Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

can you post the link where it has mentioned. in fact many has this issue and some told it works with MX player. but i tried on MX also, it palys for 1/2 second and then closes. no idea whats de issue..

Besides, battery still remains a major issue on CM9 even on Beta1.. somebody asked me to use juice defender. I've just installed it and will see how it performs.

Edited by csmart

Data is the real culprit for battery issues.

Without data its absolutely fine. But when on data the battery indicator starts its own billboard countdown.

And yes juice defender helps a lot. It basically switch off data when phone on standby for long.

I use juice defender and it's really awesome.

http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=3565

i tried mkv, flv and avi on MX player. they are working. if you are facing problem playing these formats, in mx player, change decoding to software. i think default is hardware.

Somethings was wrong with my phone. When I was on Alpha5 I couldn't play any ago view regardless of any player i Use.

I switched to marcusant's rom v3, and then back to Beta0 (fresh install this time)

Now I could play most of the ago files except some.. Dunno why.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

my frined's display is not working. no display ata ll. however he talk and receive calls. any chance of getting it repaired. i checke don ebay, it costs about US$ 100/-.. too expensive

Display can't be repaired. Will have to be replaced.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A6063&_sacat=0&_kw=Samsung+EPIC+4g+amoled

This is the only link i found on E bay for Epic 4g D700 display. if you have a paypal account you should buy it. but before that i suggest you show it

to a samsung tech just to be on the safer side :)

showed to samsung repair centre in Mumbai. they say not possible as it is not launched in India.

Any galaxy S1 screen should work fine. You can buy a bricked GS1 phone and use its parts.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Galaxy S1 has a center button and i dont think it will suit a EPIC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-Samsung-i9000-Galaxy-S-FULL-LCD-Screen-w-Digitizer-Repair-Part-Unit-ZVLS463-/290620129814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aa4f4216#ht_1482wt_1015

here's a link to ebay US. its cheap compared to EPIC screen but i do not think it will suit the beast.

flashing EC05->EI22->EL30->FC09 WHT DO I NEED TO WATCH ?

^^^ nothing.. just take backup of call logs and SMS and stuff. nothing to worry for this

CyanogenMod 9 Beta 2 has been released!!!

Android 4.0.4 -woot-woot-

Game On!!! :B

was sorting out all my cwm restores, im on cleangb latest MTD, i wanted to restore to stock froyo ec05 from cwm but getting a error msg

"E:format_volume: make_extf4s failed on system

Error while formatting /system!" can anyone here please advice.

ya very useful tip..once accidentally got this but didnt know, and never got it againt till I read this post..thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

was sorting out all my cwm restores, im on cleangb latest MTD, i wanted to restore to stock froyo ec05 from cwm but getting a error msg

"E:format_volume: make_extf4s failed on system

Error while formatting /system!" can anyone here please advice.

If you are on a MTD based rom and if you want to get back to stock froyo which is on BML, as per my experience your only option is odin with repartion checked.

• Like 1

venbab thanks, yeah i kinda figured it out. just need to flash the respective(bml,mtd&rfsext) rom, root it and then restore it.

depending on the file system you can restore the same type of backup from cwm else you gotta flash,root and restore.

Data/Internet connection not working on CM9 Beta 2.

Last week I flashed from Clean GB to CM9 Beta 2 but observed that data was not working, Odin'ed back to stock FC09 to check, data was working fine. Later flashed to Clean GB and then to People's Rom and found that Data was working perfectly on both roms. Today I again flashed to CM9 Beta 2, but again data is not working. Can anyone please help me in restoring data on CM9 Beta 2, if not I will be forced to flash back to Clean GB/People's Rom.

@Venbab you will have to manually set APN xml. use root explorer to find /etc/apn.xml back it up ( from a data working rom ) and then restore it

when you flash cm9 b2. that should get your internet working. but you might have fb sync problem. see if the net works first.

• Like 1

Thanks Vinod will try it out.

Data/Internet connection not working on CM9 Beta 2.

Last week I flashed from Clean GB to CM9 Beta 2 but observed that data was not working, Odin'ed back to stock FC09 to check, data was working fine. Later flashed to Clean GB and then to People's Rom and found that Data was working perfectly on both roms. Today I again flashed to CM9 Beta 2, but again data is not working. Can anyone please help me in restoring data on CM9 Beta 2, if not I will be forced to flash back to Clean GB/People's Rom.

here's the solution for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1473324&highlight=chap-secrets

• Like 1

Thank you Ananth for the link, Data connectivity is working now after flashing the zip file in the link provided.

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this issue. If not request you to guide me to the right place.

I am using an Epic 4G with R-network. The problem with my set is that once the battery charge reaches below 50% the phone will suddenly get switched off during call. After a restart after a few minutes it'll continue to work without recharging and if keept idle for some time it'll slowly start regaining the battery capacity to the level where it has fallen from. I think I first notice this after an upgrade to EL30 form EC05>EI22. Presently I have FC09. This happens during movie recording and also sometimes when the flashs works with the camera. Another thing I noticed is if the battery is less than @ 35% then this problem is not noticed. I have done factory reset, wiped the "batterystats.bin" and what not but no solution.One thing is sure- the battery is healthy, otherwise it should not regain to the charge level before shutdown.

I would like to know if anybody else has observed this problem and the remedy if any.

Thanks in advance

Regards

HKP

After trying our different customs roms, problems with apps force closing/hanging, battery not lasting longer, 3g problems and other minor problems. I am back to stock FC09 rooted, now there is no problem with any apps and also my battery lasts more than 24 hours and with good 3g connectivity.

:hypocrite: