Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Have any of you been facing a problem of freezing randomly, since moving to EC05?

I am facing this issue too often now, upto 1-2 times a day.

Several times I have been left stranded not even able to open the dialer app. Yesterday while playing Angry Birds Seasons (ABS), the screen suddenly froze and the phone was non-respondent. The only option after these epidsodes is to remove the battery and re-insert. Damn annoying.

I have also been noticing some lag while playing games, especially in ABS the intro music plays broken up. Had faced a similar problem in the past (on DK28) found the culprit then. It was the compass widget which was either a memory hog or processor hog. Removed it and ABS music became just fine.

Have removed a tonne of apps since, still to no avail.

Anyway to find out if any particular app is causing this or is it a gerenral problem with EC05?

Edited by Harshal

Quick boot method without removing battery

Press vol up +camara + power button to gather

It will make freezes less annoying :-D

I am not able to play any videos on EC05 except the ones that we have taken using camera and the ones stored in sd card. Can't watch Facebook vids,also the live TV.

i am not sure about it but try registering your divx player, i have done it and i am no such difficulties.

I am not able to play any videos on EC05 except the ones that we have taken using camera and the ones stored in sd card. Can't watch Facebook vids,also the live TV.

• Like 1

@harshal @ankur

No such issues faced on both your problems;

@harshal - try searching and removing the annoying app...

I am observing when unlocking the screen it becomes unresponsive and have to press home twice to make the home screen responsive again. Any ideas?

Sorry for the noob question,but how do I "register" the divx player?

Go to settings ,about phone, legal information, licence settings, divx registretion process, register. Write down the code.

Go to your pc download divx player go to register new put the code , you will get a divx file save it on pc and transfer on sd card.

Go to my files and select the file , it will run and your player will be registered.

Same process has to be done on all or any divx compatible devices.

Sorry for the noob question,but how do I "register" the divx player?

• Like 1

Have any of you been facing a problem of freezing randomly, since moving to EC05?

Several times I have been left stranded not even able to open the dialer app. Yesterday while playing Angry Birds Seasons (ABS), the screen suddenly froze and the phone was non-respondent. The only option after these epidsodes is to remove the battery and re-insert. Damn annoying.

I have also been noticing some lag while playing games, especially in ABS the intro music plays broken up. Had faced a similar problem in the past (on DK28) found the culprit then. It was the compass widget which was either a memory hog or processor hog. Removed it and ABS music became just fine.

Anyway to find out if any particular app is causing this or is it a gerenral problem with EC05?

I think I have a winner, have been trouble free for a while now - too early I guess - but this seems to be the trouble maker

FlipClock Blue Magic Dark 4x2

Will observe if this was causing the issues. Have reverted to using the old Fancy Widget for now. Any suggestions for a better integrated clock, date and weather widget?

Nothing beats fancy widget tbh if you like the sense style clock.

Right, hence have switched back to FW. Now getting some skins too.

The main problem I had with FW is that you can customize it only once. So if you want to use 2 or more instances of it in different places, you cannot customize each one to be different, or have different features.

Any how, hopefully have caught the culprit causing those crashes. lets c...

Bought a neoprene pouch from a street side vendor for the Epic @ 20 bucks.

It's a shade better than the HK one, since it fits much better. The only thing missing is the android robot.

• Like 1

:previous:

from where you get it? which area in Mumbai?

Bought a neoprene pouch from a street side vendor for the Epic @ 20 bucks.

It's a shade better than the HK one, since it fits much better. The only thing missing is the android robot.

Bhai can you get me one? I will pay price plus shipping charges.

@harshal - u should send two pieces to me; what a rate...

Loaded leaky gingerbread rom. Not worth it. Its slow, proximit sensor not working properly.

Status bar is new, black, and icons on the bar are colourful

My domestic help got it from some street side vendor in Santacruz West market in Mumbai.

I just bought for him the Samasung Smooth and asked him to get a cover for it. And he got himmself a neoprene for 20 bucks. I told him to find one for my Epic, assuming there is no chance (because of the size). And he got it for 20 bucks too. :Sorprendido:

Will ask him to get a few more covers, if available. Once he gets them, will keep you guys updated.

• Like 2

^^^

Book two for me

@Harshal Bhai..

Please book two for me As well. 2 nahi mile to kumse kum 1

Will pay the price and shipping :)

I'm also looking for a screen guard for epic. If any one have for sale please pm me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by abhi.r

get a i-pad screen gaurd , it is very easily available in the market , cut to size and use it u can use it 4 time i suppose that goes cheaper also. i have done that

@Harshal Bhai..

Please book two for me As well. 2 nahi mile to kumse kum 1

Will pay the price and shipping :)

I'm also looking for a screen guard for epic. If any one have for sale please pm me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

what about the screen guard blocking he front camera? (tho i dont use front camera) lol... fir bhi agar kabhi jarurat pad gai to? :)

If you want the best screen guard get ZAGG, expensive though, screen guard costs $14 and invisible shield costs $29 pus $3 shipping, I have posted 25% discount coupon on the deals thread.

I think I have a winner, have been trouble free for a while now - too early I guess - but this seems to be the trouble maker

FlipClock Blue Magic Dark 4x2

Will observe if this was causing the issues. Have reverted to using the old Fancy Widget for now. Any suggestions for a better integrated clock, date and weather widget?

Okay so the non responsive dialer has completely gone after I removed this app.

One issue still remains, there is a crazy battery drain during 1 particular event:

1. When there is sync happenning AND

2. The internet connection is not available (i.e. Wifi is connected but internet is slow or non-responsive, say may be due to utorrent on the PC dominating the connection OR 3G is connected but data not responding)

For example I lost 20% battery in 40 minutes right now. The other symptoms when this occurs are: A) The phone heats up considerably B.) Apps like Task Killer are non responsive, in the sense they open up, but don't list any running apps to kill C) Some apps are completely non-responsive D) Like I said the sync symbol is stuck in status bar

The only remedy I have found is to remove the battery and replace.

Edited by Harshal