Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

GPS is not working and I even found prob with battery. battery drains faster than before. In fact I faced battery problem on various GB leaked ROMs.

I guess the procedure is the same as adviced by dkaile.

Vishal Sheth

Sent from Samsung EPIC 4G

Got OTA update today.. r there any issues after OTA update to GB 2.3.5.

Pls share

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Got the ota. Any further probles than gps and battery drain? Bolo bhai.

Vishal Sheth

I guess the procedure is the same as adviced by dkaile.

Vishal Sheth

I tried entering both those numbers in the dialer. but could not get to the GPS screen. is the number for to be entered any different?

Received sprint notification today for updating but no update, am I missing something?

tried the GPS test app.. phone is now getting the GPS co-ordinates spot on...

but after 2 -3 min of GPS the phone vibrates two or three times and then the GPS hangs. there is no way to get it running again other than rebooting the phone. rest all working fine. anyone facing a similar issue? any solutions?

Updated to EI22 today, the most painless update ever. No need to reinstall anything, the radio stayed fine and data did not need to be reprogrammed.

Here is what i followed:

Was on Stock EC05 rooted with sprint bloatware removed

Downloaded this rom put in on my sd card and and installed it via recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1339579 ( i used update 3)

Got EI22 on the phone with all my apps and contacts preserved. Even the home widgets did not get affected. But the modem remained as EC05 so next step i flashed this zip via recovery. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1339401

So now running a clean near stock GB with the latest modem.

Hey guys can you suugest me how much will be the cost of internet on HTC Evo shift 4G,

I am going to buy this mobile and i want to know that atleast how much i have to spend per month to get internet scheme in Reliance CDMA for this mobile.

Hey Anurag

Can this procedure be done if not rooted? When have you done this? Do update if you face any problems.

Vishal Sheth

Hey Anurag

Can this procedure be done if not rooted? When have you done this? Do update if you face any problems.

Vishal Sheth

Root is needed for that process, without root OTA update can be done though.

After it's, GPS is working fine and even instantly gets fix from inside my building, but camera quality seems to be bad than,before

Hey Anurag

Vishal Sheth

You have to be rooted because u need a custom recovery to install the rom.

I did it yesterday and my phone is running faster and smoother then before. Signal strength also appears better.

I recommend you root on Froyo and then upgrade as rooting Gingerbread requires a custom kernel for recovery to stick. The Gps is also broken for which you will have to flash a fix which requires root.

Anybody having issues with Gingerbread update on Stock ROM? I have the OTA downloaded but sitting back on it, waiting for input :)

@anupe i did manual update again on monday. so far so good. this time, i didnt do clean update. i just updated using CWM without wipping cache partition and factory reset. my all apps were intact and GPS is also working. no battery prob till now, as i had mentioned earlier.

Thank you, Chirag. Let me try it now :) Will update the outcome tomorrow :)

I did the OTA update to Gingerbread for my phone which was running the stock Sprint ROM. After the update installed, the phone keeps rebooting at the start up screen :(

What do I do?

@#$%^! Sprint! I had to do a factory reset to fix that problem! >:-\

I updated using the zip file and my phone is working simply great, battery life also looks to be b etter than froyo and no issues with the gps , I am getting a fix sitting inside my house.

Now can anyone help me, I want to remove the sprint apps, how to do that, and for rooting which method shall I use.

I updated using the zip file and my phone is working simply great, battery life also looks to be b etter than froyo and no issues with the gps , I am getting a fix sitting inside my house.

Now can anyone help me, I want to remove the sprint apps, how to do that, and for rooting which method shall I use.

Please follow this thread on how to root. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337453. You can use titanium backup to remove sprint apps after obtaining root.

• Like 1

Got the OTA update last night. Had a very smooth transition to Gingerbread with stock ROM. Contrary to all the feedbacks, no issues faced so far regarding GPS fixes or reboots. Rather the GPS is more accurate than before. Did not have to reset or format sd card, the apps are in place running hail and heartily :)

The OTA got downloaded using EVDO without prompting, now I have to pay high bills. :(

When I upgrade to GB I will use the ACS ICS themed XDA ROM than stock.

Samsung is terrible at firmware updates, ICS is round the corner and they are still releasing GB.

In last month i update epic 4g android 2.3.4 EH06 (from samfirmware) using odin. now i want to update official EI22 how do i ?

^^^ better to downgrade to EC05 stock using Odin and then do upgrade.

BTW if you do not find any prob with the current version, why change it.

Edited by csmart

I've got system notification for update. Should I go ahead? No issues? Please reply soon.

Vishal Sheth