Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

'Facepalm"

I would like to know which breed of marijuana samsung engineers had when they decided to give the FM hardware but no software to use it.

Looks like many of us want to know about fm radio in epic.

I was searching in google and read somewhere that fm in samsung vibrant, epic, captivate, fascinate is locked by software.

Is it true? Even for rooted phones?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

This FM radio software is included in a Gingerbread rom posted in xda. By installing that rom you can get FM, but it's not working properly

sivashankkar

Parin bhai makes my day today. :Riendo:

Two months earlier my Epic's goes completely dark after a fall. :Ohhhh::wacko:

I can say although Epic has gorilla glass on it, but survival of lcd is still on your luck. It can avoid scratches efficiently.

Then I asked Hetal bhai what to do now. he gave me a link of ebay from where I can take a new screen. :GirandoOjos:

I tried to purchase, but next day I got a full refund and a message from seller, that product is not working fine so We have cancelled your order. :confuse: :confuse:

Then few days earlier I asked Parin to help me on this issue and wholla he arranged one original screen with keypad within 10 days.

I also took extra spare of battery for epic from him.

Today my epic is back on it's role after two months of darkness. :GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos:

Many-many thanks to Parin and Hetal for help. :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

I am trying to do a Reliance boot animation for 480x800 and need the pngs edited. I do not have much expertise so any help would be welcome.

Please could someone with photoshop knowledge edit the attached png files to replace SyndicateROM text with Reliance logo http://www.techshout.com/images/reliance-logo-p.jpg .

Ensure the font is Precious Sans Book and the font color, brightness, etc. is same as the SyndicateROM text.

If anyone wants to try out the existing boot animation, download from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14432798&postcount=21. Copy it into SDcard then using root explorer copy it into /system/media. Rename existing bootanimation.zip in /system/media to bootanimation.zip.bak before doing the changes.

I might be able to do the animation. Will report in a couple of days.

Thanks lmk how it goes.

I updated to SRF1.1.1 quite good.

Reliance logo bootanimation - Noir

This and the below animation should work for all 480x800 resolution devices, not just limited to Epic. Please test and mention your device name to me via PM and I will update these posts.

Here is my first bootanimation attempt with the Reliance logo.

This has been tested and is working on Epic 2.2 Syndicate Frozen ROM but should work for all custom ROMs (stock ROMs do not have deodexed kernels so would not work). As always keep a nandroid.

flin7k.gif

Instructions:

Copy bootanimation.zip to SD card.

Use root explorer to copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media (this is for galaxy S phones, HTC possibly uses /data/local please check). Ensure mode is R/W.

Overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. If required rename it to bootanimation.zip.bak.

Reboot.

Please give your comments. Thanks.

Edited by dipanlahiri

Reliance bootanimation - Vanilla

The animation is better in this than Noir. Tested and working. Instructions remain same as Noir.

29xssqs.gif

Please give comments. Thanks.

Edited by dipanlahiri
  • Like 2

Please, no comments? Did anyone test these out? I worked throughout the night to build these. :(

My try on it. Just done basic. Will work more if people are interested.

OqIjr.gif

• Like 3

Quite good Ankur, can you please export the .gif in Flash to .png files and keep the frame rate at 1s. Then please send me the files I will try to make it into a bootanimation.zip file.

@dipanlahiri

Good work, tried and working nice on my epic. Looking for some better animation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comment Tarun, yes these are basic because they have been done manually with pngs. The better way to do it is creating animation on Flash and then exporting to pngs, but I do not know Flash. Would be willing to try if someone can give me Flash software and serial.

For non reliance logo animations, go to XDA e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1033274.

Ankur, thanks will check if it can be made into bootanimation.zip.

• Like 1

What's the BEST custom ROM that's available now other than SRF .

Has anyone tried AnonymousROM v7

Bonsai v 4.1.1 is superb when compred to other custom roms.

sivashankkar

Dipanji any updates on the Animation?

^

Sorry Ankur for the delay have attached, it is looping fast will need to read how to fix.

You yourself can try editing the desc.txt.

480 800 15 - 480 800 is resolution, 15 is frames/sec

p 0 3 part0 - p starts the loop, 0 means infinite loop, 3 means pause of 3 sec between frames, part0 means folder name

- there must be one empty line at end

Edit desc.txt only in notepad++ and in UNIX ANSI mode. When saving the .zip file use 7zip and use store no compression.

[RECOVERY][GPL] ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1 PURPLE UPGRADE RFS/EXT4/USB CUSTOM FOR EPIC4G

* USB Mass Storage working from the menu, and top text changed, to reflect safe removal of sdcard from PC *before* leaving USB Mass Storage menu

* Purple text and icon color, everyone seemed to hate the orange color

* Key Codes fixed, menu is now the select key, and top text changed to reflect this

* Only one "No" in confirmations, only need to click down once to get to "Yes"

* Built-in busybox is full Cyanogen busybox 1.16.2, with --install -s feature built in

* sd-ext ext4 partition listed in recovery.fstab, a direct change from koush

* Compatible with cwm 3.0.2.5, and has been tested by many in irc.fossnet.info #epic channel

Updated on EC05 SRF 1.1.1. Download the .zip file, go into CWM through volume down+power+camera, do nandroid, flash .zip, reboot.

Note that only volume down+power+camera will take into CWM 3.1.0.1, ROM manager reboot recovery will take to 3.0.2.5/3.0.0.6 as this CWM not linked to ROM manager.

Edited by dipanlahiri
  • Like 1

^^^^^

@Dipan, just tried yesterday night, was going to post, but you was fast.

+1 for you.

Good Job Ankur

Go Ahead

My try on it. Just done basic. Will work more if people are interested.

OqIjr.gif

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

I need some inputs from you guys on how I can improve the animation. Please let me know your ideas so I can work on it.

Regards

Ankur.

Installed Syndicate Frozen Rom 1.1.1

installed Syndicate Frozen Rom 1.1.1

after spending hours backing up apps and contacts and linking all contacts manually..... figured that microphone didnt worked :(

Microphone issue : I can hear the caller's voice... but caller cant hear my voice.

@ dipan bhai

Abhishek why did you need to backup contacts manually bhai, google sync is easiest way just signin to your Google account and it does it.

If you want to have an alternate option, try my backup pro for contacts/SMS/call logs/homescreen settings etc., extremely simple GUI interface, and it also allows backing up online. Worth the 250 INR but apk also on forum.

Regarding SRF not having microphone, what is the exact issue? And I guess it is better to post the Epic specific issues in the Epic thread. Let us keep this thread for general Android OS.

yeah i used mybackup pro.

it showed 13xx contacts (98% of them were repeat from my 2 google accounts) rest 2% were saved in my phone's memory.

so had to link them manually :( took lot of time.

my backup pro restores apps to main memory only. so when memory gets full, you have to manually move them to sd card one by one. then again run mybackup pro to restore rest of the apps which will eventualy be installed into main memory .. and again you have to manually move it to SD card.

Wish there was a one click Solution :D

is there any tutorial for how to enable Epic to run EVDO (if the user already have hdr username n password)?

i tried with the steps at mobile5 but no luck. my phone still runs on 1X