Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

I am having a strange problem today.

I used an Extended battery which was meant for Epic 4G. It was a 3500mAh battery.

Since I used that battery, my phone stopped sending/receiving voice calls and SMS.

Tho EVDO data is working perfectly fine.

If somebody tries to call me, the message is played "The number is not reachable". When I switch off my phone then the message is played "Phone is switched off".

When I try to call somebody, nothing happens. The dialer keeps trying for some time and message is displayed that "Call is Lost".

I was on CM9, but the problem persist with AOKP and also with EC05 Stock (unrooted).

Plz help :(

try disabling data and then check..

Need assistance- for the past 3 days, my phone speaker doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

@p.abhir speaker means the ear piece to hear the calls or the ringer for ringtones? is the music thing working... I mean if you can hear the songs on the loud speaker then might be its stuck up with some app or some software problem... If you can't hear the music as well then might be your phones ringer is faulty...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Well, I mean the ear piece works just fine, it's the ringer that doesn't work....no ringers, alerts or music. I suppose that translates into faulty ringer :(

@p.abhir try playing some music on the phone. are able to hear if you connect your earphones ?

Yep... I can hear with the earphones plugged on, but without them, no ringer or music.

I have an OEM external speaker (i.e. the ringer which is at back of phone at bottom) for epic 4g with me, I bought from EBay.com as my speaker often crackles (but it is some other problem not with speaker, tested at Samsung repair centre), it is spare so let me know if you need it, they are quite difficult to find on EBay.com and customs are high for phone parts when shipping through shopandship courier.

I used an Extended battery which was meant for Epic 4G. It was a 3500mAh battery.

Since I used that battery, my phone stopped sending/receiving voice calls and SMS.

If somebody tries to call me, the message is played "The number is not reachable". When I switch off my phone then the message is played "Phone is switched off".

When I try to call somebody, nothing happens. The dialer keeps trying for some time and message is displayed that "Call is Lost".

I was on CM9, but the problem persist with AOKP and also with EC05 Stock (unrooted).

It may be due to a key problem, once I was facing this problem, after injecting a key thro

cdma ws problem got solved.

sivashankkar

It may be due to a key problem, once I was facing this problem, after injecting a key thro

cdma ws problem got solved.

sivashankkar

If it would have been A-Key problem, then people should be able to make calls to me, and I should be able to send/receive SMS.

It has been solved. It started working all of a sudden. It was NOT a A-KEY Issue

It has been solved. It started working all of a sudden. It was NOT a A-KEY Issue

No ankur bhai, the problem started again :(

Now I installed back EC05 Stock (unrooted) + on stock battery... but problem still persist.

When I restart my phone, the network location message is properly displayed. Data works absolutely fine. network bars are adequate.

Only problem is with Phone calls and SMS :(

Edited by abhi.r

Sounds wierd,in cdma ws is ur min,mdn present? I mean to say is it correct?

I think problem might lie with the network and not with my phone or battery.

can anyone please confirm about any network issue in North Delhi (Shalimar Bagh/Pitampura/Ashok Vihar area) with Reliance customer care? I cant contact Reliance Customer care coz my phone dont let me to make any calls :(

Please tell them that EVDO is working but phone calls/sms is not.

Edited by abhi.r

The problem got solved itself. It was probably some network problem. Today the phone is working just fine with both the batteries.

@p.abhir speaker means the ear piece to hear the calls or the ringer for ringtones? is the music thing working... I mean if you can hear the songs on the loud speaker then might be its stuck up with some app or some software problem... If you can't hear the music as well then might be your phones ringer is faulty...

Well, I mean the ear piece works just fine, it's the ringer that doesn't work....no ringers, alerts or music. I suppose that translates into faulty ringer :(

@p.abhir try playing some music on the phone. are able to hear if you connect your earphones ?

Yep... I can hear with the earphones plugged on, but without them, no ringer or music.

I have an OEM external speaker (i.e. the ringer which is at back of phone at bottom) for epic 4g with me, I bought from EBay.com as my speaker often crackles (but it is some other problem not with speaker, tested at Samsung repair centre), it is spare so let me know if you need it, they are quite difficult to find on EBay.com and customs are high for phone parts when shipping through shopandship courier.

PM sent

PM sent

PM and E-Mail sent.

Got the first taste of Android 4.0.4 !! Thanks to Dipanji, ++++++++1 for him for a virtual walkthrough with all the steps for NOOBs like me !

The credit is all yours Abhir, I just helped you along the way, welcome to the real world of Android, tinker around and enjoy.

The problem got solved itself. It was probably some network problem. Today the phone is working just fine with both the batteries.

Similar problem in my nephews Samsung moment in ahmedabad since week, I am unable to find any solutions. When phone is rebooted it can receive call for may be couple of minutes. :angry:

Edited by kshah

Epic 4g not detected in Diagnostic mode, was detected until i wrote NV items of GS3 by mistake.

If i go into diagnostic mode and select MODEM in USB part the phone does not get detected in com port. (GS3 gets detected in Diagnostic mode)

if i select PDA under USB part it gets detected as storage device.

I odin back to stock EC05 but same problem.

Can anyone help

try re installing samsung drivers or use with different cable and different USB port. Many times, cable also creates problem.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792508

@csmart the cable and drivers are fine because GS3 detects on the same cable and drivers.

@VinodNayak

I once had similar problem. My problem got solved by using BlackBerry Original data cable. And I am using it till today.

Try using HTC/Blackberry original cable. Hope your problem might get solved.

Will try that abhi.

Can anyone tell me what do they see when you dial in these codes *#7284#

Be very careful, just see what's in and press back button on the phone.

anyones got any idea as on how to clear NVram ?

After checking on many sites I found that even if you Odin to stock the modem NV settings won't change. Had posted this problem on Xda and AcsSyndicate sites, got a reply to reset the NVram. Downloaded EC05modem.bin flashed it with Odin with PHONE EFS CLEAR checked. Rebooted, now the phone is detected in pc on diagnostic mode. Updated the PRL, NAM and Epic NV Items. Epic back to normal now.

Flashing the phone with stock firmware won't reset the modem settings, so modem has to be flashed again with PHONE EFS clear checked. This will resetc the NVram.

Edited by VinodNayak

:previous:

u need not have to go back to stock for that..use the kexec method to boot up into fc09 stock from sd card temporarily, update the prl and reboot back to cm9..as of now, cm9 natively doesnot support prl updating as the phone cannot be connected in modem mode..you can though open the phone utility by dialing *#*#87788#*#* ,but it doesnot save.

@billamib the Kexec method is not easy as you think it is, unless you are a dev.

the easiest way i solved my problem is i rebooted to download mode and i flashed relevant modem.bin ( this not only replaces your stock modem.bin but also resets PRL NVram and NAM settings. after doing this i was able to get my EPIC back to normal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1079097 --> Kexec method to by pass bootloader.

That link is the same seller as my third link

did you get your LCD fixed? I yes is it working fine?