Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

guys i've got a question. i am about to buy an unlocked epic 4g from ebay but before ordering it i have a question. I like to go with custom roms. So i want to know whether flashing a custom rom has anything to do with evdo settings? I mean will i loose my evdo settings if i root and flash a custom rom?

NO you will not. However if you are flashing CM9, then you need to add to text files which are already mentioned in this thread. I have used different ROMs and found no problem.

is there any way my evdo settings can get erased.like factory reset or flashing new modem?i would sincerely avoid those risky steps.and how can i backup evdo settings in case i mess up somewhere?

so i got my epic 4g and activated reliance cdma postpaid 199 rental plan.at the service centre i checked and found evdo data was also working.on reaching home i found it was showing that FC09 modem was ready to install.so i installed it.now evdo works only with skype.all other programs just dont get any sort of connection, be it evdo or 1x!!!..can you throw some light?

Im on ThunderHawk 3.5 EI22 since 4 months and i did not have any problems till now. since a week the phone has been acting weird, if i use dial pad to call it just quits, quits( does not give a FC notice) just quits. same with other functions. say i wanna use whatsapp, it quits the same way. no FC's apps quit. i reinstalled but i still face the same problem. did a full scan using kaspersky, nothing suspicious. GURU's please advice.

^^ did you do cache wipe? dalvik cache wipe? still a problem, first try stock ROM and then flash the desire ROM. I will try following steps:

1. full data wipte/factory reset from CWM

2. wipe cache aprtition (thrice)

3. wipe dalvik cache (thrice)

4. install ROM

Guys.. My Epic 4G fell from my hands the other day and now the screen is cracked..The phone does not switch ON.. Does anyone here know from where I could get it fixed and how much would this cost approximately?

Need assistance- for the past 3 days, my phone speaker doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

@p.abhir speaker means the ear piece to hear the calls or the ringer for ringtones? is the music thing working... I mean if you can hear the songs on the loud speaker then might be its stuck up with some app or some software problem... If you can't hear the music as well then might be your phones ringer is faulty...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

@astrokidvaibhav I suggest you buy a new one or look for a used one, keep yours for spares. getting it fixed will cost you at least 6 to 9 grand !!

@p.abhir try playing some music on the phone. are able to hear if you connect your earphones ?

@astrokidvaibhav I suggest you buy a new one or look for a used one, keep yours for spares. getting it fixed will cost you at least 6 to 9 grand !!

I have the same problem with the screen. Planning to order from either of the below

http://www.ebay.com/...a#ht_973wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2466wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-EPIC-4G-SPH-D700-LCD-DIGITIZER-SCREEN-ASSEMBLY-SPRINT-C-CONDITION-/300731133613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4604f8eead#ht_1168wt_931

Might cost around 2-5k... which is fine to spend for Epic

Would this work?

Edited by Bablus

^^ did you do cache wipe? dalvik cache wipe? still a problem, first try stock ROM and then flash the desire ROM. I will try following steps:

1. full data wipte/factory reset from CWM

2. wipe cache aprtition (thrice)

3. wipe dalvik cache (thrice)

4. install ROM

Yeah i always do that, data cache and dalvik wiped 3 times each. the rom is fine but any program, it quits.. does not fc but just plain quits. give it 2 mins and all program works fine..

im gonna hard reset, go to stock, root and then give it a try... i have nand of stock EC05 froyo without root. gonna try that.

I have the same problem with the screen. Planning to order from either of the below

http://www.ebay.com/...a#ht_973wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2466wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/...d#ht_1168wt_931

Might cost around 2-5k... which is fine to spend for Epic

Would this work?

if i were you i would go for the first one, select the insured post just to be on the safer side.. hope you get your phone fixed soon :)

Thanks Vinod

That link is the same seller as my third link

Ordering.. hope it works

^^ from my past experience, I will suggest only if you can get it replaced by company engineer then only you order. I had ordered for HTC Touch Pro and the most repairwala could replace it but in the process it damaged my volume rocker button and the alignment was never proper. Most repair shops handle it without any care. they just open it as if it is a box and not some complicated circuit. At the end I was not at all satisfied witht he replacement due to bad handling and phone started giving problem. I had to literally gave it as free.

This is my personal experience and opinion. We not have trained professionals to do the stuff.

yeah very true, but im sure if one takes it to a samsung show room and upon request and appointment with the engineer from the company ( when one visits the showroom once in 2 months) im sure they can handle it well for a price. but make sure you ask how much it is going to cost you.

sometimes it might be more than what you have paid for the part. once you give them the phone and even if you do not want to replace your damaged lcd they might charge you small fee. so be advised before you take a decision.

Or you can watch disassembling video on youtube and try to change it by your self.

Warning: The above process is bit risky. Please don't try it at home.

Does MMS work on EPIC ?

MMS on imported handset? Nop.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Or you can watch disassembling video on youtube and try to change it by your self.

Yes, I plan to do this...

@Bablus I strongly recommend against it. Unless you are aware of circuits and handling of miniature cables. You need to have "surgeon's hand" to do this. Simply going by youtube video, you will feel its easy. but if you are not trained, then handling becomes very difficult. these are delicate parts and need to handle like you handle your new born baby.

^

Looks good..

Havent ever ordered from atechport.. anyone has any experience? do they deliver in India?

@p.abhir speaker means the ear piece to hear the calls or the ringer for ringtones? is the music thing working... I mean if you can hear the songs on the loud speaker then might be its stuck up with some app or some software problem... If you can't hear the music as well then might be your phones ringer is faulty...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Well, I mean the ear piece works just fine, it's the ringer that doesn't work....no ringers, alerts or music. I suppose that translates into faulty ringer :(

@p.abhir try playing some music on the phone. are able to hear if you connect your earphones ?

Yep... I can hear with the earphones plugged on, but without them, no ringer or music.