Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Yup

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That video is really helpful.. I used it when I wanted to replace my lcd and digitizer..

Yeah videos in YouTube are very helpful. I replaced the keyboard and screen of my laptop learning from those videos. Saved me 2k+ (:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Even Youtube helped me many time while rooting/unrooting phone. I mostly follow QBKING77 channel there and even recently he launched the Site also.

http://www.qbking77.com/ which is simple and too good.

QBKING77 has very good videos for newcomers.. I had my phone rooted and romed in no time following his tutorials..

• Like 2

things were running smoothly for me in cm10, but due to the poor battery life, i shifted back to gb,,for a couple of weeks everything was working, but then some memory problems started,,then i flashed cm7.2 and ever since, i lost data (3g+1x), messaging,,only calling facility is left..tried all the trics i would previously apply,,dont seem to be working this time..please help me out..i m on reliance cdma kolkata and i dont have contacct with the seller!!!!!!!!!

Go back to stock gb FC09 and check whether the reliance and evdo settings have erased or are still present.. This will clear any rom issues that you have and tell you if you need to re enter reliance settings in case they are erased..

• Like 1

Back up all your media. Flash FC09 with Odin 1.83 get the pit file also. Make sure auto reboot, F.Reet and Phone EFS Clear are ticked. Once it reboots you will have to program the phone again with PRL and NV items.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Vinod ji.. I dont think clearing efs directly is a good idea as the guy has no contact with seller.. So he may or may not have the files required for programming the phone.. In that case it would be better for him to just odin to stock to see whether anything is wrong in the settings in the first place..

• Like 1

Go back to stock gb FC09 and check whether the reliance and evdo settings have erased or are still present.. This will clear any rom issues that you have and tell you if you need to re enter reliance settings in case they are erased..

true , sometimes its the rom that have connectivity issues.just rule it out. if its not the problem we can check for other solutions ,

QBKING77 has very good videos for newcomers.. I had my phone rooted and romed in no time following his tutorials..

he is a good friend of mine :hypocrite:

he is a good friend of mine :hypocrite:

He is a good friend of all epic users.. :-p
  • Like 1

My friend has epic 4 4g touch. Which does not receive signal at all. And prl doesn't change. It's value as shown is "default " istead of a number. Please help experts.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The problem solved in my epic 4g touch........

courtesy of great saurabh bhai aka phonegeek...

Very generous person.

Handed him over my phone and he returned a 3 months dead phone to life. It works fine now.

Some garbage value in efs partition was the issue.

Really I appreciate his work. Actually a very busy person person but never ignored a query even the stupid ones..

Thanks saurabh bhai...

• Like 1

I am using Samsung Epic 4g and since the starting i face issues with the GPS accuracy. Its always takes 10-15 minutes while connecting with all the signals. However i tried the Gpsfix.zip file and even tried almost all Roms and currently using People rom with GB 2.3.6 ,Shadow Rom FC09 MTD one.

I heard of something cold start in Froyo mode but did not get any option in G.B rom. Hope you guyz have smthing new here for GPS this time.

Thankx in Advance

Gps does not always depend only on the phone.. It also depends on your net speed and nearby cellphone towers which help you pinpoint your location.. I live in Mumbai and hence didnt face any problems as such with gps.. Even when I went to bangalore I used the gps for finding places on google which were very precise.. PS: I was using CM10. Maybe you can try if that works for you too..

CM rom would solve your gps problem.

I am using Samsung Epic 4g and since the starting i face issues with the GPS accuracy. Its always takes 10-15 minutes while connecting with all the signals. However i tried the Gpsfix.zip file and even tried almost all Roms and currently using People rom with GB 2.3.6 ,Shadow Rom FC09 MTD one.

I heard of something cold start in Froyo mode but did not get any option in G.B rom. Hope you guyz have smthing new here for GPS this time.

Thankx in Advance

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Oh yeah ! .. I never tried testing in CM however used Cm 7&9. Let me Try in that too..

Thankx Buddies

Hope cm10 works for you and solves all your gps issues..

phone got stolen..:(

I am experiancing strange problems..

Call log mot updating from yesterday(no missed, dialed and recd calls)

Applications like facebook playstore not getting internet connection but browsing possible through dolphin, android browser

Dudes.. pls help

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

What ROM are you on?? Seems like a software issue so reflashing the ROM may solve your problem..

^^^

Thanks buddy

am on 2.3.6

will the factory reset solve the issue ?

Factory reset should solve it.. If not then odin to stock.. Backup messages, contacts, apps, files and if you want then call logs before formatting..

Is there any flashing experts, who can help me to update my epic 4g to ICS ?

am willing to pay for the kind effots as, am not confident enough to do all the complex procedures ...

location ; kerala

thanks

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ