Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

I am on ACS v4.. and its running great.. gps lock fast, battery is also good and its rooted :)

I've got system notification for update. Should I go ahead? No issues? Please reply soon.

Vishal Sheth

Sent from Samsung EPIC 4G

I see no reason why you should not go ahead...no issues so far.

I have got an OTA update notification. I am rooted. Is it okay to do the update, or do I need go unroot or do some special procedure?

Guys who've got the OTA notification, and have been postponing it, I would suggest you download it, even if you dont install it, because, just like DL, I kept postponing the download, and yesterday, while I was asleep, my phone automatically downloaded the 82MB file over EVDO :ranting:

Nervous what my phone bill is going to look like, next month ;)

On another note.. other than the non stop reboot problem I had after I did the OTA update to GinB, and which I sorted out by pressing Volume Down+Camera+ Power and doing a factory reset ( lost all my installed apps, but I had them on My Backup Pro, so no damage done), the phone seems to be working perfectly fine. No GPS/ battery or any other issues so far.

I'm happy :)

@prafull can you post the link for the ROM?

my Epic again started giving battery problem. i dont know if some app or something else.

^^^

Drastic battery issues, Chirag? Care to explain the problem?

Sent from my Samsung Epicâ„¢ 4G using Tapatalk Pro

I did my update yesterday. It was smooth. Till now only faced an auto reboot once. I'm facing internal storage problem but removed a few apps. The ROM is good for now. After the update it did give me error saying firmware did not upgrade. I didn't understand this part.

I'm also trying to root but am not finding any one click root as of now. The posts say I need to go back to froyo, do one click root and then upgrade to GB EI22.

i would say its about 10 to 15% lesser than EC05. couple of times, I got error for ESPN cricinfo. so may be that might be problem. now i have uninstalled it and will update.

@cssmart link of rom from i updated is as follow

http://droidangel.bl...-4g-sprint.html

Also Cssmart u said it correct current eh06 does not have any problem ..so now looking for ics.

Edited by prafulrc

Got the OTA update last night. Had a very smooth transition to Gingerbread with stock ROM. Contrary to all the feedbacks, no issues faced so far regarding GPS fixes or reboots. Rather the GPS is more accurate than before. Did not have to reset or format sd card, the apps are in place running hail and heartily :)

Did you have to backup your contacts, images, etc before applying the upgrade? Are there other steps which need to be followed for upgrading?

I have been ignoring the update prompt for two days now. Little jittery about it.

Got the OTA update last night. Had a very smooth transition to Gingerbread with stock ROM. Contrary to all the feedbacks, no issues faced so far regarding GPS fixes or reboots. Rather the GPS is more accurate than before. Did not have to reset or format sd card, the apps are in place running hail and heartily :)

Did you have to backup your contacts, images, etc before applying the upgrade? Are there other steps which need to be followed for upgrading?

I have been ignoring the update prompt for two days now. Little jittery about it.

If you are not rooted, do go ahead with the update. I had absolutely no issues with it...no reboots or errors. All my contacts, apps and other data remained intact after the upgrade. For rooted phone, follow the procedures in the earlier posts.

The phone works a lot faster and better than before :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1340055

V4 is quite stable, do remember to wipe the cache and data 3 times before flashing the rom

@prafull can you post the link for the ROM?

my Epic again started giving battery problem. i dont know if some app or something else.

I have bought a new Samsung epic 4G and it is Reliance ready. I thought it would be a simple process of configuring it to use my current phone number (Reliance CDMA postpaid). But every time I try to configure by dialing *228 it asks for PIN and I have no idea what it is. No help offered by people at Reliance outlets as well. Please help!!!

(I did search for existing forums dealing with this topic for help but couldn't find one. So sorry if this I am posting in the wrong forum)

I was prolly on EG22 or EF10 leaked rom before.

When i heard about EI22 official update, i did Odin back to EC05 and did OTA update to EI22 (82.5Mb) on 18th Evening.

Rooted it and removed bloatwares.

No problem with GPS or Restart faced so far. (had lots of restart issues with Leaked roms before).

Regarding battery....

yesterday i was busy installing apps and settings. to had extensive use of the phone. so it didnt even last for 12hrs.

But today i will totally drain the battery and recharge it overnight in switched off mode and see how my battery perform in official EI22 tomorrow.

I have bought a new Samsung epic 4G and it is Reliance ready. I thought it would be a simple process of configuring it to use my current phone number (Reliance CDMA postpaid). But every time I try to configure by dialing *228 it asks for PIN and I have no idea what it is. No help offered by people at Reliance outlets as well. Please help!!! (I did search for existing forums dealing with this topic for help but couldn't find one. So sorry if this I am posting in the wrong forum)

You may contact your seller.

I have updated to OTA 1 week back , had no issues so far , but wanted it to root so ,

first i did a

1.Hard rest - wipe dats &

2.then also clear / wipe Cache partition

3. reboot

after it showed software update again in a notification box (Phone is already updated to EI22 & the notification was again searching so i cancelled ) Now the issue is

there on the notification bar , it keeps popping "USB connected" , constantly popping on notification bar, i remove the SD card ,

then the notification disappeared, so i formated the SD card & reinserted , again it keeps popping & dancing on the Notification bar,

Though, I am able to connect to USB Storage - transfer data - even Teether data to PC without any probs,

but this notification is very irritating,

I google , & tried unchecking Debugging option , and USB option , check on ask options, still this prob stands,

only after the hard reset it happened , so i hardreset again still this prob is there

Pls help

Edited by satishdave

^^^ Still not Rooted, any help is appreciated, if SD card not in slot this notification disappears

thanks

Edited by satishdave

Please follow this thread on how to root. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337453. You can use titanium backup to remove sprint apps after obtaining root.

Follow this link. Note the links to download programs to root and etc..are in the description of the videos in youtube.

Go to"How to root and Clockwork mod ...."link and in the description of the video you will find a link of another video saying "do this first before clockworkmod if you are on stock IE22". Follow that process before root and clockworkmod.

I wud have posted the link but I'm writing this on a phone. So hard to jump from link to link. ^^

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have updated to OTA 1 week back , had no issues so far , but wanted it to root so ,

first i did a

1.Hard rest - wipe dats &

2.then also clear / wipe Cache partition

3. reboot

after it showed software update again in a notification box (Phone is already updated to EI22 & the notification was again searching so i cancelled ) Now the issue is

there on the notification bar , it keeps popping "USB connected" , constantly popping on notification bar, i remove the SD card ,

then the notification disappeared, so i formated the SD card & reinserted , again it keeps popping & dancing on the Notification bar,

Though, I am able to connect to USB Storage - transfer data - even Teether data to PC without any probs,

but this notification is very irritating,

I google , & tried unchecking Debugging option , and USB option , check on ask options, still this prob stands,

only after the hard reset it happened , so i hardreset again still this prob is there

Pls help

How did you boot into recovery if you were not rooted previously. You do not require to wipe data or cache for root access, its only needed if you are installing a new rom.

My suggestion would be to odin back to EC05, get root and then directly flash a stock or custom EI22 rom

^^ Thanks

that will be better, will ODIN back to EC05 & follow as said, will update

In my epic i have ec05 with 2.2.1 firmware and its rooted and i have not yet updated to e122 rom while i got the notification. Request few clarifications as below-

1) Any bugs in official new rom

2) Will i loose the root and if yes, can i root it again after updation to e122

3) WIll i loose the evdo settings as i have evdo activated

4) Will i loose the 3rd party applications on updation.

^^^^^

1) Any bugs in official new rom - No. but Anupe (fellow Rimwebian) and there are few in US had restart problem and had to do factory reset. So data/app were lost.

2) Will i loose the root and if yes, can i root it again after updation to e122 - You may. but rooting is possible.

3) WIll i loose the evdo settings as i have evdo activated - No.

4) Will i loose the 3rd party applications on updation. - Refer to answer 1

Edited by csmart

^^@abhi.r

thanks for the link , i am on it will get back once done :-)

Edited by satishdave

I have updated to OTA last evening no issues till now, hope there won't be any major issues. I feel the GPS Locking is much better than Froyo and the positioning accuracy is good even indoor.

Edit: Some of the apps are unresponsive and had to be re-installed. :doh:

Edited by venbab

I installed ACS v5 ROM on epic and running excellent for last 3 days. no sprint bloatware and CIQ but its rooted. also there are not Calculator and Calender. but those can be installed using Root explorer. its good fast and provide better battery life.

i liked the dialer and transparent notification bar.