Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

@shadow, my phone was only rooted with stock EI22 hence upgraded to El30. One major change observed is the battery life seems to be better.

Is it good? Should I upgrade? I've not got ota as yet.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Installed marcusantrom revival rim v3.. Its just 130 mb.. Only required apps needed to run phone is there.. Not even gmail, swpe etc.. First time you feel slow down but it's not the case.. Details are here

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1375345

Battery icon changes colour while charging.. It has stock lock screen and has problem.. Last digit on clock on the lock screen not be visible.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by csmart

@shadow, my phone was only rooted with stock EI22 hence upgraded to El30. One major change observed is the battery life seems to be better.

i installed it, but didnt see a significant improvement , so i switched back to acs ics,

I think im having some problem with my SD card.

i have Transcend 16GB Class 10 MicroSD Card.

Sometimes it stops working, and times it works. Thats the problem I cant even ask for a replacement, because if the service certer will check the card when it works.. they wont replace it.

Also now im having strange problem..

I cannot access any apps which is stored in SD card, but can access to all the music and videos even browse SD card stuffs in a file manager on my phone.

Since 2 days i've seen strange problem with my phone.

I've been tethering internet from my phone using a USB cable.

The Phone became EXTREMELY HOT. So hot that even i cant hold the phone or the battery for more than 10seconds.

This happened twice. both times i immediately pulled the battery out of the phone and left it for an hour to cool down.

Last time when it happened.. all the apps installed in my SD card were gone. I had to reinstall all apps again and move it to SD card again.

Strange thing when i moved the apps to SD card, the icons in the home screen automatically showed up (before it showed default android icons with app name. i clicked the app but nothing happened) and re-installed apps now worked perfectly. It even had the old App data.. so all previous settings were restored.

This time when the phone got heated Apps on SD card were working fine, but the widgets which were on my home screen did not appeared. It show "Problem loading widgets"

Note: All my widget apps are installed in phone's memory.

Anyone can help what to do?

Guys I donno if this is the right place to talk about this but I donno where else to put this thread, let me know if you would like me to ask this question under any other topic....

My brother had bought a Epic 4g from A guy called Hetal Patel he said he was from this forum... So I decided to ask this question on this forum only. The thing is my brother has gone overseas with regards to his job... :|

So as no one is using this phone lately we decided to change it to a prepaid instead of paying monthly rentals unless he returns (after a year or two). So I just wanted to know will switching from postpaid to prepaid on this sprint cdma phone result in any issues and are there any related threads...

Thanks in advance and hope you won't be mad about posting this here... :)

@abhi.

hmm, thats strange, try doing a factory reset once, my epic gets heated up when some apps fail to use my sound drivers,but after i switched to touchwiz(default) rom,everything is good now, dnt wait until its too late, try resetting

So I just wanted to know will switching from postpaid to prepaid on this sprint cdma phone result in any issues and are there any related threads...

You will lose your postpaid DATA plan activated if any. There are no good monthly data plan in Reliance CDMA prepaid except this daily plan >> http://www.rimweb.in...a-mobile-users/ .

• Like 1

:previous:

But are there any special settings that I will need to do... I don't mind the data plans as I stay at home mostly and use Mtnl through wifi I get pretty impressive speeds from MTNL in my area...

Thanks for replying man repped you... :)

But are there any special settings that I will need to do...

Assuming that the handset is MEID registered with Reliance, don't think any special settings will need to be done.

• Like 1

:previous:

Thanks RimGuru really appreciate your help... :)

Hi all,

I am facing data connection (both 3G&1x) with the CM7 rom as well as in CM9-ICS rom. 3G icon appear for sometime & disappear. Voice calls & sms are all working fine.

But in other non-CM* based roms, I could able to connect 3G data. When checked in the adb logcat, I am getting the following error message

D/pppd ( 3660): using channel 41
I/pppd ( 3660): Using interface ppp0
I/pppd ( 3660): Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyCDMA0
D/pppd ( 3660): No auth is possible
E/pppd ( 3660): Could not determine local IP address
I/pppd ( 3660): Connect time 0.1 minutes.
I/pppd ( 3660): Sent 79 bytes, received 60 bytes.
I/pppd ( 3660): LCP terminated by peer

Anyone faced similar problem? Could someone help me to solve this connection issue?

thanks

:cheer: Yay ICS for Samsung Epic!! WootWoot!!

Have anybody dried CM9 ICS ROM yet?

I have solved my data problem in CM9. Now 3G data working. Solution as follows.

Added the two files pap-secrets & chap-secrets in /system/etc/ppp/ directory with the content of " * * ' ' "

Reference-

thread "Cyanogen mod 7.2.0 rc0" in cricketusers.com

@abhi.r

Yes I have tried CM9 & it is working fine.

For the last two days I am using it. Other than known problems, everything else is fine. I like ICS rom.

Hi all,

I am facing data connection (both 3G&1x) with the CM7 rom as well as in CM9-ICS rom. 3G icon appear for sometime & disappear. Voice calls & sms are all working fine.

But in other non-CM* based roms, I could able to connect 3G data. When checked in the adb logcat, I am getting the following error message

D/pppd ( 3660): using channel 41
I/pppd ( 3660): Using interface ppp0
I/pppd ( 3660): Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyCDMA0
D/pppd ( 3660): No auth is possible
E/pppd ( 3660): Could not determine local IP address
I/pppd ( 3660): Connect time 0.1 minutes.
I/pppd ( 3660): Sent 79 bytes, received 60 bytes.
I/pppd ( 3660): LCP terminated by peer

Anyone faced similar problem? Could someone help me to solve this connection issue?

thanks

I have also expirienced the same that 3G/1x data doesn't works on CM based roms(Cm7,Cm9 and MIUI)

One more thing I found was accessing PHONE UTIL (*#*#8778#*#*) , both UART And USB are set to PDA by default and even if you try to change it , it will revert back. Also accessing DEBUG SCREEN (*#*#33284#*#*) and entering MSL , it throws Modem error. SO I think radio settings get screwed in CM based roms.

I have posted same issue on XDA , but they don't have any answers.

Can any devs here help ?

I really adore ICS experience on Cm9 , but without data working its no good. had to revert back to EL30 based rom.

^^^^^ even iam facing the same problem 3g and 1x data is not working on CM9. if somebody got the fix do post it here

^^^

then i should stay away from CM9 ICS rom as EVDO or 1X are not working on it.

I had also installed MIUI but Data(Neither EVDO nor 1X) was not working.Could not find any solution for it and hence had to return back to Stock to get Data Working.

If anybody has a solution for this problem,Please inform.

Think that you solved it yourself, others please check http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1473324 for the data issue.

Yes I already Solved it. & posted solution here & xda. But somehow my post here missed. Thanks for mentioning it.

• Like 1

Think that you solved it yourself, others please check http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1473324 for the data issue.

thanks mate ... +1 for this find..... now i'm using CM 7 on Epic 4G Touch with 3G

I have tried this fix for iCS CM9 and couldn't get data working . You can also follow this XDA link for possible fixes for the same on cm9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22156964#post22156964