Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Update - found another way, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1008596 apparently removing systemupdater.apk will stop the prompts so no need to edit build.prop, again please take a backup and instead of removing the apk I suggest rename it so that if you decide to go for OTA you can rename it later on.

• Like 1

^^^ Removed Systemupdater.apk using stock app remover & went to recovery Mode & selected the Option Clear Cache Partition & Rebooted

bingo.. the update notification donsent popup now thanks for the help +1

Edited by satishdave

I think now we have just one issue with epic which the devs and our rim gurus must find a solution that is call conferencing I.e. 3 way call.

I have another question, how do I pickup another call while one is active? I have to disconnect the first for now. It's not happening as one only gets pickup and ignore option for the call to get answered.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Day 3 for my phone on ec05. It's doing fine for now. Crossing my fingers that there're no issues to it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

some people are still reporting reboot issues even after proper revert and then update...

Somehow post Hetal's NV patch, I'm pretty happy on Bonsai ROM with EB13 :)

It rocks actually!

I see the issue to be with the Rworld username which seems incompatible with this radio; the mdn username seems to be working fine without issues; so people should load full dump with mdn username; remain on that for a day or two to confirm no more reboots (on appropriate windows mobile plan, please) and then try to load partial dump of rworld username (to shift to mobileworld plan)...

Edited by dkaile

I see the issue to be with the Rworld username which seems incompatible with this radio; the mdn username seems to be working fine without issues; so people should load full dump with mdn username; remain on that for a day or two to confirm no more reboots (on appropriate windows mobile plan, please) and then try to load partial dump of rworld username (to shift to mobileworld plan)...

i agree with Dhiraj Kaile. after reading this post, i checked the details and found that MDN was used as username and password. then i changed it to generic one and vola.. Epic kept on restarting every 4-5 minutes. changed again to mdn and is working fine.

below was done even before reading Dhiraj's post.

in the morning, i also upgraded my friend's Epic from DI18 to EC05. he got OTA and restart problem persisted. so downgraded and upgraded to EC05 through update.zip and also changed his username to mdn. working fine since then..

I have Odined back to DI18 and wiped all previous settings off using Rishi Suri's suggested procedure before downloading and installing EC05 by way of OTA. It has been a bit over 2 hours now after OS update. Phone is currently up and running with no radio re-sets so far or hand-set overheating. Data connectivity is based on MDN.

I have Odined back to DI18 and wiped all previous settings off using Rishi Suri's suggested procedure before downloading and installing EC05 by way of OTA. It has been a bit over 2 hours now after OS update. Phone is currently up and running with no radio re-sets so far or hand-set overheating. Data connectivity is based on MDN.

so u rooted ?

so u rooted ?

No, rooting is showing problems.. so staying on Stock, unrooted for now

did anyone faced problem with Tapatalk after EC05 update?

whenever i try to search for forum in Tapatalk or browse, it shows "receiving from server" then processing and then java error.

it then shows "processing". if i dont close the app from task manager, it will show processing even after 30 minutes. it happens on wifi and data call.

Edited by csmart

i have had enough... back to di18... i realised i couldnt stay without rooting...

Flashed the new Syndicate 1.1.0 ROM over stock EC05

No reboots or other issues found other than loss of wired tether, though wifi tether works fine.

Had to flash ROM twice to get it going, both times wiped cache/ data 3x

Take Nandroid backup prior to flashing ROM , as this wipes data

Here's what I did

1) ODIN'd back to DI18

2) OTA'd to EC05

3) Copied ACS Frozen 1.1.0 ROM 'zip' file to sdcard

4) rooted using CWM3, which on reboot to recovery converted FS to EXT4

5) after FS conversion wiped cache / data 3x from recovery and flashed SRF 1.1.0 ROM zip file

6) rebooted to CWM3 recovery, flashed cache / data again 3 times and flashed once more zip file of SRF ROM

Edited by ananth001

Tapatalk is working perfectly well on stock EC05 as you can see from this post, Chirag.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk.

I had issue mnay times while using Dk28

So i had setlled down with Stock DI18

No i am on EB13 with Custom Supenova ROM having no issues of Radio at all

No restart , No radio reseting

All running fine, EVEN GPS working perfectly fine which was a problem before with stock DI18

It has been approximately 18 hours since I upgraded to stock EC05. Data connectivity is based on MDN. So far I have not had a single radio reset issue since installation yesterday. GPS lock outdoors, was in under a minute, with accuracy at less than 3 feet, which is just awesome. on DI18 I never used to get accuracy anywhere below 20 feet. All softwares I was previously using on DI18 have also been re-installed and are working flawlessly. I have to give special mention about battery life, since the new upgrade. My battery was fully charged at 7 am. Since then till now ( over 3 hours) I have been on Wi-fi and have made about 5-6 calls, and email checking, etc.. the battery has not even dropped by 1%

Edit: Ok battery life is not as great as I thought.. there wasa glitch in my battery notification.. its actually dropped 7 % in 3 hours, but its still way better than my previous experience of battery life on Eclair

Edited by Anupe

those using launcherpro, new version with updates/fixes/wdgets released.

Check it out..

Day 4: Today is day 4 on ec05 and is going fine. No reset issued till now. data on, wifi on contineous.

gps seem to lock superfast on EC05, thanx to ACS flashed only EC05 modem and the new ACS rom overclocked @1.3Ghz,

the phone seems lightening fast. no FC's and super smooth scrolling and didn't even lose root

update: updated my kernel to visionkernel v1.0 overclocked to 1.4Ghz, phone is much faster at the

cost of lesser battery life.

Edited by dantool

The same procedure I have published go to di18 using odin than ota.

Hi,

My epic 4g is on dl17.. How can i update it to the latest. It seems, only the phones on di18 are getting the update. Kindly guide me.

Thanks

I didnt do any odin or reverting back to DI18 as I already was on stock DI18; Put GPS back on Hot Start after getting lock on cold start; Put full MDN text dump (kindly be on appropriate data plan for mdn as username) and then did the OTA (notification for which I was getting since many days)...

EC05 rom seems very stable till now... evdo working

- got Unable to update Firmware error on first boot (as my data was off at that time and I was on Wifi); Firmware update as such isnt needed and I didnt see that message again after reboot and battery pull

- gps stable with very fast lock

- on new Launcher Pro Plus

- some notification tones got mixed up; set default notification back to Android System and it started working

- Had to reset launcher pro as default home

- Updated all apps from market; New Home Switcher was needed; New Launcher Pro got manually updated; New Samsung Desk Home got updated for froyo version

- All data backup, sms, apps etc. remained as it is and I didnt have to re-install anything

- Had to reset my Alarms (lolz... acchha hai maine dhyan kar liya nahi to kal ka tennis miss ho jaata)

Conclusion: Instability on EC05 was a result of RelMobileWorld username and pw and nothing else... EC05 is absolutely stable and I would suggest all to upgrade...

post-18748-0-40778500-1301397052_thumb.p

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1