Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

@dkalie: +1 for you. We would surely need it.

Yes much needed information, I require it for my bricked Hero. :(

i called up samsung US cust.care and had a open chat with the guy that i am from india and was using epic here in india which some how i have bricked and won't start what can be done about it. can i send it for repairs , he checked the meid and said that i was in warranty and i will have to send the handset to US , he said that the handset will go back to its original state that is locked with sprint and they won't be able to ship it back to india, so they need a local US address for shipping it back , which will be done within 5 days of recieving the handset by the company.

i told them that it was fine with me and i gave them a local US address, he lodged a complaint and gave me complaint no. which he said must be stated on the pack and in the pack in which i am sending the handset. the handset was to be sent without battery ,back cover and the sd card. i.e. just the hanset.

on disconnecting the phone i recieved 2 mails , one from samsung and 2nd. from UPS.

In which my ticket no., the shipping address and all the details were given . it was something like this

Ticket Number

Please use the "Ticket Number" shown above on all communications with Samsung concerning your service.

Product InformationModel Number: SPH-D700ZKASPRSerial Number: Product Symptoms: Technical Inquiry/Power/No Power UpWarranty: In WarrantyShipping InformationContact / Return InformationCustomer Name:

Address: Email Address:

Home Phone:

Alt. Phone: Authorized Service Center InformationName: MOBILE REPAIR SAMSUNGAddress: 1000 KLEIN ROAD, SUITE 200Phone: 18889874357Fax: 4692414774UPS Informationclick here to retrieve informationUPS CostShip to Samsung

Ship to Customer

Subtotal: $0.00

: $0.00

: $0.00 $0.00Estimated Repair CostStd. Repair Fee

LCD Repair Fee

Subtotal

Tax: $0.00

: $0.00 $0.00* Your handset may be in warranty by date; however your handset may be out of warranty by Condition. The Samsung Warranty clearly states that Out of Warranty repairs will incur a repair fee.

* After the product repair is completed, Samsung will charge the repair cost.

Total Amount ChargedUPS Total

Repair Total: $0.00

$0.00Shipping Guide Line1. To help expedite service, write the RMA number (400 ticket) on at least three sides of the box.

2. Do not ship any of the accessories with the phone. We are not liable for any lost accessories (ie. Battery, headset, memory card, etc.) UNLESS the issue is power related (charging, power cycle, heat, etc.) and in that case please include the battery and any chargers being used with the phone.

3. Use a box with adequate padding to prevent any loss or damage product(s).

4. Avoid using the original box since the phone will be shipped back in a different package.

5. If you choose not to use your provided e-label, please insure your product and use a shipper that provides a tracking number.

6. Send phone within 10 days to avoid expiration of e-label.

7. The turn around time for a phone repair accessory change is 5 ? 10 business days, not including shipping. We would advise you to call back after the turn around time has expired if you haven’t received your product.

8. Phones will be restored back to original factory settings during the repair process. All information (contacts, pictures, texts, music, ringtones, applications, etc.) added to the phone will be lost.

9. The owner should be present at the time of delivery. A signature is needed in claiming the package.

I checked with UPS and was told that this airway bill was meant for shipping within US.

So i sent my phone with the parents of my friend to US.

at the same time i opened a account on samsung US site with all the phone details and my complaint was auto included in my account as soon as i inserted my meid and registerd it at the site.

my friend handed over the phone to UPS which was delievered to samsung, and i recieved a mail for that from samsung stating that the package has been recieved.

after 5 days i again recieved a mail from samsung stating that the phone has been shipped back after repairs.

My friend got the delievery on the 3rd. day and as his father was coming back to India after a few days , he sent it back to me in india.

thats it .

now i am having it registered and looking for someone who is flying to US for a few days so that i can send and other handset which i just bricked there.

• Like 2

i cannot say that HTC will be giving that service or not.

Yes much needed information, I require it for my bricked Hero. :(

HTC Wont Service Like That since it was Taiwan Based Company and More Over if your phone is Under Sprint in USA then Sprint takes care about this Whole Process.

no sprint had nothing to do with this it is pure and only samsung.

HTC Wont Service Like That since it was Taiwan Based Company and More Over if your phone is Under Sprint in USA then Sprint takes care about this Whole Process.

The battery drain is becoming a little worse and unbrearabble. Planning to do a factory reset. Just wanted to check 1 thing. I have done a backup with MyBackup Pro and Backup Master. I am not worried about the contacts and calendar.

However, will these apps help me restore those apps back that I wish to with all the settings with all their glory?

I am not rooted. Have read that TB is good only for the root version.

+ 1 for hetal bhai

my old epic is again online.

desperately looking for someone flying to US....

^

do share the secret... and if its online, why do u need someone flying to the US... lolz... just curious...

the old one which i had got repaired from samsung US is now online , the new one which just got bricked has to be sent to US , i have 2 of them.

^

do share the secret... and if its online, why do u need someone flying to the US... lolz... just curious...

[ROM][ODIN][RFS/EXT4][NOCIQ] EC05 Stock Plus

Based on the Official EC05 Samsprint Tar provided by k0nane

Version 1

• Pre-rooted
  • ClockwordMod 2.5 or 3.0.0.6
  • Deodexed, Png-Optimized, and Zipaligned
  • CarrierIQ removed (thanks to k0nanes help)
  • GPS NTP/XTRA Fix and RIL Crash workaround by mkasick
  • TWS Fix by mkasick
  • Volume Rocker tweak by mkasick (Ringer/Vibrate/Silent)
  • Modified Dalvick/libdvm by no2chem
  • Updated bionic by no2chem
  • Logprovider.apk fixed to remove SMS from call log by k0nane
  • Font changed to Sony font, to fix Touchwiz lockscreen date glitch
  • Repacked stock kernel to include support for EXT4, init.d scripts, and to disable CIQ service

EC05 Stock Plus RFS w/ClockworkMOD 2.5

EC05 Stock Plus EXT4 w/ClockworkMOD 3.0.0.6

Use this if you have problems with the camera, wifi, or youtube...

no2chems updated bionic 1.0

courtesy: XDA

Edited by Dj

Axiously waiting for my Epic 4G to come back after repairs. Hetal shipped it out on the 2nd and is in transit from Delhi-Kanpur at the moment.

Two queries:

1. Considering it has Gorilla Glass any advantage of protector film or Otterbox?

2. Has anybody managed toget Kies working. I could not do so on wither the 4G or even the Galaxy 551 (for contacts).

Edited by sgiitk

See this MIUI ROM for Galaxy S I900 brilliant work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=992251

If only this could be ported to Epic, ahmgsk (member here too) has been working on one but it is not yet as complete.

I am not rooted. Have read that TB is good only for the root version.

You are correct in your case my backup pro would suffice and for messages etc. you can also use SMS backup and restore and G backup full.

Have been having very poor battery life.

Charge dropped by 40% in 5 hours with no calls/data.

Battery lasts around 10 hours with 1 hour of data/WiFi, 15 minutes of calls, 30 minutes on NFS, no Bluetooth.

Stock EC05 with battery calibration done. Rooted with stock kernel. Set CPU conservative mode. Running services are mostly touchdown, executive assistant (uninstalled just now), maps (how to disable?), DRM (frozen through TB), SNS (frozen through TB), voicemail (uninstalled through TB), kaspersky, lookout, droid stats and TB scheduler.

Spare parts screen shot showing phone wake. Please help.

2s16r7q.png

Edited by dipanlahiri

People on EC05 stock having the default slide screen lock, notice that in the date for the locked screen, it is dropping the year after "May.".

Lol, May is not an abbrev, but the full month name. Someone messed up!

luckily my epics battery backup is awesome. it doesnt even go below 50% at the end of the day with lots of calls and data usage. right now its 75% remaining....

^ & @harshal

same here

@sgittk

1. a simple screen guard shud suffice

2. why is kies need for backup? when u have gmail to do that job for you...

People on EC05 stock having the default slide screen lock, notice that in the date for the locked screen, it is dropping the year after "May.".

Lol, May is not an abbrev, but the full month name. Someone messed up!

True I thought it was because of executive assistant but it is issue with stock.

Had bought pouch from Ebay but seller shipped wrong product not for Epic please suggest what to be done, cannot claim item not received as did receive it, and sending the item back to claim refund would cost same or more as item price.

Got a hard case,car charger,battery,screen protector for 725 bucks off ebay. Ordered one more set for my uncle!

@all

The date display prob is owing to the font used in this stock rom. The rom I have posted a few posts above is pretty awesome and optimized. It is stock with all nuances removed...

ebay link please

Edited by Harshal