Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

really sorry to hear this doc

Try "poweramp" from market. This is a better music palyer than the built in player. Make some adjustment according to your choice. the best part of this player this player is it's EQUILIZER. it has a very nice Ui, and sound output is just awesome.

bad part- trail version, will purchase when it will be available....

@ananth001 - couldnt understand ur comment? sorry? about what?

@anup Yes i use ADW since day it came in Market

If some of you were missing the HTC notification sounds from their HTC Incredible/Hero on their Sammys (like me.... LOL), here it is - all sounds, notification and default ringtones - enjoy -

audio.zip

Edited by dkaile

^^^ lol I will miss my WM ringtones and notifications DK. Hain aapke paas?

Forget WM... lolz... Android one's are better... (btw I had posted wm one's a longtime back in some wm phone forum)....

Problem - unable to switch 1x/3G data on or off at your will (by default 3G data will always be ON on the Epic)

Solution - Install Quick Settings by Sergej Shafarenka (free) from the market; then go into its customize option and just unhide Mobile data from the Hidden Settings; and voila you can now switch data on and off on your whim; lots of other settings also; also go into its preferences option and add and hide its status bar icon so that u can choose settings quickly

Alternately you can also use the Switch Pro widget(Paid for 0.99$)

Edited by dkaile

The Ultimate Digital clock App for your android device; specially for docked ones like the EPIC

Search for "DigitalClock" in the market (its free); by social & mobile, inc. - http://socialnmobile...ig-display.html

It lets you choose any colour, brightness, in built alarm clock with option to choose any ringtone or notification, shake to snooze, keeps screen on while in charging mode; in fact u can make the colour so dim so its hardly visible even in pitch dark by choosing the right dash of grey and brightness setting (so it wont disturb at night)

The photo somehow shows the BLUE colour I chose as whitish; it matches the blue light colour of the dock and the phone charging light; too good -

img1597x.jpg

LOL... I just made my EPIC into the costliest Digital Clock... ever... :Riendo:

Edited by dkaile

@dhiraj bhai , I said I felt sad to know that Doc's epic got bricked

Edited by ananth001

^

He has recovered the money from paypal as far as I know.... Its the risk of the hobby we all have got... anyways, he's off to the US now... our loss is the US's gain...

Doc EPIC was preproduction build

Problem - Facebook and Twitter contacts dont sync (or show) in your contacts even though you have set sync settings to ON in Settings-Accounts and Sync

Solution - From Home Screen Select - Contacts->Menu->Get friends->Facebook or Twitter. Then simply select the people you want or click select all and hit Save. Re-open your contacts and you see that your contact are now Sync'd to your Facebook/Twitter contacts. After you do this add people to the "Buddies now" widget on one of the home screens for really great features(it'll display their Facebook picture and status and you'll be able able to call, message, and comment with the touch of one button)

>>>>>regarding yahoo push mail >>>>

but doc, without using yahoo mail app, just by creating my yahoo account on the handset all my yahoo mails get pushed to my pixi plus (also works on the incredible - no need to use yahoo mail app - just create a new yahoo account , and it syncs) I configured yahoo account with following mail servers

pop.mail.yahoo.com

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Edited by ananth001

you dont need yahoo app for pixi

webos has support for yahoo , msn and gmail by default

I am facing strange problem on Epic.

All my contacts are in the format as +91 99***********. Now I have disabled North American dialing and in International prefix, I have put 00.

I am able to make calls but I am not able to send SMS. SMS goes from my side but its not getting delivered. If I directly input the number, SMS gets delivered.

:help:

Dont try this leak , its buggy

There is a second version of Beta is testing now

wait for that to be leaked

and soon we all (all epic owners) shall be on the big E... (trick question... lolz)

^^^ Big elephant.. African or desi? lol

you dont need yahoo app for pixi

webos has support for yahoo , msn and gmail by default

m facing same problem.. calls going fine, prob with SMS. it shows sent, but receiver never gets..

thanx to HP for de nadset

equal thanx to dhiraj for feedback and helping me to decide on this phone...