Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

@billamib the Kexec method is not easy as you think it is, unless you are a dev.

the easiest way i solved my problem is i rebooted to download mode and i flashed relevant modem.bin ( this not only replaces your stock modem.bin but also resets PRL NVram and NAM settings. after doing this i was able to get my EPIC back to normal.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1079097 --> Kexec method to by pass bootloader.

i have used it a couple of times..to update prl..i still have it in my sdcard to use if need arises..and it is really simple,,only that the os,since hosted on the sdcard,is slow...and btw i am not a dev.. :)

just follow instructions in this link

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1464791

Need help

How can i update android 4.1 on samsung epic 4g SPH-D700

currently i have firmware 2.3.4 baseband s:D700.0.5S.EH06

kernel version 2.6.35.7

build number : GINGERBREAD.EH06

hardware version D700.0.5.

i update eh06 from samfirmware.

thank you in advance.

Need help

How can i update android 4.1 on samsung epic 4g SPH-D700

currently i have firmware 2.3.4 baseband s:D700.0.5S.EH06

kernel version 2.6.35.7

build number : GINGERBREAD.EH06

hardware version D700.0.5.

i update eh06 from samfirmware.

thank you in advance.

Install a custom recovery CWM or TWRP using odin..download jelly bean rom from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1741978 and flash from recovery..But i would suggest try ICS for now..jb still has some bugs.wait till everything gets fixed... :)

fyi why are you still using eh06 modem???it is "antique"..go for fc09 or the newest fc19..:)

Edited by billamib
  • Like 1

If anyone wants to change the network name in status bar from "Sprint" to "Reliance mobile", download the attached file "eri.xml" , copy it to /data/ and change its permissions to rw-r--r--. Reboot and enjoy.. :teacher:

eri.xml

• Like 2

:previous:

Negative, @billamib tried it but not working.

:previous:

is your phone rooted? it works only on rooted phones as you cannot copy or change permissions on unrooted phones..what exactly did you do? can anyone else confirm that it is not working? its working perfectly for me on cm9, though it should work on any rom..

attached is a screenshot of my drawer..there is no way this method cannot work..:)

post-80769-0-33504400-1343656712_thumb.j

@bilamib, My phone is rooted and is on stock FC09 rom. The file is copied to /data/ folder and the permissions changed as per your earlier post using root explorer, but sprint is displayed as the carrier name.

@bilamib, My phone is rooted and is on stock FC09 rom. The file is copied to /data/ folder and the permissions changed as per your earlier post using root explorer, but sprint is displayed as the carrier name.

yes toggle offline/online..if it doesnt work, clear dalvik/cache from cwm..if it still doesnt work, might be because of "stock" rom..flash a custom rom...cm9 and even cm10 is out!!why are you still stuck with stock!!.. :smartass:

Recently I had flashed HSD PRL on my Epic which 4KB. the original EVDO was only 38bytes. After flashing this, phone continuously shifts between EVDO and 1x. In fact earlier, where is used to get EVDO now gets 1X only. I even flashed the EVDO PRL but same issue. Can anyone help to solve the issue?

yes toggle offline/online..if it doesnt work, clear dalvik/cache from cwm..if it still doesnt work, might be because of "stock" rom..flash a custom rom...cm9 and even cm10 is out!!why are you still stuck with stock!!..

Tried all methods mentioned by you, May not work on stock.

I have tried different customs roms but finally I am back to stock rom see post #1350 for details. Thanks for the help.

I have tried different customs roms but finally I am back to stock rom see post #1350 for details. Thanks for the help.

It works on my Epic with CM9.. see the screen shots...

post-12510-0-52479300-1343820257_thumb.p

post-12510-0-70136700-1343820262_thumb.p

• Like 1

Recently I had flashed HSD PRL on my Epic which 4KB. the original EVDO was only 38bytes. After flashing this, phone continuously shifts between EVDO and 1x. In fact earlier, where is used to get EVDO now gets 1X only. I even flashed the EVDO PRL but same issue. Can anyone help to solve the issue?

Flash back the original PRL or Message Parin bhai, hes got one PRL file which will solve your problem.

I am using epic touch, while I am on call suddenly signal bars goes completely zero and show up no signal icon.In next few seconds signal is there, in between I had to disconnect the call.

I have recently did a factory reset, and flashed evdo nv items as it wasnt working. Have I missed anything else. Is that creating the signal issue ?

Signal Strength: -91dbm 2 asu

PRL Version: 10005

Username: omhtest@omh.relianceinfo.com

Rimweb gurus, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kareem

I am using epic touch, while I am on call suddenly signal bars goes completely zero and show up no signal icon.In next few seconds signal is there, in between I had to disconnect the call.

I have recently did a factory reset, and flashed evdo nv items as it wasnt working. Have I missed anything else. Is that creating the signal issue ?

Signal Strength: -91dbm 2 asu

PRL Version: 10005

Username: omhtest@omh.relianceinfo.com

Rimweb gurus, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kareem

flash prl again.

can we use i500 (from RCOM) LCD on Epic? My screen is showing only green colour. Getting LCD from ebay will cost approx Rs 5000 which I am little hesitant. any suggestions please.....

Edited by csmart

@csmart samsung fascinate lcd is working

I500 & fascinate are same. Have you tried it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

i got somewhere that all the SAMOLED Galaxy S phones have the same display.but in ebay all listings include the Epic digitizer(front panel) too. so maybe it is very tricky to remove the lcd from the digitizer.do it in a official service centre paying some money. btw how much is the cost of the i500 display at rcom??

I assume that i500 will easier to get compare to Epic. I think it should be cheaper. I will be visiting authorised service centre and update the same.

Anyone able to get data on paranoid android 1.99 rom, If yes please help me.

TIA.

Did u copy the chap n pap secrets to system etc??btw pa1.99 has broken sms i guess?is it working for u?m on pa1.98.