Reboot

Please get exact version details and keep a backup before proceeding.

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 1

:previous:

Thanks for the procedure ..will follow and getback

:winko:

^

Welcome, I have just given the generic process, glad to help, but note exact process might be bit different for Epic or other phones.

Do remember to take a backup of build.prop before you do anything as without this file it will not boot, and it is must to get correct version of the build, try searching the XDA Epic forums for details of the process.

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 1